rF2: Endurance Pack Updated

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 - Endurance Pack Updated.jpg

Studio 397 have updated their 'Endurance Pack' DLC for rFactor 2.

Having recently revealed the Aston Martin Vantage GTE will be arriving for rFactor 2 in the very near future, Studio 397 have dropped a new Balance of Performance (BoP) update for the impressive four car DLC.

Although much of the new update is focussed on BoP changes for the three GTE cars, the LMP2 specification Oreca also receives a little love, with quite a few changes brought to the premier prototype car within the simulation.

Check out the changes below:

Porsche 991 RSR GTE v1.93
  • BoP (Balance of Performance)
  • Fixed headlight glass reflections
Chevrolet Corvette C7.R GTE v2.01
BMW M8 GTE v1.73
Oreca 07 LMP2 v1.69
  • Made the car a bit heavier to better correspond with real data.
  • Further adjustments to correct engine power/torque output
  • Adjusted downforce overall
  • Further improvements and adjustments to Le Mans aero package
  • Corrected engine inertia
  • Corrected gear changes that were slightly too short (gear shifts)

With a new BoP update now live, does that mean we might be getting the Aston sooner rather than later?

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

The Porsche RSR has been completely ruined after the update...
Ran 3:52 times before on a very bare-bones setup, but im now struggling to get under 3:54 with an improved setup... Completely impossible to get through the porsche chicanes
Pls fix alread

Its most likely my driving mostly to blame, but I cannot survive the Porsche Curves in any of the GTE cars. My tires are on fire by time I get thru, if I survive them. The 911 gave me problems before this update, but its worse now. I've even tested with medium and hard tires and still have the same problem. Is it bad setup/driving on my part or are others having this same issue with GTEs at Lemans?

Its most likely my driving mostly to blame, but I cannot survive the Porsche Curves in any of the GTE cars. My tires are on fire by time I get thru, if I survive them. The 911 gave me problems before this update, but its worse now. I've even tested with medium and hard tires and still have the same problem. Is it bad setup/driving on my part or are others having this same issue with GTEs at Lemans?

I suck at LM, but yup, i also encounter the hardcore tail happy manner...at least with the 911 RSR.^^

blazing hot tires at LM if I made any little, usually recoverable, mistake. Next corners were either tippy-toe slow or a Spin.

Add more wing perhaps?
More wing than P2, and it starts to get uncompetitive. You have hella' looooooncc straights on LM, you will need the speed, to carry some significant time with you. (I tried somewhat about P4 in the Porsche, it is more stable, but not particularly fast :D)
Rake is more important on LM ;)
------
The Oreca 07 is still pretty nice. I find it somewhat slower, but feels very good to drive and also AI does now somewhat more equal times within sessions, so i find this great for SP use.^^

Well, good luck with your oversteer issues is all I'm saying.
Hey, thanks.:rolleyes: You don't have any tipps for getting sub 3:55 with P4 Wing and higher, don't you? :)

Edit: Doesn't matter...it also oversteers with this configuration, anyway. So yeah...it's all right, as long people have a go at you, when reporting a change, and questioning it, we are all sharing the same passion... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I assume your track surface is rubbered in.
Yup, heavy and saturated preset mostly in use, when testing cars. It is not unusual for cars, to oversteer more with less wing, i'm not that uninformed :D but i notice a difference to the pre-update era. That's all.

I have now found a setup with a PRETTY conservative approach for the M8 and at least, it is controlable on brakes and throttle now, even when tip-toeing. It seems, the cars are a little bit slower in general now after BoPing, but i could be mistaken.^^ (Like i said, i suck at Le Mans)

Yup, heavy and saturated preset mostly in use, when testing cars. It is not unusual for cars, to oversteer more with less wing, i'm not that uninformed :D but i notice a difference to the pre-update era. That's all.

I have now found a setup with a PRETTY conservative approach for the M8 and at least, it is controlable on brakes and throttle now, even when tip-toeing. It seems, the cars are a little bit slower in general now after BoPing, but i could be mistaken.^^ (Like i said, i suck at Le Mans)
Forgot to mention it's very important that your tires achieved their optimum temps for best grip levels!

Forgot to mention it's very important that your tires achieved their optimum temps for best grip levels!

Your answer leads me to a thing, i have experienced: I definetly have to go with less camber and toe after the update, tbh, because of exactly these higher developing tyre temps. I haven't experienced it this often, to get A LOT of surface temps on the tyres with the pre-updated GTEs, so this will come into play for sure!

But of course, i understand, what you mean! :) Without sounding like a dickhead, these are not my first steps with working on a setup and gaining a good avg. working window with a car. Even with being a snail on LM. :D It has just changed, how they behave, so i thought, i post it.^^

I had tried the P2 wing setting and kept roasting the tires. P3 seemed to manage things better, but it took me 5 laps to close in on a Merc GT3(granted this was me driving) If I had more Straightline speed than the Merc, it was a very tiny amount.
Now...about the diffuser and rake....what should our ride height settings be to get that thing working???

Now...about the diffuser and rake....what should our ride height settings be to get that thing working???
It's a compromise, like everything. Different for several car types.
The deeper your car lies, the better the advanced aero probably works until it bottoms out, more rake and you can gain quite more effectiveness from the aero (also with giving the wing more airflow), but too much rake, and you will lose speed and lose stability... It depends, on your car and how much it moves, especially while braking and front/rear weight transfer and how the suspension works. Your ride height will affect also the ability, how good your suspension will do its job. There are cars out there, that even use negative rake, or none in some cases (488GT3 f.e.)...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 370 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%