Tracks Road Atlanta 2022 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnr777 submitted a new resource:

Road Atlanta 2021 - Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta - LiDAR

MANUAL install instructions:
  • Unzip downloaded file, then place jr_road_atlanta in your track folder. That's it!

WARNING
There are some issues with various 3rd party apps in AC that may cause this track to crash due to the custom animations in place. You might have to disable all your apps and turn them on one by one until you find the one causing the crash...

Read more about this resource...

Those crashes from animations may be fine with this option on
1629023518711.png

very much Speculation:
more than one animation in ...ksanim file can be the problem
or Stereos anim Blender export addon, but iirc you are using 3dsmax?

I drove quite a lot at Jim Lloyds Road Atlanta, had to relearn most of the corners. Thanks for bringing tracks so important in the real world to AC! I might try to make skins with 2017 and 2018 kerbs and maybe sponsorships in the coming weeks if I won't be too lazy to get dds files working on my photoshop.

Those crashes from animations may be fine with this option on
View attachment 495791

very much Speculation:
more than one animation in ...ksanim file can be the problem
or Stereos anim Blender export addon, but iirc you are using 3dsmax?
The crashes were more common back when I first introduced animations to Road America, so that disclaimer i put in the description is a “just in case”, lol

But I think all these apps causing conflicts got updates, as well as CSP bug fixing might have cured all that.

and yup, 3ds max for keyframe animations

by heavy in the frames I mean my average FPS is a bit lower compared to that other version, but its not really a big deal for sucha great track, my new favorite.

by heavy in the frames I mean my average FPS is a bit lower compared to that other version, but its not really a big deal for sucha great track, my new favorite.
The other version is a 14 year old RFactor 1 mesh, with lower resolution textures and very simple shaders. Mine is built to today’s standards, accurate and much better looking. Yes FPS is lower, but it’s close to Kunos’ averages. Sad to see you rated it lower due to that reason, but hey, you enjoy it and happy to hear it’s a favorite :thumbsup:

Continuing on discussion about 10B exit curbing being washboard instead of smooth...I've been on those curbs numerous times, they are most definitely rough (and there is a small culvert just beyond the curbs, ask me how I know).

LMP cars may not really feel them as much because modern race car suspension is so good.

Outside curbing between 11 and 12 currently is washboard style in your map, if the same was replicated for outside of 10B it would suffice.

I will be at the track this weekend, I can snap some photos for verification (and anything else you'd like me to check on).

Continuing on discussion about 10B exit curbing being washboard instead of smooth...I've been on those curbs numerous times, they are most definitely rough (and there is a small culvert just beyond the curbs, ask me how I know).

LMP cars may not really feel them as much because modern race car suspension is so good.

Outside curbing between 11 and 12 currently is washboard style in your map, if the same was replicated for outside of 10B it would suffice.

I will be at the track this weekend, I can snap some photos for verification (and anything else you'd like me to check on).
Interesting, but like I mentioned earlier, physical curb for 10B was done that way to please my LMP2 contacts. I'll make it its own entry in the surfaces.ini file so you could tweak its artificial roughness. Won't be online compatible but it could sorta simulate what you need with your car?

If you feel like taking a few shots:

- There's a cell tower visible further out on the outside of T1, I cant get a streetview reference down that street, and too far from onboard videos, maybe you could stop by on your in or out of the track of the track for a couple of reference shots?

- If you are on the left pitlane... pictures of the advertisement boards on the paddock wall.

Interesting, but like I mentioned earlier, physical curb for 10B was done that way to please my LMP2 contacts. I'll make it its own entry in the surfaces.ini file so you could tweak its artificial roughness. Won't be online compatible but it could sorta simulate what you need with your car?

If you feel like taking a few shots:

- There's a cell tower visible further out on the outside of T1, I cant get a streetview reference down that street, and too far from onboard videos, maybe you could stop by on your in or out of the track of the track for a couple of reference shots?

- If you are on the left pitlane... pictures of the advertisement boards on the paddock wall.

Screenshot 2021-08-24 104012.jpg

Outside of 10B curbing...

Will grab those pictures for you this weekend.

I beleieve it is a case of AC curb of death issue. The LMP2 driver said the curb could be used without risk. Well if you make it exactly like the real curb in AC the curb then becomes dangerous to use. So in this case it becomes a compromise. If you want to have it be usable in AC it needs to be a bit smoother than the real thing.

Last edited:
Loving this version! super well done, the track is beautiful and feels great. I don't know if you've ever seen it, but the original track didn't have a chicane at turn 10, would be cool to see that layout as an option.

Hey, first of all, awesome work!
We are set to have a league event on the track on wednesday. While doing the practice sessions, we experienced that there are no flag signals shown by AC (the ones in the top left corner). This might be extra tricky with the blind bends and crests. Did you here about this topic before? Is there a "quick" solution?

Thanks in advance
Sebastian

Hey, first of all, awesome work!
We are set to have a league event on the track on wednesday. While doing the practice sessions, we experienced that there are no flag signals shown by AC (the ones in the top left corner). This might be extra tricky with the blind bends and crests. Did you here about this topic before? Is there a "quick" solution?

Thanks in advance
Sebastian
Pretty sure flags in AC only work in RACE mode, did you try that?

Hi John. Raced the mod yesterday and i found it really nice! Thank you for your work!
Just want to note that i was racing the Porsche GT4 and in the 1st pit box the default setup was bottoming out. Later i got in a different pit slot and i didnt have the same issue, so maybe there is a bump there that messes with the setup?! This kinda sucks because you cant do practice or qualify with certain values on that pitbox.
Again thank for your effort!

Hi John. Raced the mod yesterday and i found it really nice! Thank you for your work!
Just want to note that i was racing the Porsche GT4 and in the 1st pit box the default setup was bottoming out. Later i got in a different pit slot and i didnt have the same issue, so maybe there is a bump there that messes with the setup?! This kinda sucks because you cant do practice or qualify with certain values on that pitbox.
Again thank for your effort!
Thanks!

Regarding your issue.. dont think its track related. Works fine for all other cars. And digging into it, seems the car has some collider issues as well.

Pretty sure flags in AC only work in RACE mode, did you try that?
Well we had our race last week, and after getting confused by your reply, I wanted to wait until the race happened: there were no flag signals. They are supposed to be there in practice sessions, as well as races and Quali sessions. Our league team confirmed, that this must be a track issue, as every other track had and has flag signal on the server. Maybe you can look into that again?
Otherwise, a really nice piece of mod track, we had awesome fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back