rF2: Endurance Pack Updated

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 - Endurance Pack Updated.jpg

Studio 397 have updated their 'Endurance Pack' DLC for rFactor 2.

Having recently revealed the Aston Martin Vantage GTE will be arriving for rFactor 2 in the very near future, Studio 397 have dropped a new Balance of Performance (BoP) update for the impressive four car DLC.

Although much of the new update is focussed on BoP changes for the three GTE cars, the LMP2 specification Oreca also receives a little love, with quite a few changes brought to the premier prototype car within the simulation.

Check out the changes below:

Porsche 991 RSR GTE v1.93
  • BoP (Balance of Performance)
  • Fixed headlight glass reflections
Chevrolet Corvette C7.R GTE v2.01
BMW M8 GTE v1.73
Oreca 07 LMP2 v1.69
  • Made the car a bit heavier to better correspond with real data.
  • Further adjustments to correct engine power/torque output
  • Adjusted downforce overall
  • Further improvements and adjustments to Le Mans aero package
  • Corrected engine inertia
  • Corrected gear changes that were slightly too short (gear shifts)

With a new BoP update now live, does that mean we might be getting the Aston sooner rather than later?

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

For me, with my limited skill, before the BoP update, testing at Le Mans and Silverstone, I was fastest with the Porsche, but the Corvette and M8 were more stable (talking about pretty much just a default setup).
After the update, I am still fastest with the Porsche, but it is now also the most stable of the three for me. It is followed by the M8, and with the Corvette, I would be close to calling it almost undriveable (again, with more or less the default setup). Not enjoyed that one in the slightest. The M8 was a mixed bag.

Last edited:
Slightly slower times in soft configs, also depending on the Aero Kit in use.(low drag kit could probably produce more tyre demand but is of course a quick way to go on LM). Softs aren't the optimum choice for longstints though.

EDIT: There is no way, that i can hit 3:53 with softs, LeMans Aero and full tank...if you can hit these times, your pace should be enough, to reach the tyre limit pretty easy, so no surprise, that they're getting some punishment.

I suck at LeMans, so it's possible, that i'm not using the whole tyre window, but it may help, to soften the suspension, not that much toe and not lowering the wing "tooo much", each slide will give your tyre probably a large amount of energy, wich will also result in higher core temps.

So the harder you push, the less laps you will probably get with working tyre window on softs.

You can change the tires while refueling. No time is lost. In Le Mans rF2 automatically choose the low drag aero pack. You are forced to.
The point with the RSR is the change of the weight transfer by consuming fuel as the tank is at the front of the car. At the beginning the cars is stable, some laps later it becomes more and more oversteer as the front becomes lighter. Very difficult to setup a fast and reliable configuration.
Your need a low wing config to match up the pace. Otherwise no chance to be competitive in the 24h race.

In Le Mans rF2 automatically choose the low drag aero pack. You are forced to.
I had to force it by myself in the showroom...
At the beginning the cars is stable, some laps later it becomes more and more oversteer as the front becomes lighter. Very difficult to setup a fast and reliable configuration.
This is known by me, especially with the Porsche cars.^^
Your need a low wing config to match up the pace. Otherwise no chance to be competitive in the 24h race.
I know, i didn't say, you should crank it up to P5 :D
And that's why the tyres get a punch on temps. Low aero often leeds to more demand on tyres. So of course you get high temps with softs, by pushing them.

I will test it when I'm back. Hope rF2 works again as I have some issues with a new windows update. Else I must run some AMS-sessions and wait for the next update :whistling:
I have tested it again right now...the Porsche Curves are definetly somewhat tip-toeing with aggressive settings, even with higher TC. :ninja:

I also had a new Windows Update yesterday, no problems here, maybe Windows is doing some shenanigans with your drivers or something similar...

• Deleted member 503495

To be fair I think some of that criticism was probably warranted given many people were lapping the LMP2 quicker than the Toyota LMP1 in real life.

It was way, way, way too fast.
Haven't tried this new update, but I suspect it would have to be a substantial change to the BoP if they want to make the performance more realistic.

I was in no way insinuating anything different than what you have written, I am in complete agreement. After press releases of technical partnerships and other things, having a car being so wrong was very bad. One hopes this behavior is not sustained and only remedied once new content is released.

Oreca 07 LMP2 v1.69 - It feels like a nice improvement overall

Last edited:
one problem was created by these updates, the initial low-end torque, if you start with a clutch, you have to baby it for two or three stabs of throttle and clutch. Easy to spin up to speed, but no torque to hold that initial drag on the drivetrain.

Oreca 07 LMP2 v1.69 - It feels like a nice improvement overall

Le Man aero package still feels like its the best choice regardless of the track. I'll do some more testing, but while the car is slower (more accurate) it still feels like no other aero package is worth using except the Le Mans package.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.