Road Atlanta

Tracks Road Atlanta 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi @jim lloyd, the updates look fantastic but the starting lights seem to be permanently green during testing last night..? I had a few false starts before I realised..! Is a fix planned for this? Great track, great work - love it.

I noticed a few billboards are facing away from the normal track direction (as if they are set up for a reverse config). I guess this is true-to-life, and they are actually facing the grandstands or TV cameras?

That's awfully kind of you to try it. But perhaps you should save your money for something better?

I'm too nice. Save money on something already free would be making him pay me to try the track. I wouldn't have that.

In all seriousness, the track is very high quality, I just didn't stay with it because there are a few details that it lacks, with regards to the replay cameras. That, and I haven't really been playing much AC.

also the kerb positions and lenght and the right sand trap is not accurate for a "2017" update
and only on that section that I'm talking about. Didn't even bother to check the rest
https://www.google.com.uy/maps/plac...1f35!8m2!3d34.1522058!4d-83.8150731?hl=es-419
HowFlEK.jpg

'
JoYOrc6.jpg

I experience unstable fps on some parts of the track, i am able to maintain 230fps but it goes down to 120 fps 2-3 times a lap. Not sure why and how to fix that.

I think the main thing is that it's immediately familiar. Some of the curbs were exaggerated in AC and could really launch the car but not as much in real life. But I got there and was comfortable right away. The time in the video was the second fastest of all during the whole 14hr race and there's no way I would have been close to that without hundreds of laps in AC.

Wow , very cool ! I imagine curb heights and angles are impossible to get right without LS or at the least walking the track and doing measurements. LiDAR data is available for this track so hopefully at some point someone will scratch build Road Atlanta or at the least merge the LiDAR into sections of this track where the grading is off. Thanx for the info, great driving !

Have you driven the version in iR, its LASER scanned. I drive it quite often and amusingly the AC mod version seems quite close, so what you're saying makes perfect sense ! I've visited the track in real life for Petit LeMan races although I've never had the opportunity to drive it in a real car.

It's definitely a blast to drive. iR version is really good, but then I'm stuck with their cars and the closest thing to my hatchback civic is a rwd miata? So I'll take the small difference in AC since I can have essentially the same car and make any adjustments once I get to the track.

It's definitely a blast to drive. iR version is really good, but then I'm stuck with their cars and the closest thing to my hatchback civic is a rwd miata? So I'll take the small difference in AC since I can have essentially the same car and make any adjustments once I get to the track.

Can't argue with that ! Makes perfect sense! Far more options in AC for sure. I prefer driving the GT3 RS or Carrera S at RA and iR has nothing close to either of those cars. Although I do enjoy the Cadillac CTS V.

When traversing turn 12 I use a bit of brush braking to rotate the car, is this something you have to do you in your car on the real track ?

Can't argue with that ! Makes perfect sense! Far more options in AC for sure. I prefer driving the GT3 RS or Carrera S at RA and iR has nothing close to either of those cars. Although I do enjoy the Cadillac CTS V.

When traversing turn 12 I use a bit of brush braking to rotate the car, is this something you have to do you in your car on the real track ?

The circa 200hp civic isn't going fast enough down the hill to warrant any braking. Its usually flat through the corner and if there's traffic and you dont want to use all of the outside of the track, a gentle lift is all it takes .

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back