CM takes the position from the car.ini and the fuel tank size, and renders this box in realtime around it, afaik it even changes size accordingly. Handy gimmick I think.

I do believe that you did something great with the LODs, but for now you just brag in here without telling us how you did it or what you did :/ Can't imagine you did much different but follow the pipeline.pdf, low number of objects, low number of simple materials. I'd rather make sure the transition is done well, as some cars (yours and Kunos) have very obvious transitions.

CM takes the position from the car.ini and the fuel tank size, and renders this box in realtime around it, afaik it even changes size accordingly. Handy gimmick I think.

I do believe that you did something great with the LODs, but for now you just brag in here without telling us how you did it or what you did :/ Can't imagine you did much different but follow the pipeline.pdf, low number of objects, low number of simple materials. I'd rather make sure the transition is done well, as some cars (yours and Kunos) have very obvious transitions.
Created my own pipeline and my own settings and my own LOD techniques based on multiple years of experience, that is why the performance is so much better, its simply not possible to compare official content with 4xLOD to a car with 6xLOD and over 60% made by hand.

Will the other RSS cars get this enhancement ? :)
I doubt it, I was discussing last maybe making a 5th LOD for some of the other cars,
I am mainly interesting in the engine of AC and trying to get the maximum MIN/AVG/MAX fps gains as possible with the lowest DIP drawcalls and lowest CPU, either way doing tests with this car currently in the pack where its at home I see big gains on the overhaul pack, the ways I have created the LOD would mean starting them again at this point that is not a viable option.

Created my own pipeline and my own settings and my own LOD techniques based on multiple years of experience, that is why the performance is so much better, its simply not possible to compare official content with 4xLOD to a car with 6xLOD and over 60% made by hand.
Better than average of Kunos's cars? Who does cars for Kunos anyway?

Last edited:
what-next-3.png

How quickly you think ppl will get bored by the limited ACC content and fire up AC with all its glorious mods again?
1 week?
2 weeks?
:roflmao:
That is the key here limitations and restrictions, lets hope that the capabilities they have taken into consideration and options left open,
most games I have seen carry forwards templates and UV packages from previous content, there will be some AC content compatible with ACC so these liveries and skins should be usable, mainly here they are creating the 3D world again but keeping there main physics engine so lets just hope its just as friendly as the last one, I am interested to see the way the main files are but with experience with the UE4 interface for many years, to be honest anything could possibly happen there is so many options for encryption of files different levels,
if they go and lock everything down tight will be a nightmare to say the least :)

Not all Kunos cars come with 30 litres, many do but not all. SF70 for example defaults to 55 litres, the F2004 comes with 80. Its a bit all over the place really - if it were me, I'd set it so every car starts with 50% capacity.

But yeah I agree, a higher starting default probably is no bad thing.
Ahhh...I wasn't aware, but that's probably because I never touch the modern open-wheelers. Just too fast for my brain. :D

Not to sound greedy here with the current pack still under work.....but:rolleyes:. Any chance even though it only came along to GT1 in 2006 of an RSS 'Amirtian V12';) in the future?
lemans-24-hours-of-le-mans-2006-007-aston-martin-racing-aston-martin-dbr9-tomas-enge-andre.jpg

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying I would happily pay for this as an addon to the current high quality RSS GT pack:)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.