Featured Reiza News!

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 12, 2018.

1. beedeetwelve

beedeetwelve

Ratings:
    +1
    Might make me an asshole but the semi-fictional cars were the only ones I was interested in them porting, cuz VR.

2. Zuffenhausen Weiss

Zuffenhausen Weiss

Ratings:
    +83
  3. Yapci

Yapci

Ratings:
    +265
    Reiza news announcement: we got no news to announce yet.

Thank you:roflmao:

I really hoped they suddenly announced an early access version of the Reiza 20xx game, but hey still have not decided the physics-graphics engine. I love Reiza and backed them, but this sounds bad.. and is already a two years delay.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Kevin Bradley

Kevin Bradley

Ratings:
    +103
    I like the part about Reiza campaign backers and Automobilista season pass owners getting the rFactor2 content free (provided they own Rf2). That seems very sensible and fair, assuming I read that right?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Conrad Miller

Conrad Miller

Ratings:
    +60
    Season pass owners also get it free???
    "both Reiza Campaign backers as well as Membership pack owners "

Membership pack owners = season pass owners?

Can you please clarify this to me?

6. Kevin Bradley

Kevin Bradley

Ratings:
    +103
    Yeah, sorry , probably the wrong terminology used here. By this I meant those that brought all the dlc packs for automobilista upfront in one go before they were all released. Is that what they mean or are they referring to something else?

7. Zuffenhausen Weiss

Zuffenhausen Weiss

Ratings:
    +83
    Membership Pack aka "Reiza Membership ALL-INCLUSIVE Package"

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kevin Bradley

Kevin Bradley

Ratings:
    +103
    Yep, that's the one I meant. Thanks for the clarification. I thought it was called something else for some reason.

9. numbersevenhull

numbersevenhull

Ratings:
    +28
    They could actually do a lot worse than just sticking with the same engine.

Refine the game down to three full seasons with a full set of historically accurate tracks - for example 90's British touring cars, and F1 season anything 75-99, a full V8 Supercars season, SuperGT season. Structure the online with a schedule, seasons, leagues, tables, voice chat, rankings, works off the bat without having to learn port forwarding.

I'd love that more than I would ambient occlusion, but do correct me if anyone is currently enjoying ACC on triples?. But hey, gamers and their graphics !!! I get it, but honestly, no amount of eye candy comes close to providing the thrill of turning corners in AMS. I hope their is a solution that doesn't compromise the AMS DNA

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Dethrone1427

Dethrone1427

Ratings:
    +112
    Yes!!!!

11. rbt52

rbt52

Ratings:
    +6
    It's Q4-2018, we still haven't decided on an engine: better refer to it as Reiza "201x" just in case we are not finished with it by December. :rolleyes: There's optimism, and then there's Reiza.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin
    Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    I've learned to appreciate what I have here and now.
    So many living within announcements the future has almost become a tangible item for sale.
    I respect Reiza they put out a good product, I'll smile when whatever is coming is on Steam for sale.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,356
    [​IMG]

14. John-Eric Saxén

John-Eric Saxén

Ratings:
    +831
    Finished by December? They mentioned they target 2019 now, so even December 2019 would be a nice surprise. I think setting a target date or even year is frankly a bit useless, it doesn't seem to be working even for the big studios, let alone indie developers.

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +226
    That would have to be Reiza "20xx" to fulfil your suggestion. I am waiting to see what the actual announcements are before worrying about whether it is possible before the end of 2019.

• Like Like x 1
  16. tr1v1um

tr1v1um

Ratings:
    +41
    A cooperation by my two favorite sim devs can only be a good thing in my book. Very much looking forward to the DLC, even if it isn't my desired historic trackpack.

It is also funny that people slack of Reiza for delays, as if they haven't delivered anything. Boot up AMS and check if you guys are for real, because we are talking the developer of the best package out there, when it comes to variety of content and features. The benchmark date for the next title might be optimistic, but who cares? Are people here all going to die in the next five years?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. rallysmo

rallysmo

Ratings:
    +7
    for me this sound like a political speech, at the end just say the same stuff already know

18. Dethrone1427

Dethrone1427

Ratings:
    +112
    TBH I don't really care as long as we get the chance of an EA with the title .I'm more than happy to help again with feedback, as I'm sure most on this thread also did with AMS, I know you did too Marc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. David Wright

David Wright

Ratings:
    +406
    IMO you are wrong. The PC tyre model for example is technically very impressive

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/inside-project-cars-seta-tire-model/

This has the stuff Kunos are only now adding to ACC. Of course, just because you have a very complex tyre model doesn't mean it gives you perfect results, and the SMS SETA tyre model is the least mature tyre model and we know how long iRacing, ISI and Kunos have spent trying to perfect their tyre models. But there are lots of other examples of how PC2 is intending to have top level physics. Engine power, drag and downforce are all affected by track altitude. Active aerodynamics are modelled. Brake temperatures are simulated at the disc surface and the disc core. For the dampers you can set the transition force where the dampers move from slow to fast dampers.

And while you may not consider it physics - the Livetrack 3 system is really ambitious.

Does it need more refinement? IMO yes but to me it shows how SMS are pushing the simulation side and not just the graphics.

But having said all this I'd be surprised if SMS would license their engine.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Conrad Miller

Conrad Miller

Ratings:
    +60
    So I own the "Reiza Membership ALL-INCLUSIVE Package - UPGRADE"
    Does this also count toward the free bundle?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.