rFactor 2 Wishlist

Get rid of the money thing!!!

Dynamic Scenery ie:
- grass moves as cars pass by
- trees blow in the wind

Much better lighting & shadows.

Dynamic weather ie:
- Rains half way through a race & you have to dash in to put on wets.

• Josh Healy

Keep the money for those of us who want it.....it can be usefull for creating a carrear mode like that found in RD3, only more detailed.
There is a cheat for rF1 which gives you alot of money and unlocks everything....it isn't hard to use that.

Also many mods in the Original rF already have every car price at either 1 or -1

I'd like to get rid of the need to earn experience points to drive some cars as well as money unless it's a career mode of some kind. (Like a simlulator, you know :p).

I'd also like to see some classic racing cars. Especially cars that competed in the Mille Miglia in the 30's, 40's and 50's.

Rf1 is fine as it is.

But you cant shy away from the lack of weather. Wind and Rain should be dynamic. Marble buildup and the racing line gets grippier the longer a race goes on and after rain dries up the track has to bed in again.

Improved night lighting. Unless its my Rig the light from other cars saturates the car in front. Doesnt look good IMO.

I`m easy. and ISI dont make a habbit of dissapointing us. (have they ever?)

• Kyle Evers

Very good lighting and good textures on not just the track but beyond.

Though I must admit I am quite impressed what rFactor looks like a maxed out settings. Completely maxed out. Thankfully my new 4850HD can run that with 80-190FPS :D.

PHYSICS....
Let me elaborate a bit.:silly:
One thing about rfactor physics really bothers me. When I was a kid I use to drive my dads 69 VW bus at 70 mph, and yank the Ebrake all the way in. The result was lots of smoke, lots of noise, and lots of head turning, great stuff for youngsters who like attention. The end result was coming to a stop straight and controlled (mind you I was a 17 year old with only a few years of driving experience, and able to keep the car straight). Today I got in my 2004 Jeep Rubicon, took it up to 40, and did the same... no problem controlling it to a stop.(never mind the flat spots in the tires, I just use it for rock crawling anyway).
My point is, this is impossible in rfactor.... I have yet to find a mod (any mod), even default cars that will simulate this.In fact I have yet to find ANY race sim/car sim that simulates this.
Try it yourself, grab any car in the sim (preferably one that has an ebrake) drive at any speed over 10-15 mph, apply the handbrake and I guarantee the rear end of the car will be facing forward. PLEASE fix this for rfactor2, a sim is suppose to simulate.:th_wink:
EDIT: Although shifting a car without the clutch in real life is easy, it would be nice if it weren't as easy as it is in rfactor. A little gear grinding.. or delay or something if no clutch is used. (
For those who like realism, and have 3 pedals)

• Kyle Evers

EDIT: Although shifting a car without the clutch in real life is easy, it would be nice if it weren't as easy as it is in rfactor. A little gear grinding.. or delay or something if no clutch is used. (For those who like realism, and have 3 pedals)

Actually you have do not have auto-clutch on and you shift without the clutch, there is a delay.

Actually you have do not have auto-clutch on and you shift without the clutch, there is a delay.
OK .. let me elaborate a bit more. Lets say I am hosting a race that does not have any aids on (auto clutch etc..) I am using a H shifter and clutch.
Anyone can enter my race without a clutch (2 pedals only), they can drive and race without any difficulty. In fact they are at an advantage now. While I am using heel toe and blipping throttle on downshifts, they have one foot on brake, one foot on gas.<much quicker and easier. Also... there is no delay for not using clutch, it takes the same amount of time as it goes to Neutral before it goes to the next gear..even if they use button/paddle shift.

• Kyle Evers

OK .. let me elaborate a bit more. Lets say I am hosting a race that does not have any aids on (auto clutch etc..) I am using a H shifter and clutch.
Anyone can enter my race without a clutch (2 pedals only), they can drive and race without any difficulty. In fact they are at an advantage now. While I am using heel toe and blipping throttle on downshifts, they have one foot on brake, one foot on gas.<much quicker and easier. Also... there is no delay for not using clutch, it takes the same amount of time as it goes to Neutral before it goes to the next gear..even if they use button/paddle shift.

I must be thinking of GTR Evo then. Because I know one of the two games has it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back