Tracks Road Atlanta 2022 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our league team confirmed, that this must be a track issue, as every other track had and has flag signal on the server. Maybe you can look into that again?
I just tried single player and blue flags work fine (yellows are pretty hard to test). There is also no reason why it wouldn't work based on a track's properties. There are no files that have any influence on this.

Decided to add the left pits configuration as well, 30 spots

Screenshot_ks_maserati_gt_mc_gt4_jr_road_atlanta_31-9-121-1-20-12.jpg

Screenshot_ks_bmw_m235i_racing_jr_road_atlanta_31-9-121-1-19-11.jpg

If there's already an update planned, I'd note one other thing if you haven't addressed it already... An astute observer on my stream noticed that some of the corner names from Mosport were appearing as I was going around the track. It's interesting to see how much reuse of prior work is possible in track modding! :D

(If this is the biggest nit we have to pick after the amount of time we've spent on this track, you know it's great.) :D

If there's already an update planned, I'd note one other thing if you haven't addressed it already... An astute observer on my stream noticed that some of the corner names from Mosport were appearing as I was going around the track. It's interesting to see how much reuse of prior work is possible in track modding! :D

(If this is the biggest nit we have to pick after the amount of time we've spent on this track, you know it's great.) :D
Ooops, yeah, we usually copy and paste the data files from previous projects and replace as we go lol

Good catch!

@USF1Fan

Your issue with slow cars and constant tire smoke is a weird one. Can you rename the extension folder to something else, this will disable the CSP configuration file I built for it and run "vanilla". This might tell us if theres an app conflict.

Thanks

Thank you for your quick response. I removed the track and re-installed. Same problem. After further testing, it really boiled down to car count. If I had a full set of opponents, my CPU was at 99% and cars would smoke and go super slow. If I half that number to say 20 cars, no problem. I guess my computer can't handle that many cars on this track. Not been an issue with this same carset on other tracks, but perhaps the quality of your latest Road Atlanta was too much for my rig. Problem solved though sothank you again for the response and the contribution to the sim racing community.

Tip for John: break up the physical objects into smaller chunks. Walls and roads. I think Kunos uses about 100-200 m worth of track per object. This track has about 1/3th of the total length of road as one object, and the entire wall as one object.
This reduces the amount of vertices each AI car has to "read" and improves performance (sometimes drastically).

This was a pretty common issue 'back in the days' with a lot of mod tracks that had 99% CPU warnings.

Last edited:
Tip for John: break up the physical objects into smaller chunks. Walls and roads. I think Kunos uses about 100-200 m worth of track per object. This track has about 1/3th of the total length of road as one object, and the entire wall as one object.
This reduces the amount of vertices each AI car has to "read" and improves performance (sometimes drastically).

This was a pretty common issue 'back in the days' with a lot of mod tracks that had 99% CPU warnings.
That’s interesting, thanks for the tip!

currently I’m finalizing the physical mesh, once that’s done, I’ll split everything into smaller chunks

@Johnr777 we did a multi class race here last night. A number of had major fps when the track lights came out. There was a large dip in fps. Almost half in some cases. The worst section was cresting the Fox bridge and coming down into the last turn through S/F. In the daytime there’s no such issues but as soon it was dusk and into the night, that area was quite problematic. This impacted both vr and flat screen users. CSP 1.75 and latest SoL. If you have any suggestions happy to try them out.

@Johnr777 we did a multi class race here last night. A number of had major fps when the track lights came out. There was a large dip in fps. Almost half in some cases. The worst section was cresting the Fox bridge and coming down into the last turn through S/F. In the daytime there’s no such issues but as soon it was dusk and into the night, that area was quite problematic. This impacted both vr and flat screen users. CSP 1.75 and latest SoL. If you have any suggestions happy to try them out.
Unfortunately night lighting costs FPS. There's very little I can do there... other than to remove lights and have people race in the dark.

Unfortunately night lighting costs FPS. There's very little I can do there... other than to remove lights and have people race in the dark.

I've done a lot of Multi class races with Day/Night cycles at various track. This one certainly has the biggest hit in FPS. Was just sharing feedback...

Really really love this track! I have to echo what others have said, though - the corner names are from Mosport. Has anyone got an updated sections.ini file to address this issue?

If it’s that critical apparently, I’ll upload the fixed section file later today
Let them open it with notepad and fix it themselves.

I'm sorry if I came across as complaining. And I certainly didn't expect Johnr777 to jump up and fix it. I would gladly edit it myself, I just thought I'd ask if someone else had already done so to save myself some work.

Not trying to be a jerk here, at all. I'm so sorry if that's how I came across.

I'm sorry if I came across as complaining. And I certainly didn't expect Johnr777 to jump up and fix it. I would gladly edit it myself, I just thought I'd ask if someone else had already done so to save myself some work.

Not trying to be a jerk here, at all. I'm so sorry if that's how I came across.
No worries, file will be up later tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Trophies