AC Round 23 of 23 Formula Agile@Abu Dhabi, Thu, 30th Nov 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thursday isn't a good day for me so unfortunately I couldn't join the series. But it's been interesting to follow and to see how you all got on with this car. If you want to try with a 1970 f1 car then consider joining my race on Tue. I suspect you'll find this car a bit more forgiving than the Agile.

If enough people are interested then I was proposing a championship based on the 1970 F1 season. Lets see how Tue goes first...

Well.. I thought that the infamous (for me) Las Vegas, with its 4 digits ping (then tracked back to being due to my wife watching a movie in streaming.. but the fault is of the line, not hers) would have been my farewell to the series, as last Thursday I was returning back home after some days in the Dolomites (thus already having done a 3 hours drive in the afternoon).
However, fate seemed to be willing to give me another opportunity to reach the vicotry :roflmao:

Jokes apart, I read this post this morning and thought it was an error, then I landed on this thread starting from the link in there, and found out that the technical issues you had led to cancel last Thursday's race and here we are.

With regards to next year's schedule, I admit that I enjoyed the FA much less than the Multiclass, but I wanted to stick to it so to learn something new and increase my skills. Not that it had been enough to get any result - opposite to many in this group which I saw improving fast and consistently (@KFMaster I'm looking at you), but the commitment was there at least.
Should we change car I will give it a go for sure, and I appreciate the splitting proposal into shorter championships, so to allow us to measure with something different and decide whether it's our cup of tea or not. The 2x 25 minutes for me was a mixed feeling: it's been nice to have the possibility of starting at the front if only for a few laps, but I feel that 25 minutes is a little too short of a time to really enjoy the race.

Well.. I thought that the infamous (for me) Las Vegas, with its 4 digits ping (then tracked back to being due to my wife watching a movie in streaming.. but the fault is of the line, not hers) would have been my farewell to the series, as last Thursday I was returning back home after some days in the Dolomites (thus already having done a 3 hours drive in the afternoon).
However, fate seemed to be willing to give me another opportunity to reach the vicotry :roflmao:
My wife just reminded me that we have an appointment scheduled for that evening. :(:poop:

I'll check if I can hop onto another wagon on Wednesday/Friday or I'll return on track next week :thumbsdown:

With regards to next year's schedule, I admit that I enjoyed the FA much less than the Multiclass, but I wanted to stick to it so to learn something new and increase my skills. Not that it had been enough to get any result - opposite to many in this group which I saw improving fast and consistently (@KFMaster I'm looking at you), but the commitment was there at least.
Should we change car I will give it a go for sure, and I appreciate the splitting proposal into shorter championships, so to allow us to measure with something different and decide whether it's our cup of tea or not. The 2x 25 minutes for me was a mixed feeling: it's been nice to have the possibility of starting at the front if only for a few laps, but I feel that 25 minutes is a little too short of a time to really enjoy the race.
Thanks for the encouragement Omar! But I know you are getting better too. For those of us not naturally gifted with driving fast, practice is the key. I see nearly a 100% correlation with time spent vs improvement for each race. Also, specific exercises or attention really helps (thanks to coaching and insights from Carsten and Rasmus), for example, I do this trailing braking exercise by watching realtime brake trace and try gradually release from fast full on braking force with out actually driving. Also on easing in the throttle with matching unwinding of the steering wheel.

I actually wish we do the same FA car and same tracks next years as I feel I could improve another level the second time around. But I won't vote for what to do next year as unfortunately I will likely not be able to race at this time slot next year. This year I was lucky the way my work schedule worked out on Thus.

Oh darn, I just noticed that this post's heading had changed to Nov 30 race! Didn't notice that before. But I couldn't have made it anyways so made no difference. Hope to be able to make at least some of the races next year. See you all then.

Thanks again to all for all my learnings. And thanks especially for Markus and Han for setting up the races through out the year!

Steve and I were the only starters of the race, not sure where everyone else was. I dont mind rerunning the race if we can get an actual grid to show up.

If not then thanks Markus and Han for organizing, It's a shame the Agile killed most of the competitors by the end.

Edit: didn't see Markus' post on the championship thread until after writing this.

Last edited:
We will have some news on this in the coming days.:)
Sooo... Any news yet? :D

I've been wanting to branch out a little and Thursdays seem to be the best fit for my agenda. Would love to know which car(s) will be the main focus next year so I can get some practice before the start.

Hi Ricardo,

Initially we were going to announce the plans for 2024 before Christmas but then thought most people would have had enough of Formula cars on Thurday's for a while, so the news will now be released after the festive holidays.
But don't worry, there will be plenty of time to try out the car (s) well in advance and to see the tracks being considered.

In the meantime Han has some exciting events planned.

Hi Ricardo,

Initially we were going to announce the plans for 2024 before Christmas but then thought most people would have had enough of Formula cars on Thurday's for a while, so the news will now be released after the festive holidays.
But don't worry, there will be plenty of time to try out the car (s) well in advance and to see the tracks being considered.

In the meantime Han has some exciting events planned.
Has Han posted this exciting event? I don't seem to see anything, may be missed it? Sure would like to do something over the break when I will be able to race on weekdays for a week!

Also, I found a State side league that races in US evening hours. Been racing in a RSS 3 V6 (which was mentioned as a possibility as Agile replacement next year) series. That car is very cool to race with. It has all the aero components of the Agile, but is much more forgiving for slow corner exits and no less challenging to get good lap time. Lap time is pretty similar, a couple of seconds slower based on my short experience with it.

Has Han posted this exciting event? I don't seem to see anything, may be missed it? Sure would like to do something over the break when I will be able to race on weekdays for a week!

Also, I found a State side league that races in US evening hours. Been racing in a RSS 3 V6 (which was mentioned as a possibility as Agile replacement next year) series. That car is very cool to race with. It has all the aero components of the Agile, but is much more forgiving for slow corner exits and no less challenging to get good lap time. Lap time is pretty similar, a couple of seconds slower based on my short experience with it.
You haven’t missed anything Dai.

That sounds like a fun race! But one week early for my vacation yet. I was also hoping for a formula car race (I probably read too much into what Paul wrote) that preview what may come next year :)

Last edited:
That sounds like a fun race! But one week early for my vacation yet. I was also hoping for a formula car race (I probably read too much into what Paul wrote) that preview what may come next year :)
Yes well Paul will set that up and in the meantime I will fill in the Thursday gaps with a diversity of events. Next week probably a surprise event for which you can't practice so you have the Christmas days free for other things;).

Next week probably a surprise event for which you can't practice so you have the Christmas days free for other things;).
Like practicing for Fonteny?

On a FatAlfie track I can substitute talent with (a lot of) preparation work, with the track surprise I´m screwed :p
Yup, I'll finally be unmasked for the backmarker that I am...

1702903595485.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea