AC Round 23 of 23 Formula Agile@Abu Dhabi, Thu, 30th Nov 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
For me this is going to be a difficult decision:

I just tried the RSS F3 and after initially feeling this thing is "driving like a dead fish" ( others would call that controllable and friendly ;)) after ten minutes and some adjustments to FFB and tactile this thing actually comes to life :)
It´s even "slideable" :cool:, something the FA has always murdered me for:speechless:.

So the car is a (BIG) Go!!

On the other hand I tried it out at Yas Marina, and this BPOS is everything what is wrong with modern F1.

So on my momentary state I really like the "Quarter Quell" :rolleyes: four part season.
I´d jump in when there are tracks that excite me ( or at least don´t make me puke)
naturally I wouldn´t want to take aspot from someone interested so I´d register last.

On the other hand I tried it out at Yas Marina, and this BPOS is everything what is wrong with modern F1.
Exactly my thoughts Carsten, I have more fun driving around an Ikea car park and believe me I avoid going anyway near those places if I can (even though I drive a Volvo):roflmao::roflmao:.

There are too many slow 90 degree corners here, too much stop/start for my liking.
Las Vegas grew on me and I could get a flow going but agree that most of these 'new' F1 tracks don't come close to the classics. But money talks.........................:(

Exactly my thoughts Carsten, I have more fun driving around an Ikea car park and believe me I avoid going anyway near those places if I can (even though I drive a Volvo):roflmao::roflmao:.

There are too many slow 90 degree corners here, too much stop/start for my liking.
Las Vegas grew on me and I could get a flow going but agree that most of these 'new' F1 tracks don't come close to the classics. But money talks.........................:(
On that note, maybe we can switch to a historic version of certain tracks and run F1 cars from that era to replace less popular modern tracks. Personally I really like the 80s era FI cars. 90s too. Maybe vote on it as we go.

For me, COTA is the same. Just endless unnecessary sharp turns makes the entire thing just torture.

RSS makes a 1986 William, could be fun to race on the 88 circuits? I bet 1300hp with 2 second turbo delay will top Formula Agile in the challenge to drive department :confused:
You bet Dai,:rolleyes:
We ran these earlier this year at Imola 88. Not for the feint hearted.......and they made the Agile seem like a breeze to drive.
But if we get enough interest we may do a one off again between the regular Championship.:thumbsup:

I would love to continue this series next year, whether continue with the FA or changing to a new car. I feel like I learned allot over these races and thanks to all of you who have given me so much help along the way. The only trouble for me is that I may not make this time next year :(

You bet Dai,:rolleyes:
We ran these earlier this year at Imola 88. Not for the feint hearted.......and they made the Agile seem like a breeze to drive.
But if we get enough interest we may do a one off again between the regular Championship.:thumbsup:
That 86 RSS formula car is off the rails. With turbo boost anywhere near 100% you’re going to be in for the ride of your life. So much as look at the gas pedal sideways and the wheels will spin in just about every gear.
That’s why I opted for the MP4/4 which was a nice ride.
Casper seemed to get that one under control pretty well though as I recall.
Paul do you want to take a stab at mapping out the next season ?

ASR Formula 1991 cover everything on the grid for that year. Made from scratch i believe and are free? Did a champoinship with them, very exciting but very fast and intense to drive. VRC do the very drivable Jordan 1991 as well as the 1988 MP4 as mentioned. So i guess we would have the 1988 tracks properly covered.

I'd be more than happy to work together with Dominic, maybe it could be known as 'Formula Thursday's' running the F1 like we did this this year interspersed with other Formulas/Indycart races (F3, Tatus, Formula Ford.....no Skippy though unless we want to lose Ernie:roflmao:) or other single make races such as Clio Cup or the Audi GTO on odd ocassions.

Sounds good Dominic, as I said earlier I have more time on my hands now so happy to help.
Drop me a PM and we can get things off the ground ready for next year.
I like your idea for 'Formula Thursdays', I think you're onto something here! I'll shoot you a PM and we can take it from there.

I'll add my two cents.

My idea:
Everyone can vote for their 10 least favorite tracks (90 degree curves city tracks ;)) and they will be thrown out. These will be replaced by former good tracks, for example Nürburgring, Hockenheim etc. This could then also be done by vote.

My vote goes to the year-round championship. No matter the car, you will choose something good. RSS has never disappointed me, to say the least.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea