rF2: Another Nordschleife Preview - 4 Layouts Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Nords Screenshot Tease.jpg

Studio 397 have released another preview image from the upcoming Nordschleife track release - confirming 4 layouts at launch... with more to follow.

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past 12 months, you are probably aware that Studio 397 have been heavily developing a laserscanned version of the legendary Nurburgring Nordschleife in Germany - and seeing as preview images keep surfacing these last couple of days, it's probably fair to assume we aren't that far away from release.. hopefully.

Interestingly, rather than the heavily criticised caption of 'counting the days' from the last image.. this time we get days replaced with hours... does that mean release date is even closer than we expected?

Also of note, rather than just dropping another image, Studio 397 have also confirmed the track will initially launch with four different configurations.. and plan on adding further layouts further down the line!

Happy times for fans of rFactor 2 are coming soon!

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Yeah, about that... S397 makes awesome content, but their price point always creates a stir in the community. I'm sure Nords will be the same.

But yeah, it's a day 1 buy for me. I'll say a few curse words under my breath while I click the "Buy" button, and then enjoy myself immensely driving it.

I bet the price will be close or the same as the game itself.

I like to see more sims offer a trial of content, say thirty minutes, and then have it lock until which time it is purchased. Just a bit cautious after the last big track was released, didn't 'feel' right.

I would the pay price of rF2 and some for totally revamped Historic Eve, Spark, Howston and circuits

Better still release it as a separate sim .... then do the same for other content ...GT Sim, Oval Sim, Modern OW sim ... yadda

That way updates to engine, tyres, FFB, etc. in each would not affect other content it never meant to ......:barefoot:

Are there adults who play these games or just nitpicky whiny little boys?
We all appreciate your contribution to a healthy authentic and fun human interaction.
Also you forget the nitpicky, whiny little girls!

So far so good...

S397, please stop teasing teasers for teasers, finally and please give us whiny, moaning little adult-children this something great to play for our racing run rooms.:D

Love you, but counting the days->hours...it feels more, like a meme. It adds some humour to my excitement, we were/are waiting quite a bit for some things, but no, i don't open the can of worms again:D:whistling:

I'll buy this to support the product but as great as these tracks are for lapping, racing is a whole other thing. There are other tracks that in the long run would be better to offer.

A real Monte Carlo. Real Long Beach or Portland. Valko's CTMP is very nice but a real CTMP. No sim has a current versions of any of these. A Euro track with character that you don't find in other sims. Brno. Not that these are personal favorites but rather classics that are not common. Driving the same thing over and over from one sim to the next is whatever. New tracks challenge and build skills unless however one is more interested in sitting there marveling at a UI...

:roflmao: Had to throw that dig in there...

AhhhhSigh:inlove:...the wait is nearly over and it will be for me personally, a purchase for sure...looking forward to driving all rF2's content that I have around the 'Green Hell'...should be weeks of entertainment:D...driving though, not racing, using Manual H-Pattern and Clutch on all GT3 cars,...why because I can:thumbsup::inlove:.... listening to the engine rev while changing gears, feeling the FFB and superb physics while going around the track...almost there:D.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 9 29.0%