rF2: Nürburgring Nordschleife Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Nords Released.jpg

Teasing time now over and done - the epic Nurburgring Nordschleife for rFactor 2 is finally here.

Available now via the rFactor 2 Steam Store, the new laserscanned circuit comes complete in four different racing layouts, with Studio 397 planning to add further versions as free updates in the coming months.

Retailing for a very reasonable £10.66, the track is available to purchase now.

Happy lapping folks!

rF2 Nords Released 2.jpg
rF2 Nords Released 3.jpg

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

First time I (sim) raced on the Nordschleife was in GTR Evolution. The thrill of racing on this circuit in particular was just amazing and pretty much got me more interested in other sims to come.

Currently 1Gb down, 2.3Gb left to go. COME ON!! :laugh:

Retailing for a very reasonable £10.66 kidding me the assetto corsa version cost 50% less and include a bunch of cars even the r3e was cheaper; just wow how people are ok with these ridiculous prices :O_o::laugh:
When the first dream pack was released it was around 15 Euro. If I was as much looking for something to complain about as you, I could argue that the entry price point to use the track was higher in AC than in rF2 while I had to pay for cars, that I don't even remeber. Next to the fact that a track in rF2 requires propably a bit more work than in AC or R3E, it's completely pointless. Get the track or don't get it. But stop whining about the price for something you won't purchase anyway.

the assetto corsa version cost 50% less and include a bunch of cars
While it does now, the Assetto Version cost 15€ when it was first released in 2015, but yes it did also contain 10 cars, including the glorious Merc 190E Evo II DTM and the Alfa GTA :inlove:

You know how I always complained about rF2 DLC prices? 12€ for this is actually quite resonable for this IMO, and if it's in the ballpark of Sebring and Le Mans quality wise, there will be no regrets :)

Its sublime, truly sublime. The elevation changes are really startling, I never realised how steep some of the inclines were - I came around one corner and was "woaaah!" I also love the little glimpses you get of the track off to your left or right from about 3 corners away, little teasers of what's to come - peaking through some trees or barriers. I've never noticed that before in other versions.

I hotlapped a couple of cars around the 'traditional' Nordschleife layout, I then did a quick 15 lap GTE race around the GP circuit and one thing really stands out - the atmosphere. It literally drips with it, from the birds tweeting while I coasted up to the start line to begin my hotlap, to hearing air horns blasting during door-to-door duels in my GTE - it was amazing. I swear I could hear the swell of the crowd as well, it certainly got my pulse racing. Thanks S397, just writing this makes me want to fire up the PC again.

I couldn’t resist and I did 5 laps with the radical sr3.
4 DOF motion+VR+DD steering wheel system + bass shakers plus this version of the Nürburgring-= Sim racing heaven
Said this.... sadly it’s very heavy track with my CV1. Even with my 2080ti/I7-8700 it’s only 45fps every where in the track .
Any one tried it with VR?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Forum trophies