rF2: Lots of New Updates Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Released.jpg

Studio 397 have updated both the base game and their new Tatuus and Le Mans content.

With rFactor 2 having benefitted from something of a golden month for new content recently, developers Studio 397 having recently released the equally impressive Circuit de la Sarthe (paid) and six strong Tatuus car pack (free) and GTE car pack (paid) for the simulation.

rF2: Le Mans test drive and Marcel Offermans interview - Video HERE

Not content with a release and forget strategy for their new additions, Studio 397 have remained busy back at base and have recently deployed three new updates to the simulation and content, upgrading the base rFactor 2 software build to include a couple of minor fixes, and deploying substantial updates to both the Le Mans track and the new Tatuus cars, details of which can all be seen below.

rF2: Tatuus first impressions Talk 'n' Drive - Video HERE.

rF2 Build 1.1112 Notes
  • Fixed lit signs not coming on at the right time of day (example brake marker signs at Le Mans)
  • Fixed some graphics glitches on old content
  • Fixed transparent trainer car not visible
Le Mans V1.5 Notes:
  • Adjusted track naming. The circuit now appears under "Le Mans 24h" as "24 Heures du Mans 2018"
  • Large Performance Pass (Object / Material refactoring, Shadow / Visual Groups, LOD tweaking, Texture optimization)
  • Large Nightlighting Pass (refactor of intensity, position and colour of lights and glows to match 2018 reference)
  • Added animated Carousel objects
  • Added Porsche advertisement to grass before Porsche Turns.
  • Added nightlighting to Distance Markers, Turn Markers, Rolex Pit Lane objects and Michelin Pitwall Tower
  • Added clock animation to rolex pitlane object
  • Added extra trees beyond Tetre Rouge
  • Road and Curb Material Pass, adjusting roughness profiles and pass on albedo maps and improvements to race groove effect.
  • Reduced grip off racing line.
  • Adjustments to ambient sounds
  • Adjusted pit exit to be more accurate
  • Added practice only audience.
  • Adjusted 24h advertising frequency and added missing advert.
  • Minor adjustments to some tents to improve likeness to real life objects
  • Removed large street signs not present during race in real life.
  • Minor foliage optimization around Indianapolis
  • Fixed minor smoothing issue on Pit Building.
  • Fixed floating media light
  • Fixed various minor terrain issues
  • Fixed some incorrect shader assignments
  • Fixed night flickering on cones
  • Updated Podium Material
  • Low downforce package for GTE/LMP is now forced. This also means AI will use the low downforce package at default.
Tatuus Pack v1.03 (ALL)
  • Added new revised rain-light: less glare
  • Fixed clipping issues with TV and onboard cameras
  • F.3 T318 Fixed engine start timer
  • F4 T014 Fixed z-fighting issue with antenna and windscreen middle rivet
GTE Pack

Porsche 991 RSR GTE v1.83

• Le Mans BoP (Balance of Performance)
  • Adjusted up-shift clutch timing and default damper settings
  • Added gear ratio 14/41 for the 1st gear (used for the Le Mans package)
  • Fixed headlights glass popping in/out in track-side cams

Chevrolet Corvette C7.R GTE v1.89
  • Adjusted up-shift clutch timing and default damper settings
  • Locked differential settings (in line with the other GTEs)
  • Slight weight reduction
  • A bit more overall down-force
  • Slightly lower center of gravity
BMW M8 GTE v1.67
  • Adjusted up-shift clutch timing
  • Fixed AI bogging down on Le Mans on a formation lap
  • Slight weight reduction
  • Slightly more power/torque output

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing sim from Studio 397 - Available now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding this excellent sim. Like your racing hard and fair? Join in with our rFactor 2 Racing Club for all your eSport racing fun! Oh, don't forget we like mods to, with our own rFactor 2 Modding Forum for you to enjoy!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Stated in the interview the LMP1 is going through a major change replacement and if they purchased the license fee to impliment the LMP1 into the Sim now then would need to purchase the license fee again after all the changes are made = 2X (twice) thus is why they held off implimenting the present LMP1.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I've played rF2, but I don't remember anything about a trainer car. What is this all about?
Transparent trainer is a somewhat lesser know (and not widely used I think, since I believe it's disabled by default) feature of rF2. It is more or less an equivalent of ghost car for practicing purposes.

Last edited:
Stated in the interview the LMP1 is going through a major change replacement and if they purchased the license fee to impliment the LMP1 into the Sim now then would need to purchase the license fee again after all the changes are made = 2X (twice) thus is why they held off implimenting the present LMP1.

Well, yes, this is understandable. But you would make back the entirety of licensing fee and more by introducing these cars. It is literally the only thing we're missing.

I would be very surprised if RF2 hold out until hypercar, that is a long time away..

Well, yes, this is understandable. But you would make back the entirety of licensing fee and more by introducing these cars. It is literally the only thing we're missing.

I would be very surprised if RF2 hold out until hypercar, that is a long time away..

The point with licensing is: Normally it doesn't takes only 1 year, regularly 3 years you have to pay for it. The new hypercars will be introduced next year. So if S397 can manage to bring them out with their appearance they would pay 2 years extra for an LMP1. I understand this argument.
Although one of my biggest wishes is also to see LMP1 cars, and I would be happy with the private ones. But it seems there is no chance for it.

You would need to discuss your opinions with Marcel from S397 since he was the celebrity in this discussion who mentioned these intentions to wait for further developements. :thumbsup:

Edit, Recent comment on the Hypercar to replace the LMP1
RD: (question from @erba72) - Already some modern endurance cars are in the game with LMP2 and GTE. But a lot are missing like the Ligier, Aston Martin Vantage, Ferrari 488 GTE and LMP1's. And with Le Mans coming up, it's gonna spice the things up! So any chance to see more of these cars to fill the grid?

MO: We certainly have not stopped licensing new content, cars and tracks, so you can certainly expect a few more of these cars. The exception being LMP1 class cars, which we decided not to license and focus on the upcoming hypercar class that will replace it.

Last edited:
Someone else has problems about the steering wheel rotation angle since this last update?
My g25 doesn't work properly today, like 900º with all cars despite in control menu appears 540º with gte for example.
I don't know what happen, I never had this problem with rfactor 2, and I was playing this last weekend without issues.
I tested with automobilista and run perfectly. It must be something related with the update.

Since around the Le Man's release I lost auto rotation on my G29 as well. It was working perfectly before they released the track. Now I'm back to alt+tab'ing out of the game to set the rotation in the Logitech software :(

I'm a newcomer to rF2, I've happily kept myself busy with AC and all its modded content - but the Steam Summer Sale provided too tempting in the end. And how I feasted greedily on a plateful of content, I spent about £50 in total but got a right belly full in return. Sebring is one of my favourite tracks and the rF2 version is wrist-breakingly sublime, I've been pretty much playing that non-stop, but I must find time for Le Mans. These sort of articles certainly whet the appetite!

Just a sec wait till I put my helmet on ........................:ninja:

You obviously never got the physics

7 years of psychobabble is enough
Well, it is a matter of what you are getting for your money. Good physics are nice but I was having fun with AC and other titles at the time iirc so I never felt like paying all that money for 2%-5% better ffb and a total lack of content. Then there was the whole modding debacle and it pushed me away further.

I really like the changes to night lighting of Le Mans. I thought there was too much light previously and it generally felt like a darker day, now it does feel light night. It's also great how the lights have different colors. And the brake markers and turn indicators glowing is also nice to see.

Some nitpicks regarding the night experience would be if the markers and cat eyes at the side of the track were actually reflecting light instead of literally glowing (so they shine bright even if you turn off your headlights) and also the headlights don't look that much like actual headlights. But both of these are obviously pretty small "cosmetic" things.

I’m a relative newcomer to rf2 as I was dragged in by the hype surrounding Sebring. I like it enough that it’s basically become my second sim after ACC. The progress that rf2 is making is very positive and I’m hopeful that they’ll continue to polish it up.

The standouts for me were Sebring (which looks and feels phenomenal), the gen 2 Formula E car (surprisingly fun to drive and genuinely adds something new to simracing) and some of the other cars feel very good too. For me though, the LeMans track and the Reiza content lack that extra level of polish. I think LeMans is good, and I don’t regret buying it, but visually it’s a little sub-par compared to Sebring (and not in the same league as ACC). On the whole I find the car models and interiors to all lack the visual fidelity that I’ve got used to elsewhere, and that stops me from really fully getting on board the rf2 train. That and the thoroughly confusing UI, which I know is due a change.

I know there’s a lot of love for rf2 and I get it. I really think that the sim is heading in the right direction but IMHO there’s a way to go graphically speaking to compete with more modern engines. Graphics aren’t important to everyone, but they’re critical for immersion for me. Just my two cents.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back