[Released] kristiannn's AI Mod v1.0

Im not sure if it's because i decreased the values too much or what, but there was a mod for F1 2010 where the person had made the track less grippy for more realistic times by editing the same surface_materials.xml file. But im not sure if the coding of 2010's file was different to this years one.

However i dont have enough experience to edit these and get a good result, so i think kristiannn is the best bet to get the job done.

You give t another try mate may be we can find a way
then we can give the details to kristiannn for making it much better
I will also look about it and could care to give me the details that what you've changed in this .xml file???

Don't worry about the surface_materials, I got it covered. This is the file which the unforgivable grass mod uses. I will see, but maybe I'll release a separated mod with the edited grips (grass+asphalt), because it will mess up online play and I want this mod not to. We'll see if I'll be able to get it right tho. Don't get any high hopes, I haven't even tried. It may be impossible.. :D

from the time when your fantastic mod takes care of the behavior of AI would like to suggest an update.
surely everyone has noticed that in any session (practice, qualifying and race) AI cars brake too early and this is unrealistic.
I remember there was a mod for F1 2010 that allowed you to change just the brakes on each circuit in each session. I do not know if there is something similar for F1 2011, however, I think you may still try to change your mod adding that other improvements. would be really great and your mod would be pretty definitive.

from the time when your fantastic mod takes care of the behavior of AI would like to suggest an update.
surely everyone has noticed that in any session (practice, qualifying and race) AI cars brake too early and this is unrealistic.
I remember there was a mod for F1 2010 that allowed you to change just the brakes on each circuit in each session. I do not know if there is something similar for F1 2011, however, I think you may still try to change your mod adding that other improvements. would be really great and your mod would be pretty definitive.

What exactly do you have on mind?

First, I think we should try to remember exactly what the F1 2010 mod that allowed you to change the braking distance.
Once we understand what was mod enough to understand what the values ​​are going to change and we could do the same thing to F1 2011 by acting directly on the files.
And this fact could be another addition to your mod.

I think he means the brake_distance modifiers aka Braking points for AI ;)
As for the grip: Changing the tarmac grip requires an adjustment of the ai_vehicle_track files, as the slow down more than the player does. So if you want to do a grip mod, then I suggest you do it first, cause otherwise you'll have to do the trackfiles twice.
And for the wet conditions: I tried editing wet grip apart from dry grip without any luck. With reducing the drip, the gap between dry and wet always stayed the same. But that doesn't mean you won't find a way. My testing on that wasn't really extensive.
And while you're at it: Maybe you'll find a way to fix players' grip gap between wet races and wet qualifying. The player can go 1 to 1.5 sec (depending on the track) per lap faster in wet race than in wet qualifying.

I have F1 2010 AI Tool Kit, It is fantastic program that enabled you to change AI braking and cornering, wet and dry weather compensation, aggressiveness. I was hoping someone would replicate it for F1 2011 but it never showed up.Below is the developement member group

F1 2010 AI Tool Kit is Developed by Team AI.

Members of this Group are
1. Orion2001
2. Koeloe
3. George Wiseman
4. Little Master
5. Ryder25
6. Syed Hussaini

Thanks to

Syed Hussaini - F1 2010 AI Tool Kit application Designer and Developer.
George Wiseman - AI Fuel Sim & Behaviour, Track Testing/Modification
Orion - Light Rain in Career, Track Testing/Modification
Koeloe - Track Testing/Modification
Little Master - Track Testing/Modification
Ryder25 - Database Command Line converter
_DI - Superb qualifying settingsfor all tracks
Luh-Koala - Database Flashback Mod.
Dave Kaye - Member for short time and also for Track Testing/Modification
M4MKey - Auto Save Fix
Markus - Frustration Mod
Author of Binxml commandline converter.

I have F1 2010 AI Tool Kit, It is fantastic program that enabled you to change AI braking and cornering, wet and dry weather compensation, aggressiveness. I was hoping someone would replicate it for F1 2011 but it never showed up.Below is the developement member group

F1 2010 AI Tool Kit is Developed by Team AI.

Members of this Group are
1. Orion2001
2. Koeloe
3. George Wiseman
4. Little Master
5. Ryder25
6. Syed Hussaini

Thanks to

Syed Hussaini - F1 2010 AI Tool Kit application Designer and Developer.
George Wiseman - AI Fuel Sim & Behaviour, Track Testing/Modification
Orion - Light Rain in Career, Track Testing/Modification
Koeloe - Track Testing/Modification
Little Master - Track Testing/Modification
Ryder25 - Database Command Line converter
_DI - Superb qualifying settingsfor all tracks
Luh-Koala - Database Flashback Mod.
Dave Kaye - Member for short time and also for Track Testing/Modification
M4MKey - Auto Save Fix
Markus - Frustration Mod
Author of Binxml commandline converter.

They lost the code of the program. I used it for F1 2010 and it was great. Although it doesn't work very well for F1 2011. The files with breaking points and etc contain new settings so I edit them manually.

As for LilStamp7, the problem is not in the mod. It's from you. You're doing something wrong. And if your game crashes it just can't be from such mod. It had a problem with crashes but it was due to my mistake, it was fixed and V1,01 just can't crash your game. Think what other mods you've installed. It's from them.

They lost the code of the program. I used it for F1 2010 and it was great. Although it doesn't work very well for F1 2011. The files with breaking points and etc contain new settings so I edit them manually.

I did not understand what you meant to say (translation problems). From what I understand this tool (which is what I referred to myself) does not work with F1 2011, but wishing you could manually edit the parameters in F1 2011, which modified the tool.
I understand it would be really great because we would have even more advanced AI.

I did not understand what you meant to say (translation problems). From what I understand this tool (which is what I referred to myself) does not work with F1 2011, but wishing you could manually edit the parameters in F1 2011, which modified the tool.
I understand it would be really great because we would have even more advanced AI.

It IS edited in V2.0. The AI is more advanced and etc..

It's not a shame for them it was shame for Codemasters they can't make the game right for 2nd time
I wish they can put some better in 12

They have limitations, that's their biggest problem. I personally think both games are great, they just need touches to be flawless. With all the mods and etc F1 2010 was an awesome game. This one is better in every aspect but it's just too buggy. When you clear most of the bugs - it's an awesome game.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 62 88.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 21 30.0%