rF2: Nürburgring Nordschleife Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Nords Released.jpg

Teasing time now over and done - the epic Nurburgring Nordschleife for rFactor 2 is finally here.

Available now via the rFactor 2 Steam Store, the new laserscanned circuit comes complete in four different racing layouts, with Studio 397 planning to add further versions as free updates in the coming months.

Retailing for a very reasonable £10.66, the track is available to purchase now.

Happy lapping folks!

rF2 Nords Released 2.jpg
rF2 Nords Released 3.jpg

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Very happy for those who love RF2 so much that this the only SIM they can drive............
Gentleman, please get a grip and stop acting like you have just entered a new religion.

Who here told you rF2 is the only thing they drive :O_o: .... I can't recall hearing such a thing here

Someone else said " took them 10 years to do Nords" when it's not 8 years old yet ( I brought at Build 40 January 2012)

Making things up

looking good , yes , but masterpiece ?

I'm sure i will get many dislikes for this, but the best version imo is the Gran turismo sport, that's a proper version of the track, with lighting that's un-matched by anything else
yes it's baked ( non dynamic), so they could take some shortcuts and make it look prettier when it's fully dynamic, but still

will get this though, to support S397
Gran Turismo is good....for kids.

Kids...*sigh*....S397 has done a fine job. This is not about
Very happy for those who love RF2 so much that this the only SIM they can drive, they finally get a S397 laser scanned version of the Nordschliefe.
Since a laser scanned conversion has been available for ages, it is not a total discovery, but you could be convince otherwise by some comments, as if this would be a first in the SIM world and all other version are just arcade. When in fact we have had great laser scanned version of the Nords in all the other SIM for years. I enjoy RF2, among other SIM, it has its moments, but the superlative of the fans are, to me, more a deterrent than an attraction and at the end it probably cripples S397 more than it helps.
Gentleman, please get a grip and stop acting like you have just entered a new religion.
Sounds like jealousy to me...are you?
Let people be happy...why talking about other games. This is about rF2 and a original S397 circuit which are excellent in quality (Sebring, Le Mans). If you can't stand others happiness...well, its YOU who maybe needs a religion.
Amen....

I was very skeptic about this release as I never really thought much about Nords in general, even tho I've driven the track in AC in RF2 with the rip.
I mainly got the DLC for the GP circuit but ofc I had to do at least one lap around the 24H layout and then another... and another one... and another one... and another one... and another one... and another one...
I just wanted more. S397 truly captured the atmosphere here. It really feels like you'er on a track deep in the forest, a feeling I've never experienced in any other versions of the track.

GyBYdsP.png

Captured this from the video @eg01st posted.

I'm not easily impressed but this release is just above and beyond all expectations. Hats off S397!
A true masterpiece as many have stated above me.

Very happy for those who love RF2 so much that this the only SIM they can drive, they finally get a S397 laser scanned version of the Nordschliefe.
Since a laser scanned conversion has been available for ages, it is not a total discovery, but you could be convince otherwise by some comments, as if this would be a first in the SIM world and all other version are just arcade. When in fact we have had great laser scanned version of the Nords in all the other SIM for years. I enjoy RF2, among other SIM, it has its moments, but the superlative of the fans are, to me, more a deterrent than an attraction and at the end it probably cripples S397 more than it helps.
You stay at I renting, we will be happy here

looking good , yes , but masterpiece ?

I'm sure i will get many dislikes for this, but the best version imo is the Gran turismo sport, that's a proper version of the track, with lighting that's un-matched by anything else
yes it's baked ( non dynamic), so they could take some shortcuts and make it look prettier when it's fully dynamic, but still

will get this though, to support S397
Yes laserscan Nordschleife have been here for a long time, but perhaps only the Automobilista has a similar good physics as rFactor 2 and on the ratio S397 it is a masterpiece and a very good track

But everyone has their own opinion

Well, they DID say more versions would come later....who knows?

Personally I don't think it is likely, why because S397 have not released anything remotely Historic I can think of, Imola is Reiza

Even updates they renamed some Historic packages removing ISI and stuffing up every ones room mods :) ..... and anything not updated for DX11 looks a tad off these days

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.