rF2: Endurance Pack Updated

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Endurance Pack DLC Update.jpg

Studio 397 have recently updated the 'Endurance Pack' DLC for rFactor 2.

Deploying the content update back on March 21st, Studio 397 have released small updates to the cars contained within the Endurance Pack DLC for the simulation. Although not significant in size, the update does address some of the outstanding issues with the content in rFactor 2, and includes some performance optimisation of the individual car LOD's as well as BOP adjustments across the pack, the full details of which can be seen below:

Porsche 991RSR GTE v1.67
  • BOP refuel time adjustment
  • Fixed side mirrors in showroom
  • Fixed see through vents and holes
  • Fixed sorting issues with steering wheel and side windows
Corvette C7R GTE v1.69
  • Optimized LODs
  • Mapping fix on bonnet
  • Fixed side mirrors in showroom
BMW M8 GTE v1.43
  • Fixed reversed oil and water values in the onboard HUD
  • Optimized LODs
Norma M30 LMP3 v1.65
  • Optimized LODs
Oreca 07 LMP2 v1.51
  • Optimized LODs
  • Reflection fix on floor diffuser

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
With the racing games I have now; I wonder if rF2 is even worth it? Id' essentially only be buying it because of the LMP2 cars. Unless they give us a whole grid of GT4 or the McLaren 570S Cup, I cannot justify buying this. Same goes for PC2. I'd only be buying it for the Ferrari 488 Challenge. To me $59.99 is not worth it for PC2. And for what you get in the base rF2, $32.99 doesn't give me the cars I want to race.

What does this SIM offer that AC, ACC, RRRE or iRacing doesn't give us?

But good on them for updating this.
It's not just about the cars though...
The way it drives and the content it has. Plus it takes a lot more to master than some other titles, imho.
Still, if you just want lots of cars, then some friendly guy has told you which game you can get. :thumbsup:

Nice update!
Only problem I have with this game is, I like way too much to make offline championships, but I find it hardly difficult to find different cars for a given class, name of the drivers... Do you guys know if some UI improvement is on the way? Or should I start racing online (despite I would probably be a moving chicane)?

I wouldn't hold your breath. They've been saying that they're going to release a new UI for years, but instead have spent resources working on new DLC. Since I have considerable first hand experience to know how long it takes to develop a UI, I doubt they are serious, since it's on the order of months, not years.

Last edited:
I disagree. I think the new UI will come. They have also spent resources on converting the sim to DX11, new shaders, some free content, a competition system and other stuff that I can't even remember without looking it up.

I don't pretend to know, but I'm under the impression that the new UI will include much more than a new car selection screen, race selection screen and stuff like that. I think they're gonna change the way mods are loaded and maybe how dedi servers work, etc. So it's not just about navigating and selecting or how it looks.

For me personally, I already get a huge amount of enjoyment from rF2, but every now and again they do something that really improves the experience for me. It just keeps getting better.... for me.

But hey, don't listen to what other people say about it. Just drive it and make your own mind up. :)

With the racing games I have now; I wonder if rF2 is even worth it? Id' essentially only be buying it because of the LMP2 cars. Unless they give us a whole grid of GT4 or the McLaren 570S Cup, I cannot justify buying this. Same goes for PC2. I'd only be buying it for the Ferrari 488 Challenge. To me $59.99 is not worth it for PC2. And for what you get in the base rF2, $32.99 doesn't give me the cars I want to race.

What does this SIM offer that AC, ACC, RRRE or iRacing doesn't give us?

But good on them for updating this.

You don't just get rF2, you get a nice sim with a quite extensive set of features, great physics + FFB and a bucketload of free mods, wich most of your other sims don't have, or payware mods if you want to go down that route. If modern prototypes are your thing then you will be pleasently surprised by rF2. If you can show me another sim that offers an ELMS grid with over 40 cars in changing conditions and decent multiclass offline or online racing then I will be pleasently suprised. And that's just one example. rF2 is the ArmA 3 of sims. It's a nice big sandbox with a nice combination of official content and 3rd party stuff. How you build your experience is up to you. In theory you can just have one car and one track installed or just everything that you can get from all kinds of sources. The mod management via the steam workshop is second to none in the racing sim world so aswell.

I disagree. I think the new UI will come. They have also spent resources on converting the sim to DX11, new shaders, some free content, a competition system and other stuff that I can't even remember without looking it up.

I don't pretend to know, but I'm under the impression that the new UI will include much more than a new car selection screen, race selection screen and stuff like that. I think they're gonna change the way mods are loaded and maybe how dedi servers work, etc. So it's not just about navigating and selecting or how it looks.

It's possible that scope creep is why there is no release as of yet. If that's the case, I would consider it a huge mistake as even the most basic of functions now are very off-putting in RF2. They could always redress other issues like mod support after a UI revamp.

It's possible that scope creep is why there is no release as of yet. If that's the case, I would consider it a huge mistake as even the most basic of functions now are very off-putting in RF2. They could always redress other issues like mod support after a UI revamp.
The UI will be the focus for the entire online competition system they are developing. As stated above, it's not just a new way to present exiting content. It is a fundamental transformation of the core of the sim. All those TV features on display during the Sebring 12hr race will become part of the UI.
As far as car count, in good ol GTR2, our SCC mod alone had over 500 cars. Car count for a modable sim is not a very valid issue. Heck just with the various F1 mods we probably have hundreds of available cars, Several Nascar mods, V8 Supercar....etc etc

As for people consistently berating the lack of a new UI can I ask you, is the current one *really* that bad that you cannot enjoy the *Driving* experience that RF2 has to offer? Why is it the UI gets in the way of the core of the game? Do you not play Elite Dangerous because you can't get past its terrible UI? Is the ACC UI any better? Is the iRacing Beta UI any better? Why do you feel the need to constantly bring it up in every RF2 related thread?

Fact is the current UI is usable, no it's not smooth/intuitive/brilliant, but it does a job, it does not stop you from enjoying a Drive or a Race against the AI or Human Opponents. Once you spend the usual few minutes getting to know it's quirks - like with ANY games UI - then you'll soon see it isn't all that bad afterall and is actually better than a lot of other Race Sims & other AAA Games on the Market.

The constant need to belittle RF2 based purely on the UI is just plain silly in my eyes, use what you've got and enjoy the Core of the game like others are doing. At the end of the day I buy a Racing Sim to Drive & Race with, it's a shame others can't get past something to hate.

I wouldn't hold your breath. They've been saying that they're going to release a new UI for years, but instead have spent resources working on new DLC. Since I have considerable first hand experience to know how long it takes to develop a UI, I doubt they are serious, since it's on the order of months, not years.

How do you know the resources have been spent on new DLC and not the UI? Answer is you don't, that's just an assumption based on thin air on your part, nothing more nothing less. As you have experience of UI creation that doesn't mean you know the back end work going into this New UI, you don't know exactly what is going on behind the scenes, again just assuming you know how it's done so it must be done quicker is not the answer.

@MarcG
I will try to explain my point of view.
I dont care about new UI. Thing is it will be 2nd big change made by S397 after implantation of dx11 and pbr. And well, if you don't want to be a beta tester you better stay away snd wait.
Why? Because of inconsistent quality of this project.
Some ppl feel fine with it. And some not. That's all.

You don't just get rF2, you get a nice sim with a quite extensive set of features, great physics + FFB and a bucketload of free mods, wich most of your other sims don't have, or payware mods if you want to go down that route. If modern prototypes are your thing then you will be pleasently surprised by rF2. If you can show me another sim that offers an ELMS grid with over 40 cars in changing conditions and decent multiclass offline or online racing then I will be pleasently suprised. And that's just one example. rF2 is the ArmA 3 of sims. It's a nice big sandbox with a nice combination of official content and 3rd party stuff. How you build your experience is up to you. In theory you can just have one car and one track installed or just everything that you can get from all kinds of sources. The mod management via the steam workshop is second to none in the racing sim world so aswell.
I completely agree it's the Arma 3 of sims... Clunky AF that's why i gave up with it *when* if the UI comes ill revisit it and hopefully all the changes amount to somthing i can be bothered to put tine into the issue for me is how long it's taking ww may well have an actual AC2 before RF2 feels complete. Have they sorted the wet weather affects yet like raindrops and puddles? If the new UI is impressive i can't wait to buy all the DLC.

I completely agree it's the Arma 3 of sims... Clunky AF that's why i gave up with it *when* if the UI comes ill revisit it and hopefully all the changes amount to somthing i can be bothered to put tine into the issue for me is how long it's taking ww may well have an actual AC2 before RF2 feels complete. Have they sorted the wet weather affects yet like raindrops and puddles? If the new UI is impressive i can't wait to buy all the DLC.

Wet weather effects were added over a year ago, not all tied to physics, but the effects are there. Why is the UI stopping you from playing the sim? It's old, but it works well for most practical purposes. My main nag is that the online interface is a mess and you have a hard time joining servers other than those populated with AI drivers. But for offline use, it's not like the new UI will somehow magically change the core experience, so I see no reason to sit and wait for it.

I didn't say it did, Im waiting for the UI as the deal breaker i tried the sim multiple times found it a complete faf to set up my wheel, VR i had to keep resetting view, graphics were atrocious, weather affects were non existant, content i found dull, hated the colour palet, performance in VR was awful, online was a ghost town and in my opinion Assetto corsa drove better and i preferred AC FFB. I want to revisit it once the UI is done to see if all the changes in my absence have made me want to invest more time and money in it. But a UI would be a damn good start because as soon as i see it, it feels old outdated and i literally don't understand it (my problem i know)

I didn't say it did, Im waiting for the UI as the deal breaker i tried the sim multiple times found it a complete faf to set up my wheel, VR i had to keep resetting view, graphics were atrocious, weather affects were non existant, content i found dull, hated the colour palet, performance in VR was awful, online was a ghost town and in my opinion Assetto corsa drove better and i preferred AC FFB. I want to revisit it once the UI is done to see if all the changes in my absence have made me want to invest more time and money in it. But a UI would be a damn good start because as soon as i see it, it feels old outdated and i literally don't understand it (my problem i know)

I don't know when you last played but:
- It's easy to set up a Wheel, always has been, even comes with Preset Configurations.
- Bind a Button to Reset VR View, easy
- Graphics have been improved vastly over the past two years (DX11, PBR Shades etc).
- Weather effects are now existent and have been for a year I think
- Content, well if it's dull then I question why you like Car Racing...
- Colour palette....no comment
- VR Performance has improved greatly, it may still need some work but it's a lot better than it was at the start
- Online, yeah well the same can be said for other Sims, it's a niche market innit

Personally I think you're missing out already, but your mind seems to be made up and I can't see how a new UI is going to change any of the core driving experience for you so....I dunno, stick to something else I guess and enjoy that instead.

- VR Performance has improved greatly, it may still need some work but it's a lot better than it was at the start
On VR performance, I looked around and can only find info from may/june 2018. Has it improved further? I want to get this game due to the awesome endurance racing offered but for me poor VR performance is a big no. I have a 980ti is it playable in any kind of half decent settings (like not a lot of pop in and not too much shimmering)?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back