Road America

Tracks Road America 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
LilSki submitted a new resource:

Road America - Road Racing at its Best

View attachment 369277

About
Back in October 2018 this project started as a test track for the IER P13c and was technically supposed to just be a quick track project that was accurate but nothing special to look at. Once I started to drive it I knew it had to see it become a completed circuit.

This track is also the first joint project I have ever done with @Johnr777...

Read more about this resource...

giphy.gif

Were you guys involved in the other Road America track: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/road-america.7095/ ? Liski and Lilski seems too much of a coincidence. In case of: why a new track?
This one seems to have much more open space and scenery. Other has more trees and bushes. I've never been at this track IRL so I can only rely on YT videos but this one seems more real life.
The big difference between these two mods is that one is a conversion from Rfactor and inaccurate, and the other is scratch made and highly accurate. It's not even close to the same.

Just installed it - both via CM and then cut and paste method after extracting from .rar file - I'm getting the Race Cancelled error via CM every time I go to play. Doesn't matter the car, it loads right up to the point where I'd normally see the car sitting in the pit but instead it goes back to CM and says Race Cancelled. Also tried loading another track and it worked fine, so it has to be an issue with this Road America? Anyone else experience this?

Fantastic track.
If you want to update the flags to use the new dynamic CSP flag animations and be affected by wind speed and direction (they currently use the canned Kunos original), just add this to the end of the ext_config.ini in the track's 'extension' folder:

Code:
[BASIC]
SUPPORTS_WIND = 1

[WIND]
;IGNORE =
DYNAMIC_FLAGS = AUTO

eg northerly wind, 30km/h
Screenshot_eatc_bmw_220i_lilski_road_america_4-5-120-12-25-14.jpg

eg southerly wind, 5km/h
Screenshot_eatc_bmw_220i_lilski_road_america_4-5-120-12-33-12.jpg

(thanks to @Sliderman for the config)

All as per:

Just installed it - both via CM and then cut and paste method after extracting from .rar file - I'm getting the Race Cancelled error via CM every time I go to play. Doesn't matter the car, it loads right up to the point where I'd normally see the car sitting in the pit but instead it goes back to CM and says Race Cancelled. Also tried loading another track and it worked fine, so it has to be an issue with this Road America? Anyone else experience this?
Try going into the data folder of the track and remove the side_r and side_l files and try it. If that doesn't fix it try renaming the ai folder and try again. I think it's either of those causing this apparently rare issue.

Were you guys involved in the other Road America track: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/road-america.7095/ ? Liski and Lilski seems too much of a coincidence. In case of: why a new track?
This one seems to have much more open space and scenery. Other has more trees and bushes. I've never been at this track IRL so I can only rely on YT videos but this one seems more real life.
They other track is a conversion from NFS shift and is 10 feet too wide all around and just overall super inaccurate. I'm only in the credits because I made a high res mesh for it years ago to fix the dreaded "staircase" effect. This new one should supercede that old one in every way possible.

Fantastic track.
If you want to update the flags to use the new dynamic CSP flag animations and be affected by wind speed and direction (they currently use the canned Kunos original), just add this to the end of the ext_config.ini in the track's 'extension' folder:

Code:
[BASIC]
SUPPORTS_WIND = 1

[WIND]
;IGNORE =
DYNAMIC_FLAGS = AUTO

eg northerly wind, 30km/h
View attachment 369357

eg southerly wind, 5km/h
View attachment 369358

(thanks to @Sliderman for the config)

All as per:
You know I think this was in our config file early on and got lost. We will add it in.

By any chance do you have BLM Lights app installed? I get the same error with it enabled. Removing the files suggested by @LilSki didn't work. Disabling the app fixes it for me. Blamer (developer) is going to look into it later on, for anyone else who may be having this issue. Unless there's something you can look at in the meantime @LilSki ?

By any chance do you have BLM Lights app installed? I get the same error with it enabled. Removing the files suggested by @LilSki didn't work. Disabling the app fixes it for me. Blamer (developer) is going to look into it later on, for anyone else who may be having this issue. Unless there's something you can look at in the meantime @LilSki ?
Currently no I don't have that app active. I'll look into it thanks.

bike layout just adds a chicane after the Carrousel, right? is the only thing missing on that race track, some sort of chicanes, like in Monza but other than that is a great track, super fast, looks rather simple but it has some corners that will play some tricks on you :D

Yeah we weren't sure we would include the bike layout at all since it kind of kills one of the best corners on the course. But the model is setup for it and we might include it in the 1.0 release if there is interest.

Yeah we weren't sure we would include the bike layout at all since it kind of kills one of the best corners on the course. But the model is setup for it and we might include it in the 1.0 release if there is interest.
The more the merrier. ;) Would also rock for slower cars.

bike layout just adds a chicane after the Carrousel, right? is the only thing missing on that race track, some sort of chicanes, like in Monza but other than that is a great track, super fast, looks rather simple but it has some corners that will play some tricks on you :D
Yeah, I can see the added benefit for motorcycle racing, but I for one love the "lets try the Kink flat out and not die" thing lol

• Deleted member 223075

@LilSki I think is better to concentrate to adding light/night light (and 3d grass and other things) instead of adding new layout.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back