rF2: Nürburgring Nordschleife Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Nords Released.jpg

Teasing time now over and done - the epic Nurburgring Nordschleife for rFactor 2 is finally here.

Available now via the rFactor 2 Steam Store, the new laserscanned circuit comes complete in four different racing layouts, with Studio 397 planning to add further versions as free updates in the coming months.

Retailing for a very reasonable £10.66, the track is available to purchase now.

Happy lapping folks!

rF2 Nords Released 2.jpg
rF2 Nords Released 3.jpg

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

The Nordschleife is an absolutely stunning recreation. Looks fantastic in the Index, is brilliantly optimised and SFX100 and NLRv3 motion plus SC1 OSW ffb is sublime. Best Nords version by a country mile IMO. Putting the McLaren Senna through its paces just now was a truly epic experience. S397 has delivered a masterpiece. :thumbsup:

Wow did not notice this was even coming out, awesome job Studio 397 !

I have not driven rF2 for quite awhile, can any VR user comment if the lock to horizon is fully working yet ? It was only partly implemented and I was getting bit of motion sickness in VR.

No surprise, the larger the track the larger the price!!! Granted it may well be a masterpiece, but to pay $A19.40, really???

NO other race sim charges such ridiculous prices for race tracks. Shame on you S397.

Yes, come on you haters., hate away.

Edit: (ouch!!!!....lol :p )

Further Edit: As far as I am aware, you are not able purchase/buy/own iRacing tracks.

Last edited:
looking good , yes , but masterpiece ?

I'm sure i will get many dislikes for this, but the best version imo is the Gran turismo sport, that's a proper version of the track, with lighting that's un-matched by anything else
yes it's baked ( non dynamic), so they could take some shortcuts and make it look prettier when it's fully dynamic, but still

will get this though, to support S397

Very happy for those who love RF2 so much that this the only SIM they can drive, they finally get a S397 laser scanned version of the Nordschliefe.
Since a laser scanned conversion has been available for ages, it is not a total discovery, but you could be convince otherwise by some comments, as if this would be a first in the SIM world and all other version are just arcade. When in fact we have had great laser scanned version of the Nords in all the other SIM for years. I enjoy RF2, among other SIM, it has its moments, but the superlative of the fans are, to me, more a deterrent than an attraction and at the end it probably cripples S397 more than it helps.
Gentleman, please get a grip and stop acting like you have just entered a new religion.

When the first dream pack was released it was around 15 Euro. If I was as much looking for something to complain about as you, I could argue that the entry price point to use the track was higher in AC than in rF2 while I had to pay for cars, that I don't even remeber. Next to the fact that a track in rF2 requires propably a bit more work than in AC or R3E, it's completely pointless. Get the track or don't get it. But stop whining about the price for something you won't purchase anyway.

Im not gonna argue if better or worst but only on your mind it was 15 euros...the DLC with 10 cars and Nords was 9.99 .....

I'm sure i will get many dislikes for this, but the best version imo is the Gran turismo sport, that's a proper version of the track, with lighting that's un-matched by anything else
yes it's baked ( non dynamic), so they could take some shortcuts and make it look prettier when it's fully dynamic, but still

Stop it! I didn't appreciate it enough when I had my PS4 and I'm regretting getting rid of it. Driving at dusk (right?) with the fog, tents lit up, digital flags flashing when appropriate, realistic cockpit lighting from cars behind you. :inlove:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 326 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%