Tracks Road Atlanta 2022 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting a patch for those interested in testing night time performance. I revised all lights, performance should be much more stable. @bozwellox , wondering what FPS you can achieve with this new config.

Also baked new VAO files that cures the shadow issue over T10 tunnel. @Marcelo del la Fazio , have a look and see if all good now.

If nothing else is reported in the next day or so, I'll post a 1.1 update with these fixes and a couple of texture updates as well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VMWEXdAD1JFyTCtK9uWMl9OPYc6VUr7P/view?usp=sharing

Posting a patch for those interested in testing night time performance. I revised all lights, performance should be much more stable. @bozwellox , wondering what FPS you can achieve with this new config.

Also baked new VAO files that cures the shadow issue over T10 tunnel. @Marcelo del la Fazio , have a look and see if all good now.

If nothing else is reported in the next day or so, I'll post a 1.1 update with these fixes and a couple of texture updates as well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VMWEXdAD1JFyTCtK9uWMl9OPYc6VUr7P/view?usp=sharing
Much better, thank you! Getting a pretty solid 90FPS whilst hotlapping now in most cars, although it did drop a few FPS through the esses. Previously I was dropping down to the mid 60s on the final section after the chicane, heading up the hill down towards the start finish straight. Whatever you did, it seems to have made a big difference. Thanks!

I don’t suffer that extreme of a drop in frames, but could look into it. What other track do you have good performance at night with similar amount of lights?
Spa is the first that comes to mind. I can run a grid of 18 cars at night with only a little bit of stuttering at the start of the race. This is in VR on a Reverb G2 using a 3080 TI.

Spa is the first that comes to mind. I can run a grid of 18 cars at night with only a little bit of stuttering at the start of the race. This is in VR on a Reverb G2 using a 3080 TI.
Gotcha, but thats an unfair comparison though...

Spa is only heavily lit at the start/finish lines (F1 and GT), then after Eau Rouge, its very sparingly lit.

Road Atlanta has a lot more lights, generators placed along the track, etc for the Petit race, so it will use more computer resources to replicate this in game. I didnt even put as many as there actually are in real life.

But glad your frames are up!

Mega Job man! I went to Petite last year and your attention to detail is huge! only thing i could find thats missing is the bmw hospitality tent right after the bridge but you do have a tent set up there. Also lights are bang on and all the sign boards around the track really bring it up a notch as well. Also love the small detail of the Winners on the wall which is actually there IRL too and you nailed it!

Last edited:
Mega Job man! I went to Petite last year and your attention to detail is huge! only thing i could find thats missing is the bmw hospitality tent right after the bridge but you do have a tent set up there. Also lights are bang on and all the sign boards around the track really bring it up a notch as well. Also love the small detail of the Winners on the wall which is actually there IRL too and you nailed it!
Thanks, appreciate the feedback!
Yeah it was definitely a labor of love project :)

Hi John!
congratulations for making the best track in AC right now. I'm hooked. I have only one very small complaint: I exlusively drive vintage cars and some are prone to go wide on the last corner while racing. I gues it's because the grip is simply not there to drive this wide line. With modern cars it works fine. Could you maybe provide an extra AI line for vintage cars where they take the corner more on the inside. I tried it myself but you made such an perfect line on the rest of the track and I don't wanna mess that up ;)
Cheers

Hi John!
congratulations for making the best track in AC right now. I'm hooked. I have only one very small complaint: I exlusively drive vintage cars and some are prone to go wide on the last corner while racing. I gues it's because the grip is simply not there to drive this wide line. With modern cars it works fine. Could you maybe provide an extra AI line for vintage cars where they take the corner more on the inside. I tried it myself but you made such an perfect line on the rest of the track and I don't wanna mess that up ;)
Cheers
Hey, thanks for the nice words and feedback!

That last corner is indeed a problem for cars with lower front grip, a3dr and aphidgod Subaru does a hilarious off-road routine there :D

I’ll play around with an alternate ai hints file, all those cars really need is a touch on the brakes before turning in I think

Hey, thanks for the nice words and feedback!

That last corner is indeed a problem for cars with lower front grip, a3dr and aphidgod Subaru does a hilarious off-road routine there :D

I’ll play around with an alternate ai hints file, all those cars really need is a touch on the brakes before turning in I think
Cool Thanks

Johnr777 updated Road Atlanta 2022 with a new update entry:

A few bug fixes

Apologies, a couple of bugs had to be looked after and fixed:
- Improved night lighting, FPS boost!
- VAO issues fixed (breaking zone before turn 10)
- A couple of texture updates based on new Petit race footage.
- Short layouts - AI sidelines re-done.
- A few file tweaks and fixes here and there.

Added a text file with instructions on how to calibrate the AI with older / lower downforce cars - so they don't run wide at Turn 12.

Overwrite all files, or delete existing and install...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is going to be a weird praise but as someone that's been to many Petit LMs and hiked all over this place I can load up your track, go to free cam mode, and it feels just like I am back there again. Oh, it drives fantastic too! Perfection.

Any way I can remove specators from practice mode, too?

Anyone having issues with their low downforce AI cars running wide over the last corner, please try these. @Flual let me know how your AI does!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tDeLbfBQPZGoHGryeYkOHYieEqam5g1R/view?usp=sharing
IT's better now but some old powerful Porsches still going a little wide. I recorded an AI line myself and only way to prevent this is to let them clip the inside curb. I'm not good at recording lines so I'm going with your line since its much better and I don't care if some old911s and 935s go a little wide ;)

IT's better now but some old powerful Porsches still going a little wide. I recorded an AI line myself and only way to prevent this is to let them clip the inside curb. I'm not good at recording lines so I'm going with your line since its much better and I don't care if some old911s and 935s go a little wide ;)
Or just reduce the ai hint 1 further, to 1.5 or so

Hands-down my group's favorite track and generally what my server sits on 24x7 - can't believe the quality and genuinely appreciate the FPS fixes for us poor VR masochists (just verified them now - huge improvement). Cheers! --WastingAllTheThyme

Last edited:
I always install using drag and drop into CM without issues. In this case it installs all track mods except for the full track. Is this what you meant about CM may not install correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 9.6%