RSR Formula 3

Cars RSR Formula 3 v4.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Looks like 2019 F3's will have halos, any plans to update this mod to have the next year's cars any time soon?
Well it would require a lot more than a halo... The new F3 car replaces what we know as GP3, so there is literally zero carryover between the F317 and F319.

Its a brand new spec of car, really its a full step above what F3 is now (and regional F3 will remain its own thing).

That being said, time permitting the new F3 car is something I would very much love to model, been itching to do a single seater for a while.

Last edited:
That being said, maybe slapping a halo on is all thats needed :laugh:

upload_2018-12-7_11-11-52.png

There's something wrong on the setup options/default values.

For ex. on the F317 If the default Diff Power setting is 18 and it's set to move by steps of 5, then why is the minimum value 2.5? If you lower the value in game it goes all the way down to 3 and then 2. You can then raise it back up and set it at 17, but not 18.

The default front spring rate is 146, the step size is 7, and the max is 196. So if you raise it all the way and come back down, you can set the spring rate at 147.

Most of the setup options on the car are like this. The result is that if you raise the value as high as it will go, and then bring it back down, the numbers will all be completely different than they were before. See the attached file for the error that is given every time someone goes on track with the F317 in Assetto Corsa's log.txt when the game tries to load the setup and the values don't match what they're supposed to. It is like this for both cars, F312 and F317

Attachments

• setuperror.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 326
Unfortunately this is not an easy car for the AI do to its characteristics.
The only real option was to slow it down everywhere. This is also what they had to do with the tatuus, although our case is even more extreme.
That would make the ai boring in each sigle track. This is the best compromise I found after trying different approaches.
I’m aware it behaves terribly in some tracks in some specific corners.
I prefer that in some tracks drives well and it’s fun to race, although it’s unusable in others.
I’m not happy with it, but I couldn’t find any other solution.
If anyone has suggestions or wants to experiment, and will find a better way, I will be more than happy to update it. This is something that bothers me quite a lot.

Thanks a lot

RaceSimStudio managed to make great AI with their F2 cars but of course i don't know how they do it. You have probably noticed yourself that they usually crash at turn 1 in most of the tracks, especially when they are side by side. I have raced the car in Silverstone and Nurburgring tracks. I hope you find a way to fix this issue because, like i have said, the car is really fun to drive.

the mod looks amazing but i seem to be having trouble getting it to load on assetto corsa. it would load the track perfectly fine but for some reason the it would crash while trying to load the car. would you know of any fix that would rectify this? Thank you for reading my post and i hope to hear from you guys soon :)

I think that there should be something missing/wrong in your installation.
You can try the following:
1) perform a cache validation in Steam (that will make sure that all your AC files are correct. I can happen that something gets corrupted sometimes)
2) make sure you are installing the full package as is in AC main folder

Let me know if this fix the issue.

Good luck

When i want to start a session the game crashes and it says "Driver Model is probably missing" any suggestions?
Would love to test the Dallara :)

Edit: I copied the entire content folder from the F3 Downlaod in the main assetro corsa folder, now everything works fine !!!

I'm still pretty new to this, could someone please inform me of the correct download path. Nothing I've tried seems to work and I want to drive this. Thanks in advance

I'm still pretty new to this, could someone please inform me of the correct download path. Nothing I've tried seems to work and I want to drive this. Thanks in advance
The installation is very easy: just unpack it as is in the main assetto corsa folder. The package is created to place everything in the right folders.
The default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa

Enjoy!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back