rfactor 2 - new purchaser

Need some advice please how to get an issue resolved. I bought the Moyoda car awhile back. I got an email a day or so ago about an update to the car with a download button. Download worked just fine and I put the rfmcp file in packages. Started the game and clicked install. The result was a yellow arrow indicating it is "not fully installed". Should I have put the update some where else in the game? I do not know how to clean this up.

I did send an email to the maker of the file but no response yet.

Any suggestions most welcome and thanks in advance.

Start rFactor2

At the top of the page you should have a message in white " 1 pending update"
Click on it
Click Finish pending update

Or you can open mod manager right click on the Moyoda and click update.

Hi Durge Driven...thanks for responding!

I did as instructed in your note but end up with the same result as shown below.

Further, when I click the 1 Pending Update and Finish pending updates buttons, same result in the pic. A window comes up saying "Updating moyoda v1.48" but ends with the pic.

I have confirmed that both rfmcp files are in packages if that is relevant.

The maker was kind enough to suggest removing the old one and going with only v1.48 but after clicking the install buttons, same result.

Any ideas are most welcome and thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1886 (1).jpg
    IMG_1886 (1).jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 32
I can't help as for some reason I never get updates notifications from URD, must have left something unticked.

All I can add is atm I have ASMG URD Moyoda GR010 LMH v1.31.
Do you have that version installed ?

urd mod manager.jpg

Thanks. I sure do. This is very curious. I like URD a lot. I like their stuff a lot and have never had a problem till now. Really at a loss here, and I dont want to give the wrong impression. about URD. No one else seems to have this issue.

Attachments

• IMG_1887.jpg
    IMG_1887.jpg
    808.1 KB · Views: 32
Sent email to URD for all updates so I guess I see soon enough.

The only other thing I can think to try is uninstalling v1.31 then check the installed folder and make sure it is gone. Sometimes 3rd party skins or packs can leave behind folders.
STEAM\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles\ASMG URD Moyoda GR010 LMH

Another cause, if you had any rfmods activated that contain the Moyoda then it can't be removed.

Last edited:
Thanks Mr. Driven. I uninstalled the vehicle in the game and there was, as you predicted, a folder left behind in the location you mentioned. I deleted it. I dont have any mods that included the moyoda. Of course, the moyoda rfcmp files are on a flash drive I forgot to take home. Give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks!

Thanks for all the guidance! Deleting the folder left behind and just installing the new update worked.

So, for cars like this - my fav vehicle type to race - is there a way to adjust the mirrors? I drive in the cock pit view. I searched here and found something about control + arrow keys but nothing changed. I also found something here about moving the seat position to the left or the right using "shift + buttons" but nothing happened as well. In the game, I found only the mirror on or off option.

Thanks in advance for any tips on this.

Thanks for all the guidance! Deleting the folder left behind and just installing the new update worked.

So, for cars like this - my fav vehicle type to race - is there a way to adjust the mirrors? I drive in the cock pit view. I searched here and found something about control + arrow keys but nothing changed. I also found something here about moving the seat position to the left or the right using "shift + buttons" but nothing happened as well. In the game, I found only the mirror on or off option.

Thanks in advance for any tips on this.

Substitute arrows for your seat up/down/forward/back

So

Fore = Forward = SEAT FORWARD not arrow forward (Up)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adjusting Mirrors
* = the text that appears in the rF2 message box.

• ALL MIRRORS, REAL AND VIRTUAL

* Mirror Position: 0 / 0
Shift + Fore = move mirrors left
Shift + Aft = move mirrors right
Shift + Up = move mirrors up
Shift + Down = move mirrors down

* Mirror Size: 0
Ctrl+Shift + Up = zoom out
Ctrl+Shift + Down = zoom in

• LEFT DOOR MIRROR

* Left Mirror Params: 0 / 0
Ctrl + Fore = move mirror outwards
Ctrl + Aft = move mirror inwards
Ctrl + Up = zoom out
Ctrl + Down = zoom in

• RIGHT DOOR MIRROR

* Right Mirror Params: 0 / 0
Left Alt + Fore = move mirror inwards
Left Alt + Aft = move mirror outwards
Left Alt + Up = zoom out
Left Alt + Down = zoom in

• REAR VIEW MIRROR / MONITOR

* Center Mirror Params: 0 / 0
Ctrl + Left Alt + Fore = move mirror left
Ctrl + Left Alt + Aft = move mirror right
Ctrl + Left Alt + Up = zoom out
Ctrl + Left Alt + Down = zoom in

• REAR VIEW MIRROR / MONITOR PHYSICAL POSITION

* Mirror Physical Pos: 0 / 0
Shift + Left Alt + Fore = move mirror right
Shift + Left Alt + Aft = move mirror left
Shift + Left Alt + Up = move mirror up
Shift + Left Alt + Down = move mirror down

Extra Options in the player.json.

"Rearview Independent":false,
"Rearview Independent#":"Whether width (horizontal FOV) can be controlled independently of height (vertical FOV)",

Unless you really want or have to change this I would leave it alone.

"Moving Rearview":3,
"Moving Rearview#":"Whether mirrors respond to head movement in cockpit (0=none, 1=position-only, 2=FOVonly, 3=both) - add 4 if you want to IGNORE head-tracking movement",

If you set it to 0, the image in the mirrors doesn't move when you move the seat but you lose the ability to move all mirrors together: shift+seat doesn't work.

"User Vehicle Data":true,
"User Vehicle Data#":"0=save with user mod data (in CCH files), 1=save separately (in all_vehicles.ini)",

The all_vehicles.ini is where every vehicle installed has their FOV, seat, mirrors, FFB multiplier and installed upgrades data stored. All the things you don't want to setup every time you load that car.
The mod data CCH file has data more related to career stats.
So make sure User Vehicle Data is set to “true”. Yes I know it says to use “1”, you can put 1, it just gets changed to true.

"Rearview Cull":false,
"Rearview Cull#":"Whether to cull objects in the rearview based on visgroups in the SCN file",

"Rearview_Back_Clip":0.0,
"Rearview_Back_Clip#":"Back plane distance for mirror (0.0 = use default for scene)",

If what you see in the mirrors seems to be sparse and objects suddenly appear and disappear then the two settings above should help you.
First off, we don't want to be culling objects so make sure you have “false” for the rear view cull.
The back clip is the distance in metres that can be seen in the mirrors. I have mine set to :1000,
So that is 1 kilometre, which looks so much better than the default and isn't a big fps hit, at least with me.

*** THE BIG ONE HERE IS #4 Set 1000 and you will see everything behind you
and it won't pop out.

*** ANOTHER TIP: Sometimes the left side keys Shift/Ctrl/Alt may not work.
Not all the time, maybe down to the type of keyboard.
Use the right side instead.

PLEASE ! Copy and paste this and save text as "MIRROR ADJUSTMENT" :x3::p

Last edited:
Thanks Mr. Driven:

I am confused; what am I mapping to my keyboard? I understand the "shift" and "Ctrl" keys but I am not following what they go with.

My C key is set to seat fore, X is set to seat aft, Q is set to seat up and Z is set to seat down.

Sorry for being a bonehead but I am lost. My mirrors as currently set by the game iteself or whatever sets them are pretty much aimed up. Sorry for taxing your patience.

Thanks in advance.

Tears out what is left of hair.... lol

Do you use aids ?
If you don't use aids clear all the F1 - F12 you don't use and save it.
Maybe you want to keep a few now put them all together
Like auto gears and damage put F11 and F12
NOW that gives you F1 -F10 FREE

SET SEAT to F1 F2 F3 F4 so F1 UP /F2 DOWN /F3 FORWARD /F4 BACK
...this is because they are easy to find without looking if you want to adjust on the fly.
SET FOV to F5-F6
SET HEAD TILT to F7-F8

So SHIFT + F1 will become mirror up SHIFT + F2 will become mirror down and so on.....

Shift + Ctrl or + Alt
When you have to use 2 of those press them at the same time, hold them then press the 3rd key
If 2 keys don't work on left side try the right side keys.

HTF could you drive all this time without mirrors set properly ?

You must do this every car same as the FFB and other settings
If you read info properly you will see ............

"User Vehicle Data":true,
"User Vehicle Data#":"0=save with user mod data (in CCH files), 1=save separately (in all_vehicles.ini)",

The all_vehicles.ini is where every vehicle installed has their FOV, seat, mirrors, FFB multiplier and installed upgrades data stored. All the things you don't want to setup every time you load that car.

rF2 gives you the option to set all this and more by every car so you never have to bother again, take the time to set up rF2 properly and it will reward you in the long run.

Last edited:
@Durge Driven, I am sorry for being brain dead. No, no aids at all.

I think I understand now. I did print out this entire thread too because of all the kindness you and the other respondents have shown but also because of the usefulness of the info. I can never understand why some sim makers dont put together a pdf of some of these elemental topics....it's like some big mystery; for example, "Buying this sim means you get the executable and you have to build it out with cars and tracks". How hard can that be for genius level coders? Would cut down on a lot of dumb a_ _ questions like mine and not take up valuable space here.

Thanks!

P.S. Apologies for the hair loss.

P.P.S I relied on my hearing for other cars approaching from behind and made an educated guess whether to contest the position or move out of the way. Now that I've been getting acclimated to the sim and raising the AI skill and aggression, the hearing isnt as effective and hence the need for a functioning mirror(s).

Last edited:
You need to also make proper multiple controllers profiles.

Pick a stock controller profiler you want to use and save another copy by car or series.
Now you make all key changes needed and save it again.

For example when you drive Historic you don't want keys for Pit Limiter along with most of the other keys, 95% are for modern cars, leaving all keys to all cars is not the way to go about it.

This will also free up many keys to better use.

Personally the key layouts for sims made no sense to me every since first gmotor sim ( SCGT)
So set everything specifically for you. ;)

NEVER TOUCH THE STOCK PROFILES !!! IF YOU HAVE DELETE THEM ALL.
START STEAM AND RUN FILE VERIFICATION IT WILL DOWNLOAD THEM ALL AGAIN.
SAVE HAVING TO DO THIS AGAIN ...COPY YOUR USERDATA FOLDER TO SIM PATCHES SO YOU HAVE FRESH COPY OF CONTROLLER PROFILES WITHOUT HAVING TO RUN STEAM.

Last edited:
So just to be 100% clear lol

1. Pick the controller matches your wheel and load it
2. Click SAVE and save it as another name ( THIS WONT CHANGE ANYTHING)
So Logitech Driving Force GT save as GT3 for example
3. LOAD the new GT3 profile
4.NOW do all your key changes set your FFB ..everything 100% correct.
5.RESAVE the profile

So means Logitech Driving Force GT has not been changed in anyway.

Next Car / serie ....

1. YES :) first load Logitech Driving Force GT Yes again
2. SAVE as OPEN WHEEL HISTORIC
3. LOAD the new OPEN WHEEL HISTORIC profile.
4. ASSIGN everything adjust FFB ..Delete any keys make no sense for that car what's the point of having other keys you can accidently press ? ;)
5. RESAVE the new profile

repeat and rinse next car/series
Worth spending all day doing this

Think all the people go on steam reviews and say it does not work after 8 hours playtime :rolleyes: all they been doing is swapping settings and cars non stop and nothing gets saved.

ALWAYS DO ALL THIS OFFLINE
IF YOU CHANGE ANYTHING ONLINE IT WILL NOT TAKE

Last edited:
There can be multiple problems with hearing other cars because not all cars have the new audio.
Try playing with the sliders in audio turn your car right down and turn opponents up
Does not work every car the same.
If you have drama I think you can still go back to a old build with the old audio.
Not sure if that is still the case

Thanks! Understood about the scope of your answers and advice: the more folks that see it, the better. I dont get a thrill out of publicly writing dumb questions but they might help someone else too.

I'd read it....kinda have one going here. :)

Another thing rF2 will do is save all AI settings by rfmod which is another good reason to use them. So when you swap series (rfmod) from say GT3 to Historic F3 it will change AI strength, aggression and AI limiter ( among other things) to what you had them set before. Oh ! lol

P.S. All cars and tracks uses the settings from the last sessions, so you forever fiddling about. :coffee:

Last edited:
I have a few cars and tracks in the "packages" folder which are installed in the game and running fine. Is it a good practice to empty the packages folder of stuff already installed or should the folder just be left alone? Thanks!

So how do I do the following. If I get a new computer, how do I go about transferring Steam/rFactor2 onto the new computer?

Thanks again for all the help. Been running races against the AI (much better with the last update!)
in the MAK-CORP mod in storms and it has been a blast. Really great weather effects in rF2; I thought GTR2 had the best weather.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.