• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured rF2: McLaren Senna GTR and Aston Martin GTE Released

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +23,387
    rF2 Two Strong Pack 1.jpg
    Studio 397 have released the stunning McLaren Senna GTR and Aston Martin Vantage GTE for rFactor 2.

Available as standalone DLC content or part of the ‘Two Strong Pack’, both cars are available to purchase for the simulation with immediate effect.

Adding a brand new category to the sim, the McLaren Senna offers a first look at the upcoming new Hypercar specification of GT racing – a classification set to take over from the retiring LMP class at the head of the endurance racing landscape.

rF2 Two Strong Pack Senna.jpg

Officially unveiled as a limited production mid-engine sports car by McLaren Automotive back at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show, the Senna is earmarked by the famous racing team to take the McLaren name back to the top level of Le Mans competition from the 2020/21 season.

Packing a mighty 4.0l V8 twin-turbocharged engine, the Senna GTR is in its own right an impressive piece of motorsport engineering – however, the look into the future of endurance racing is perhaps what is most exciting about the car – giving sim racers our first view of what is set to come at the pinnacle of long distance endurance racing.

rF2 Two Strong Pack Aston.jpg

The other car in the pack similarly needs no introduction, with Studio 397 dropping the fourth instalment to the popular GTE category within the sim – adding the beautiful Aston Martin Vantage GTE to the title.

The Vantage joins the current GTE field of Porsche, Corvette and BMW within the sim, and inserts a fan favourite car into what is, for me at least, one of the best packs of virtual racing machines anywhere in sim racing.

Both cars are available now, and retails for 4.99 euro each, or around 6.99 euros for the two car ‘Two Strong Pack’.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Love Love x 19
    • Like Like x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon

Ratings:
    +70
    Practically giving them away

• Haha Haha x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +739
    Two superb cars for the cost of a Pint in a Posh Wine Bar, which begs the question why are you buying Beer in a Posh Win Bar in the first place?!

• Beer x 12
    • Haha x 10
    • Like x 4
    • Disagree x 2
    • Agree x 1
  4. Bjay_23

Bjay_23

Ratings:
    +23
    I hate that you can only buy the content on the steam shop of rF2. It would be way better if they could reduce the price for the Aston if you already bought all the endurance packs. It also makes no sense that if you buy a bundle you still have to pay for the stuff in it you already have.

• Agree Agree x 25
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Andreas Knöpke

Andreas Knöpke
    Let's drive side by side!

Ratings:
    +530
    Nothing about rF2 ever made sense... welcome to reality ;)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    • Agree x 26
    • Haha x 10
    • Disagree x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  6. mr Sw1tchblade

mr Sw1tchblade

Ratings:
    +86
    Waiting for bug reports

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Enoneado

Enoneado
    Premium

Ratings:
    +74
    Oh, really? this must be named a DLC of a DLC... i purchased the GTE and GT3 packs, come on, guys, it can be like the Imola layouts, etc... free for the people who purchased the Reiza pack only. this is a DLC of DLC and maybe in a future we will pay for new skins, one skin = 1€ or similar, micropayments...

• Agree Agree x 26
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. Dobermann92

Dobermann92

Ratings:
    +86
    UI DLC when? :D

• Haha Haha x 35
    • Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. mr Sw1tchblade

mr Sw1tchblade

Ratings:
    +86
    Right after competition system DLC

• Haha Haha x 11
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Oldzeb

Oldzeb

Ratings:
    +118
    crying in 3...2...1...S***, it's already started....:rolleyes:
    really good add thanks for nice works S397 ;)

• Agree x 13
    • Disagree x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Haha x 1
    • Beer x 1
  11. dave kirk

dave kirk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +74
    I usually buy all the DLC as an investment in the devs in the hope that one day key aspects of the game are sorted. I bought the Formula E and Monaco the day it was released and maybe put 10 minutes on it

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 4
    • Haha x 2
    • Beer x 2
    • Love x 1
  12. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +309
    ^^ echo above, insta buy for me to support them, hoping the base game will receive much needed love @Marcel Offermans

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Marisa

Marisa

Ratings:
    +27
    Oh boy, another DLC for the unfinished mess that is rFactor 2!
    Will the money they make from this go towards UI development?

• Agree x 22
    • Disagree x 12
    • Like x 4
    • Haha x 3
    • Beer x 1
  14. Swedish Racing Elite

Swedish Racing Elite

Ratings:
    +17
    Great DLC at a reasonable price :)

Tested both cars and amazing how good the are made!

For those complaining about price I am on iRacing good luck purchasing a car for that price :laugh:

• Agree x 14
    • Haha x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Love x 2
    • Beer x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  15. MPortnoy

MPortnoy

Ratings:
    +244
    There was a time when I would've bought these cars right away (I already own the GT3 and Endurance packs) but the amount of time I spend in rF2 nowadays doesn't justify it anymore. Maybe if you had focused on fixing core AI and gameplay issues.
    Other studios are developing completely new games and catching up in physics/FFB department and are far superior in others while you're taking 3 years to fix the UI so a nice tire model isn't cutting it anymore.

• Agree Agree x 31
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  16. BrainsBush

BrainsBush

Ratings:
    +207
    It was my sons decisions: I asked him to buy some quality (Belgian) beer or this 'Two Strong Pack' DLC.
    He came home with two 500ml Schultenbrau and said I also have some money left to buy this update. :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 12
    • Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. 147852369

Ratings:
    +24
    Jimmy Broadbent test:

• Like Like x 9
    • Beer Beer x 2
  18. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +309
    Not watched this, but I understand he would get it for free?

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Marisa

Marisa

Ratings:
    +27
    He got a code for the pre-release version from S397.
    Not finished yet but the DRS button isn't working and there are no shift sounds.

• Haha Haha x 1
  20. tr1v1um

tr1v1um

Ratings:
    +88
    Next to the fact that he wrote complete nonesense in first place, he is still free to buy the Senna GTR only, if he thinks that the GT3 and the GTE are the same car.

Now I will ask you a simple question: Why doesn't it make sense to sell the DLCs in the Steam shop when everybody is perfectly fine to buy other sims and DLCs for them in the steam shop? I guess you bought your AC DLCs from some dubious 3rd party sites or am I seeing this wrong?
    And I hope that you are aware of the fact, that you bought two different Audi R8 GT3 versions for AC (plus the Huracan GT3 wich is essentialy the same car).

But why I am even arguing here? People are just cought in their bubbles and keep complaining for the sake of it. Buy it, if you think you will like it and that it is worth it or simply wait.

I will most likely get the pack once it is on sale as the cars aren't making much sense for me right now. Bring on a 70s GT pack and I will rip the purchase button. Hoping for some more interesting stuff for SimExpo.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.