rF2: McLaren Senna GTR and Aston Martin GTE Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Two Strong Pack 1.jpg

Studio 397 have released the stunning McLaren Senna GTR and Aston Martin Vantage GTE for rFactor 2.

Available as standalone DLC content or part of the ‘Two Strong Pack’, both cars are available to purchase for the simulation with immediate effect.

Adding a brand new category to the sim, the McLaren Senna offers a first look at the upcoming new Hypercar specification of GT racing – a classification set to take over from the retiring LMP class at the head of the endurance racing landscape.

rF2 Two Strong Pack Senna.jpg

Officially unveiled as a limited production mid-engine sports car by McLaren Automotive back at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show, the Senna is earmarked by the famous racing team to take the McLaren name back to the top level of Le Mans competition from the 2020/21 season.

Packing a mighty 4.0l V8 twin-turbocharged engine, the Senna GTR is in its own right an impressive piece of motorsport engineering – however, the look into the future of endurance racing is perhaps what is most exciting about the car – giving sim racers our first view of what is set to come at the pinnacle of long distance endurance racing.

rF2 Two Strong Pack Aston.jpg

The other car in the pack similarly needs no introduction, with Studio 397 dropping the fourth instalment to the popular GTE category within the sim – adding the beautiful Aston Martin Vantage GTE to the title.

The Vantage joins the current GTE field of Porsche, Corvette and BMW within the sim, and inserts a fan favourite car into what is, for me at least, one of the best packs of virtual racing machines anywhere in sim racing.

Both cars are available now, and retails for 4.99 euro each, or around 6.99 euros for the two car ‘Two Strong Pack’.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I'm assuming besides being high resolution then downscaled to a smaller size (great "trick" to make images look incredibly high quality), those are 100% unedited pics?
Yes, I created these screenshots and they are composed in the full 5760 x1080 resolution with no cropping or editing then downsized 50%.:thumbsup:
If you are interested I posted my rFactor 2 game settings in this Thread on 'Page 5' post number '88':)

Last edited:
I did actually test that value before. Didn't make a single bit of difference to the FFB until it was up to about 12-15 Nm, so well beyond the ability of my wheel and into the direct drive territory, until I started noticing at least *something*. Lowering it didn't make any difference either.
I second guess FFB-changes for placebo-effect a lot, but here I am very sure, it's not just my imagination. IIRC it was in the Radical SR3 when it became clear that it was my change of the torque capability setting that must have changed the FFB that much (in-game FFB-smoothing on 1-2 btw).

No idea, how even lowering the value to an extreme degree doesn't do anything for you.
Thanks for trying it. I really didn't mean to steal your time.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back