rF2 | Development Roadmap For January

bozakn

1RPM
May 10, 2014
I really don't get what all the hate is about. Ever since I tried this sim, I just can't drive anything else. And I've tried them all. Yes, there are tons of bugs, the content has a questionable price tag and the graphics are outdated. Yes, AI is pretty bad compared to AMS. BUT, the driving feel is just phenomenal. Nothing comes even close to replicating real car steering feel. And this is what I'm after. The realism. Aren't we all ?

Enoneado

100RPM
Apr 3, 2018
I supported this game during 2018 and 2019... but i have lost my patience and hope on this game, they are very busy with competition events for 4 aliens, they don't finish and polish the current material, cars, tracks are old, when they make a new track the tracks before are obsolete because they make this in one year, maybe the Beta UI version will exist during another year or two... formula E is only interesting for 4 or 5 players, basically with GT3 and 20 versions of the same car like Aston Martin we can't be happy, and the price of the little packs are so expensive, for the same price for one track you can have 4 in other games... i bought the BMW M2, but it will be the last buy, no more euros wasted in a neverending game. If they don't change the focus of the development i will uninstall it and turn back to AC and try another new like AMS2.

Last edited:

dreamer al

500RPM
Dec 22, 2016
I supported this game during 2018 and 2019... but i have lost my patience and hope on this game, they are very busy with competition events for 4 aliens, they don't finish and polish the current material, cars, tracks are old, when they make a new track the tracks before are obsolete because they make this in one year, maybe the Beta UI version will exist during another year or two... formula E is only interesting for 4 or 5 players, basically with GT3 and 20 versions of the same car like Aston Martin we can't be happy, and the price of the little packs are so expensive, for the same price for one track you can have 4 in other games... i bought the BMW M2, but it will be the last buy, no more euros wasted in a neverending game. If they don't change the focus of the development i will uninstall it and turn back to AC and try another new like AMS2.
You have echoed my thoughts. I was always an AC "fan", but after watching a number of youtube videos decided to give rF2 a try. I loved it and was quite enthusiastic on its undoubted potential. But, the same as you, frustration of continual unfulfilled issues, fixing codes, unrealistic high prices, etc. has waned my enthusiasm and now I barely play it . This is a crying shame in my view as it could be really something special.

bflorezruiz

10RPM
Jan 22, 2017
rF2 is the sim with more depth and with the greatest potential. It is the sim to which I have dedicated more hours, by far. Despite all the bugs, I kept playing. Until the problem of freezing appeared. It was too much for me. Break the dive completely and ruin your entire race. Unfortunately the problem has been reported for 11 months and the developers have not fixed it. Uninstalled 6 months ago and, really, without much hope to return.

Enoneado

100RPM
Apr 3, 2018
No clue were all hate suddenly come from but for me it is clear: there is no rF2 community left on RD. Sad...
For me rF2 still has the best ffb coupled with car physics. It has the best AI from all games i own. And Sebring...by FAR the best circuit made from every race game i own.
Ok, enjoy with Sebring and your FFB only, during years, if you are not tired to run few tracks and a handle of cars during years, this is your sim.

bozakn

1RPM
May 10, 2014
I guess it all comes down to what you expect from a software point of view. I never looked at rF2 as a game. For me, it is the definition of simulation. No fancy user interface, no cheesy music and over the top presentation. Just pure driving. And that's what it's all about. If I recall correctly, Image Space Incorporated was a company that developed simulations for military purposes. Simulation is the key word. This was never intented to be a game. It's raw, unpolished, and most people hate it. Just like it should be.

jkn87

25RPM
Dec 21, 2012
I got in love with rf1.
Sadly rf2 is a never-ending promise for me. I stopped playing it 3 years ago and sometimes i fire up the game and then the huge load times, ugly graphics, messy wheel rotation settings, clumsy prehistoric UI, old non updated content...I just exit and play AC with sol patch and lots of good modding

Emery

2000RPM
Jun 6, 2009
rF2 also lacks proper simulation of a manual transmission.
All sims lack proper simulation of a manual transmission because our shifter devices have no means to be kicked out of a gear. "Clutch twice" that you are asking for is not a substitute for being baulked.

Emery

2000RPM
Jun 6, 2009
I would just like someone to point me to the title and say: this sim has better AI than rFactor2. Ok, AMS is high up there with rF2, but what else is out there? "It could be a lot better" is just a thing of imagination and expectation. Usualy we set both to high, thats for sure :)
Thing is, it WAS better. Some code written right before S397 took over broke a few things and has never been fixed.

avenger82

Krzysztof Maj
Nov 5, 2011
Ok, enjoy with Sebring and your FFB only, during years, if you are not tired to run few tracks and a handle of cars during years, this is your sim.
But why you have to limit yourself to laser scanned tracks. There are a lot of free, decent tracks. 99% of simracers won't race on the real track. It's better to have everything laser scanned, but IMO it's overrated for average user and it costs a lot. And you'd have to laser scan tracks like every year or two to be good for training. S397 scanned Nords but by the time they released it, the surface was already replaced.

Enoneado

100RPM
Apr 3, 2018
But why you have to limit yourself to laser scanned tracks. There are a lot of free, decent tracks. 99% of simracers won't race on the real track. It's better to have everything laser scanned, but IMO it's overrated for average user and it costs a lot. And you'd have to laser scan tracks like every year or two to be good for training. S397 scanned Nords but by the time they released it, the surface was already replaced.
ok, pay for 4 laser scanned tracks, for the same price i have 16 or more and more cars... and 10.000 mods in AC, enjoy with your expensive RF2.

avenger82

Krzysztof Maj
Nov 5, 2011
ok, pay for 4 laser scanned tracks, for the same price i have 16 or more and more cars... and 10.000 mods in AC, enjoy with your expensive RF2.
I play AC sometimes too, because it has wide variety of cars and SRS, but I much prefer FFB and tire model in rF2. Yes, laser scanned tracks are expensive, but car packs not, especially if you buy on sale. And rF2 also has a lot of free decent mods . But if you must have like tons of free mods then stick to rF1 and AC.