rF2: McLaren Senna GTR and Aston Martin GTE Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Two Strong Pack 1.jpg

Studio 397 have released the stunning McLaren Senna GTR and Aston Martin Vantage GTE for rFactor 2.

Available as standalone DLC content or part of the ‘Two Strong Pack’, both cars are available to purchase for the simulation with immediate effect.

Adding a brand new category to the sim, the McLaren Senna offers a first look at the upcoming new Hypercar specification of GT racing – a classification set to take over from the retiring LMP class at the head of the endurance racing landscape.

rF2 Two Strong Pack Senna.jpg

Officially unveiled as a limited production mid-engine sports car by McLaren Automotive back at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show, the Senna is earmarked by the famous racing team to take the McLaren name back to the top level of Le Mans competition from the 2020/21 season.

Packing a mighty 4.0l V8 twin-turbocharged engine, the Senna GTR is in its own right an impressive piece of motorsport engineering – however, the look into the future of endurance racing is perhaps what is most exciting about the car – giving sim racers our first view of what is set to come at the pinnacle of long distance endurance racing.

rF2 Two Strong Pack Aston.jpg

The other car in the pack similarly needs no introduction, with Studio 397 dropping the fourth instalment to the popular GTE category within the sim – adding the beautiful Aston Martin Vantage GTE to the title.

The Vantage joins the current GTE field of Porsche, Corvette and BMW within the sim, and inserts a fan favourite car into what is, for me at least, one of the best packs of virtual racing machines anywhere in sim racing.

Both cars are available now, and retails for 4.99 euro each, or around 6.99 euros for the two car ‘Two Strong Pack’.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I hate that you can only buy the content on the steam shop of rF2. It would be way better if they could reduce the price for the Aston if you already bought all the endurance packs. It also makes no sense that if you buy a bundle you still have to pay for the stuff in it you already have.

Andreas Knöpke

Let's drive side by side!
I hate that you can only buy the content on the steam shop of rF2. It would be way better if they could reduce the price for the Aston if you already bought all the endurance packs. It also makes no sense that if you buy a bundle you still have to pay for the stuff in it you already have.

Nothing about rF2 ever made sense... welcome to reality ;)

Last edited:
There was a time when I would've bought these cars right away (I already own the GT3 and Endurance packs) but the amount of time I spend in rF2 nowadays doesn't justify it anymore. Maybe if you had focused on fixing core AI and gameplay issues.
Other studios are developing completely new games and catching up in physics/FFB department and are far superior in others while you're taking 3 years to fix the UI so a nice tire model isn't cutting it anymore.

Nothing abourt rF2 ever made sense... welcome to reality ;)

Next to the fact that he wrote complete nonesense in first place, he is still free to buy the Senna GTR only, if he thinks that the GT3 and the GTE are the same car.

Now I will ask you a simple question: Why doesn't it make sense to sell the DLCs in the Steam shop when everybody is perfectly fine to buy other sims and DLCs for them in the steam shop? I guess you bought your AC DLCs from some dubious 3rd party sites or am I seeing this wrong?
And I hope that you are aware of the fact, that you bought two different Audi R8 GT3 versions for AC (plus the Huracan GT3 wich is essentialy the same car).

But why I am even arguing here? People are just cought in their bubbles and keep complaining for the sake of it. Buy it, if you think you will like it and that it is worth it or simply wait.

I will most likely get the pack once it is on sale as the cars aren't making much sense for me right now. Bring on a 70s GT pack and I will rip the purchase button. Hoping for some more interesting stuff for SimExpo.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 41 9.8%
  • €3001-5000