[Released] kristiannn's AI Mod v1.0

How would you not do F12012 season.
The AI ​​ MOD?

There are too many mods for the new season and I don't like to start working on something I can't do in my way. We can't change the shape of the cars = old cars = no new season. Changing a few names and such things won't do a whole new season. If everything can't be perfect I don't start working on it.

Was wondering if these things that bug me a little could be addressed in career...
1. I never get engine, gearbox or hydraulic failures. Just Kers or DRS and puncture. A couple of these failures in a season would be more realistic!
2. Engine wear, i never have to change an engine. I don't think it ever falls below 95% for any engine

or am i addressing something that's an old story that can't be altered!!?

Was wondering if these things that bug me a little could be addressed in career...
1. I never get engine, gearbox or hydraulic failures. Just Kers or DRS and puncture. A couple of these failures in a season would be more realistic!
2. Engine wear, i never have to change an engine. I don't think it ever falls below 95% for any engine

I can't do such things. I've got only one engine failure since I play the game and it wasn't even on career. I don't know why but CM have made the engines invincible. There were a lot of gearbox failures @ 2011 and they haven't even implemented such thing into the game.

I think he means the brake_distance modifiers aka Braking points for AI ;)
As for the grip: Changing the tarmac grip requires an adjustment of the ai_vehicle_track files, as the slow down more than the player does. So if you want to do a grip mod, then I suggest you do it first, cause otherwise you'll have to do the trackfiles twice.
And for the wet conditions: I tried editing wet grip apart from dry grip without any luck. With reducing the drip, the gap between dry and wet always stayed the same. But that doesn't mean you won't find a way. My testing on that wasn't really extensive.
And while you're at it: Maybe you'll find a way to fix players' grip gap between wet races and wet qualifying. The player can go 1 to 1.5 sec (depending on the track) per lap faster in wet race than in wet qualifying.

I know I'll have to do the track files twice but this is only an AI mod. I won't include such things here. I may release a second separated from this mod. Something like F1 2011 Realism Enchanter which should include such things. But for now - I'll need to release this one and then thinking of anything else.

We can only have Engine Failure in this game and about Engine wear we cannot control it

I think he means the brake_distance modifiers aka Braking points for AI ;)
As for the grip: Changing the tarmac grip requires an adjustment of the ai_vehicle_track files, as the slow down more than the player does. So if you want to do a grip mod, then I suggest you do it first, cause otherwise you'll have to do the trackfiles twice.
And for the wet conditions: I tried editing wet grip apart from dry grip without any luck. With reducing the drip, the gap between dry and wet always stayed the same. But that doesn't mean you won't find a way. My testing on that wasn't really extensive.
And while you're at it: Maybe you'll find a way to fix players' grip gap between wet races and wet qualifying. The player can go 1 to 1.5 sec (depending on the track) per lap faster in wet race than in wet qualifying.

Okay so i've looked in 'ai_vehicle_track.xml', however, since ive never done this before, i've no idea what im looking at. its all just a bunch of numbers. lol.
RowingAce perhaps could you please help me to understand some of the values?
And by editing these values this will reduce the amount of traction and grip i have? (and will this affect the AI in the same way?)

Regards

Attachments

• ai_vehicle_track.png
    ai_vehicle_track.png
    199.6 KB · Views: 286
I want you to notice something else, probably not about your mod, but can be useful.
I noticed that the missing effect of the wake? have you noticed that?

Okay so i've looked in 'ai_vehicle_track.xml', however, since ive never done this before, i've no idea what im looking at. its all just a bunch of numbers. lol.
RowingAce perhaps could you please help me to understand some of the values?
And by editing these values this will reduce the amount of traction and grip i have? (and will this affect the AI in the same way?)

Regards

track files will be included in V2.0.. Just wait a little bit....

I want you to notice something else, probably not about your mod, but can be useful.
I noticed that the missing effect of the wake? have you noticed that?

What do you mean by "effect of the wake"?

I can't do such things. I've got only one engine failure since I play the game and it wasn't even on career. I don't know why but CM have made the engines invincible. There were a lot of gearbox failures @ 2011 and they haven't even implemented such thing into the game.

Try in database event, all is 0, i put 1 in event driver, tracks etc... And i have many failure, engines, tyres etc...But i use falcon mod not yours so i dont know if other xlm modification are important for it or not.

Try in database event, all is 0, i put 1 in event driver, tracks etc... And i have many failure, engines, tyres etc...But i use falcon mod not yours so i dont know if other xlm modification are important for it or not.

but the mod you speak of also changes the braking distance for cars of AI?

@ kristiannn: Perhaps my question will be trivial but I must do it. Do your mod (v.1.01) works with patch 1.2?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.