rF2: Another Nordschleife Preview - 4 Layouts Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Nords Screenshot Tease.jpg

Studio 397 have released another preview image from the upcoming Nordschleife track release - confirming 4 layouts at launch... with more to follow.

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past 12 months, you are probably aware that Studio 397 have been heavily developing a laserscanned version of the legendary Nurburgring Nordschleife in Germany - and seeing as preview images keep surfacing these last couple of days, it's probably fair to assume we aren't that far away from release.. hopefully.

Interestingly, rather than the heavily criticised caption of 'counting the days' from the last image.. this time we get days replaced with hours... does that mean release date is even closer than we expected?

Also of note, rather than just dropping another image, Studio 397 have also confirmed the track will initially launch with four different configurations.. and plan on adding further layouts further down the line!

Happy times for fans of rFactor 2 are coming soon!

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Better late than never, at least their users can finally delete and remove the stolen ripped Kunos versions from their Hard drive and stop uploading it to the Steam Workshop in hidden track packs with various ripped Kunos tracks, that alone should be a good thing right? :sneaky:

Hmm yeah, I remember this one... A good laser scanned tracks, with two years of developpement.
Came with the DLC "Dream pack " with four cars, the Alfa Romeo GTA , the Alfa Romeo 155 Ti V6, the Mercedes C9 and the McLaren P1...
All for 10€ in pre-order or 15€ after the release... :whistling:

Hmm yeah, I remember this one... A good laser scanned tracks, with two years of developpement.
Came with the DLC "Dream pack " with four cars, the Alfa Romeo GTA , the Alfa Romeo 155 Ti V6, the Mercedes C9 and the McLaren P1...
All for 10€ in pre-order or 15€ after the release... :whistling:
But not with the possibility to shortcut the qualifying outlap :thumbsdown:
#whiners department :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

The current price for Le Mans is $12.07 (and I think that was the launch price - 11 euros). The Nordschleife is a 50% longer track. So I'll guess ~$16 USD. I purchased rFactor 2 on Steam (during a sale) for $15.99. So your estimate of it being priced as much as the game might not be too far off!!!

Actually Nordschleife at 26 km is almost 100% longer than Le Mans at 13. It doesn't make sense to pay per kilometer, Le Mans by that logic should have been double the price of Sebring. But yeah, something like $16 seems reasonable anyway.

With every top quality release it's always like having a new title to me. So I don't mind the prices. These guys have human needs like eating a having a roof over their heads. And some may even have families including babies which require all that and more. A couple of tracks and cars to add to a base game that we already own really shouldn't be that big a deal. I know for some it is an issue, and I can emphasize, but for many it's just whinging cause you're tight. Let's face it. You can buy F1 20xx every year for full whack and complain about this and that, or you can buy content for your favourite sims, that must be comparable in cost per year for a much healthier experience. Maybe not, maybe I'm completely wrong, but I find great value in all the content for the top sims I own.
Not trying to offend anyone here, just the opinions of an ageing sim racer that finds value in his hobby.:thumbsup:

I must say I'm pretty excited counting down the years to the release of the UI.

Just kidding. ;) I can't play RF2 because of the physics lag bug that they haven't fixed in over a year. Horrah for the Nordschleife!

@emarchena BTW, if you're wondering about load times... Loading a 20 AI GTE (S397) race with the 24h layout took 4 minutes 30 the first time, and the subsequent load time of that same race was 2 minutes 5 seconds. Running off SSD, Ryzen 2600, 16GB of RAM.

Though it is (unsurprisingly) quite RAM hungry, takes about 7 more gigs of RAM on top of the game already running, sitting on the main menu screen.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 79 29.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 55 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 59 21.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.6%