AC Rookie Week GT4 @ Red Bull Ring - Sunday 4th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Super racing last night. Thanks to everyone who took part. Great stuff from all the rookies who took part. Both myself and @HF2000 were blown away by both the numbers interested and the good standard of those who signed up this week.

Most sim racers never step up to race online in a club event like this, so if it was your first race of this nature, no matter how many laps you done, or where you finished, well done on just signing up.

It is a big achievement to just to finish one of these 50 minute - 1 hour races, complete your pitstop, not run out of fuel etc. First you must finish and you'll rarely be in last place if you do!

If you didn't manage that, or even just practiced but didn't join the race, it's all about learning and making small improvements every week. That process never stops and makes these events a rewarding journey to go on!

See you at the next one :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Simresults and replay :)

Settings/Assetto Corsa/miscellaneous

I think 16 Hz is as high as you can go to record a 1 hour race.

1670236109291.png

Last edited:
So I borrowed the higher tire pressures from the suggested setup, and promptly started flailing under braking into Schlossgold, even without the asymmetry. Thought I would manage if I lower it back one psi.
I didn't manage.
Kept drifting left or right into various corners for the whole race. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͠°)
What even is this nonsense, why would this cause that.

P.S. Me and my back weren't ready for the absence of breaks between sessions.

P.P.S. I probably need to check what happens to the front toe with the higher pressure.

P.P.P.S. If anyone could share the full replay with me in the PMs, I'd be grateful. Would like to figure out what went down in that one corner. ( ‾͟ʖ‾)

Could be brake bias too far rearward. A lift of the handbrake type effect.
Sometimes it's just that, or braking too late so you are trying to slow the car through the apex to make the corner. Or a combo of both.

Last edited:
After watching the story of how I'm minding my business, then get hit from the grass and discombobulated for a while—I sure hope the two lads don't do things like this on a highway.
Hi Roman,

The one bumping you from the grass was probably me. In turn 2 was it? I got bumped on the grass and then I didn't have any grip for braking.

Ah, indeed, the wheel action in the cockpit is different from what it looks like from the outside. I noticed that AC doesn't show some bumps in replays that happened in the race.

Anyway, don't mind it—I just joke because from the outside camera it looks like a couple of dubious decisions were made in the traffic.

@aasasd just out of interest, usually i learn a lot from watching others.
I looked at the replay from your perspective, and cannot comment on tyre pressures, that I cannot see.:O_o:
But will say as a "rule of thumb", all pressures should be equal as you cross start-finish line.
Apart from lots of niggling mistakes, I am exactly the same there too:redface:, but I did not generally have your problem, as I think you meant above.
You do not have much in the way of brake balance problems, the ABS is not that effective in these cars, so the occasional lock-ups are acceptable and yours were always front tyres.
I did notice that you drive the car harder towards the apex and out of the apex, you do a grand job of balancing the throttle but usually you are too eager and excessive with it when the car is still somewhat unstable.
I am assuming that this is what you are referring to above.
if I have not understood what you mean from your description above, then please help me with a better description of what you meant.:)

I did notice that you drive the car harder towards the apex and out of the apex, you do a grand job of balancing the throttle but usually you are too eager and excessive with it when the car is still somewhat unstable.
It's just that I was taking Schlossgold from the outside in just fine until I fiddled with the pressures, and then the car started drifting this way or that—mostly just going straight to the inside, 'cause at least I won't let it on the grass. My last-minute liberties with the wing exacerbated the problem, of course, but otherwise I'm still baffled as to why the pressures would lead to that, and I'm generally interested in the setup cause-and-effects.

Jerky throttle and brake inputs don't trouble me so much, because my gear is trash and my driving isn't gonna become any better soon. Though I'm gonna look into GamepadFX because it sounds like I might be able to whip up my dream mapping with that.

Last edited:
Fun racing :thumbsup:
Really like the GT4 cars. The fact that you can catch your slides or even slide it on purpose a little without spinning out "speaks" to me :p

Glad you liked T1 Chris, I didn't mean to chop the nose off of you and Tomasz, but your Porsche got off the line so fast, then next thing I knew we were 3 wide and all I could do was go :confused::laugh: Good racing from you both :thumbsup:. Your consistency had me having to really push it all race.

Seemed like there was some good racing going on all over and any cars I came across under blue flags drove it perfectly. Thanks for hosting Brian (and Han on Wednesday). Really enjoyed participating in these two rookie events this week. It's fun remembering your own start with this group and seeing others experiencing the same :)

Any idea why the replay loads at night for me? Can't see anything other than a few headlights.
Some people suggest jumping to the end of the replay and then jump back to the beginning. Alternatively, it could be something to do with CSP & SOL so you could disable CSP. If this works then you could switch it back on and systematically switch CSP features off to see which one is causing it. I find WeatherFX is my common cause of problems!

@aasasd
From what you say, i can only assume you have dissimilar pressures across the front two tyres.
When I arrive at that corner the front left and right have the same pressure, rears too.

You could post your setup and I or someone else could have a look.

PS.
from what you have just said, explains a lot,

Last edited:
From what you say, i can only assume you have dissimilar pressures across the front two tyres.
Could be, actually, because I tend to grill the FR in the two long and fast turns, Rauch and Würth. The same way I do it in ovals, to quite a bit of frustration. Coincidentally, this is where the Porsche and Maserati were noticeably worse for me: the G55 front temps were a lot lower.

Though idk if the unequal pressures keep through almost an entire lap, or perhaps it's actually the five right turns in sequence that cook the FL tire instead.

Last edited:
I did try loading the sol weather app on that replay but it said it wasn't supported on replays - well that one at least

The recent replay fix I made and forgot about... Tested turning the weather fx back to active and it(that same replay) becomes middle of the night again for me. I just have it off, along with a chunk of other stuff as you can see.
Maybe some tinkering with the weather fx settings within could fix it too, but i havn't tried anything.

1670275200772.png

Last edited:
I had a problem with CM or CSP, either not launching races or severely glitching, can't remember. Finally found a comment that a completely random and unrelated checkbox in the settings must be turned on even if the rest of the component is disabled, and that fixed things right up. Presumably the guy went through the hundreds of settings, bisecting them and checking the result until they isolated the one.

So yeah, it seems CSP might have some non-obvious internal interdependencies, and finding the right knob to fiddle can be difficult.

Last edited:
Running Weather FX active turns that replay into night for me too. I've tried switching various Weather FX option on/off and nothing fixes it - apart from just turning Weather FX off. Weather is a work in progress so maybe a future release will fix it?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%