rFactor 2 Wishlist

Not going to sift through, so apologies if some of this is repeated.

1) A way to force correct use of clutch for people with manual shifters such as Logitech. For example, if player shifts without clutch the box remains in neutral and some damage factor is applied to the box - continued repetition would result in failure of the component in question.

2) Other suspension types modelled - mcpherson strut, torsion bar rear, etc - so you can accurately model a car without having to tweak around with the standard setup to make it 'feel' like the real thing. If the modelling is that accurate that it would work?

3) Support for point-to-point events like sprints/rally stages. May be better to leave this to a 'proper' rally simulation game (I've got oh so many ideas around this it would warrant a complete game!)....!

• Robert Lubecker

Standardize Mod Formats

1. Force mod submitters to all use the same format for loading their mod into rFactor 2 (1), weather that be a self executed type download or type that you have to place in the various files.

2. Force all self executable mods to have a uninstall feature.

3. Get rid of the bugs that make rFactor 1 a pain to maintain.

4. Make the game usable without having the game disk in the drive.

Can you tell I have had problems downloading mods and keeping rFactor up and running.

• Brugunder

1. Better physics
2. Better physics
3. Better physics
4. Fix the H-shifter problem
5. Dynamic wheather
6. Allow more realism to be added like the forcing of clutch etc.

No need to add better gfx if you ask me, and there's no need for surround sound either.

• Kyle Evers

No need to add better gfx if you ask me, and there's no need for surround sound either.

Well some of the mods have good graphics and so do some of the tracks (like the Nordschliefe variations released with VLN 2005). But the standard rFactor cars and tracks are kind of iffy.

My graphics card runs rF1 up to 270FPS with max settings. I'm hoping they can really put in some good graphics. From what I can tell so far, the graphics are quite nice. And hopefully it will be more optimized than GTR Evolution :thinking:

• Kyle Evers

One thing I just remembered...

A better lobby. Could ramble on, but your time's sake I'll keep it short. They need to make it so ALL of the servers show up so I don't spend 30 minutes trying to find the F1 server :(.

• Josh Healy

It might be a bit of trouble, but I was thinking of something with the graphics. As alot of people don't have high end PC's, Is it possible for a Low Spec option, which sets some options to improve FPS but keep some of the graphics high aswell.
So you can have good enough looking cars and tracks, but without the special lighting, Fog, distance, speed effects that will lower FPS.

I am currently using a Laptop...much like alot of others, and it would be nice to have good basic graphics, and still have high FPS.

So you can have good enough looking cars and tracks, but without the special lighting, Fog, distance, speed effects that will lower FPS.

I suspect it will be same as rFactor, the different DX levels with have different shader settings. So your DX9 will have the FOG, animations etc, but in say DX8 theres less reflection maps, shadows etc.

One hard thing was they said track grip could vary on shadows etc, but if you run low shadows, could this be an advantage?

• Deadraque

What I would love to see and what can change everytime we race is Real Time weather for all racetracks, even if we mod we should then be able to say what town it is so the system can track the weather there before loading the track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back