AC Rookie Week GT4 @ Red Bull Ring - Sunday 4th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I tried to make the Maserati or Porsche work, and I have to say—good luck with your tires, guys. One would think that the ABS is supposed to make things quite a bit better, but it doesn't...

Seeing as the supplied setup for Ginettas has both TC and ABS turned on and the server doesn't forbid that, there'll probably be some of them having much less tire problems. But at least, thanks to the asymmetrical tire pressures, we can see them flail a bit when braking.

Personally I'm doing my own fiddling, as I'd guess the faster guys do too.

The readymade setups seem to put plenty of stake in tire pressures and some in the reduced wings. Camber, not so much.

Last edited:
As most of you know now, we have a seperate discord server for these rookie race. Hope you can all join us there. If anyone needs a link send me a message :thumbsup:

Race server #13 will launch now in a few minutes. It is a seperate server to the practice server.

So I borrowed the higher tire pressures from the suggested setup, and promptly started flailing under braking into Schlossgold, even without the asymmetry. Thought I would manage if I lower it back one psi.
I didn't manage.
Kept drifting left or right into various corners for the whole race. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͠°)
What even is this nonsense, why would this cause that.

P.S. Me and my back weren't ready for the absence of breaks between sessions.

P.P.S. I probably need to check what happens to the front toe with the higher pressure.

P.P.P.S. If anyone could share the full replay with me in the PMs, I'd be grateful. Would like to figure out what went down in that one corner. ( ‾͟ʖ‾)

Last edited:
That was a shock, expected the G55 to romp away with it all.:O_o:
Had a great race, all very easy and relaxed, I was under the illusion my place was safe, what a stupid thought that turned out to be.:confused:

Can never get my head around the F11 mirror, makes you think you are home and dry, with a large gap.:confused:

That Rotter Johanna's gave me so much grief, unfortunately I did not help myself by keeping it all controlled. But in the end he was the better man and I was a beaten man.
C69AC788-7EFA-498E-A9F5-688B48A14764.jpeg
Well done podiums, and to Robert who showed me around the track for most of the race, as much as he tried to give me his place, Robert ended up pulling comfortably away.
Good race Brian.:)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back