AC RSS 1970 V8 @ Watkins Glen Boot - Tue 28th Nov 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

JamKart22

Staff
Premium
custom_showroom_1661712299.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

As recommend by you, this week we're are racing the superb
RSS 1970 V8 that's based on the March 701. If you've found the other classic single seaters a bit of a handful then give this one as go as it's a lot more drivable.

Note the car is paid content but it's less than the price of a coffee so well worth it.

The car comes in two flavours - with and without the aero package. I suspect one will be quicker but I'd like to have a selection on the grid so we can compare. If we get enough interest then I'd like to run a championship based on the
1970 season. I've found most of the tracks so this could be a great series. Like this post if you might be interested.

For our first race we're going to Watkins Glen. To make it a bit easier we won't be using the chicane.

Watkins_Glen_International_Track_Map-1970-1980.svg.png

The format will be 2x25mins races

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go
here using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 3
  • Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 25 minutes - Race 1
  • 22:00 CET, 21:00 BST (20:00 UTC) | 25 minutes - Race 2 - Reverse grid of race 1
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Car: RSS 1970 V8
  • Track: Watkins Glen
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: not mandatory.

Useful Links:
Entry list:
Server is up

Last edited:
Damn, I wish I could make this one--looks like a good one! I also love this track, and have been wanting to try out those cars.

Unfortunately, work keeps getting in the way of these early and mid week races for me... Gotta pay the bills I suppose.
Have fun guys!

Just downloaded the car. So fun to drive so I will give it a go. No setup or experience but it's easy to drive for a retro car.

Colin could you pleasse send me the password for practice/race server. Thx

Last edited:
good car . bought the car and my initial idea was to test it before the race damn if i was wrong went to bed for couple secs and whola i woke up 7min left in qualy , made some change in the setup for race1 but the car was so unstable on the brakes on s3, i used the race2 for testing 4-0 wings :'''D impacted to a wall on s1 and collected Colin so sorry for that, i was on the brakes but the car was carrying too much speed . after that i went to pit for test another set of wings and somehow managed to set the fastest lap of the session . overall was super fun :D

No problem Fulvio. I tried to avoid you but you were right across the track.

I hope everyone enjoyed the car. If you have some suggestions for suitable tracks then we can have another go in a fortnight. I thought Watkins Glen was a good opener as its fast and not too long - so you don't get too spread out.

So don't suggest Fonteny :)

Last edited:
Happy with the 2 wins :cool: Second race was quite fun, very close with Thomas in the last lap there.

I did post this video I did some time ago. Le circuit Mt-Tremblant is awesome with it but very technical. I'd say only old tracks, there are some I can't find the name right now. Let's do something else than Fat Alfie tracks. we are doing so much of them already.

Since most 60,s tracks have been reworked by rainmaker they would be good including 60,s Watkins Glen i might add
Sergio Loro's F3 classic tracks has a free version of Watkins Glen in the 60's which is probably the best version there is around!

Had a lot of fun, though in race two I got interrupted IRL so alas I had to miss most of that one. I do love this car and I think Brands Hatch is a great track for this car! They raced that combo a while ago a THR!

Last edited:
How about racing some of the tracks 1970's F1 raced at ? Do the tracks have to be on RD ?

Circuit Mt-Tremblant : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/le-circuit-mt-tremblant-1969-st-jovite.50949/
Kyalami 67 : https://***************/kyalami-1967-reboot-project/
Monaco 66 : http://assettomodtracks.com/monaco-1966-reboot-project-30-pits/
Zandvoort 67 : https://f3classictracks.sellfy.store/p/ylih/
Watkins Glen : https://f3classictracks.sellfy.store/p/watkins-glen-for-assetto-corsa/
Charade : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-de-charade-clermont-ferrand-1965.61917/
Monza historic : Kunos
Spa historic : ?

If this car proves popular than a championship based on the 1970 season is a possible. I've found most of the circuits. RD seems ok using the f3classic circuits but others are not possible due to rights reasons. It's a shame we can't use the 60s Spa as that is a classic and these cars are fantastic on that track - I have asked but the answer was no :(

I'll run them on Circuit Mt-Tremblant in the next free week.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea