Featured Reiza News!

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports Premium

Ratings:
    +1,466
    My comment was nothing more than a hope & dream as I feel they are very talented team that could develope there own engine, tho I totally understand the staff, time and funds needed to produce something like that....especially when the avg. Player base per month is only around a 100 players for the past 2 yrs.

Maybe Pauls day 1 sim expo review with the photo of Renato talking to Marco could be a glimpse of the future? Lol :)

2. whip

whip

Ratings:
    +98
    please don't use the rf2 engine unless you want your new game to look and run like crap

the physics engine sure, but that's all you should use if you go that route

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans
    Studio 397

Ratings:
    +1,287
    Reiza Studios made all aspects of the new DLC for rF2 themselves. Of course Studio 397 supported them, answering questions.

• Like Like x 4
    • Beer Beer x 2
  4. Dethrone1427

Dethrone1427

Ratings:
    +105
    I must agree. Visually the game is left wanting compared to others on the market today, most other sims run absolutely fine on my rig but RF2 I get alot of FPS drops and yeah, it's not that pretty. The ffb is good, and that does count for something, but then again the ffb is good in RRRE and AMS and visually, I feel, both are superior. But that's just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. FernandoAFM

FernandoAFM
    Fernando Mattos Premium

Ratings:
    +92
    It’d be cool to have the Argentinean TC 2000 championship. I remember really enjoying the demo of that ISI-engine game, even though I never bought it.

I also would love to have the 2005 Stock Car Brasil season, as I think those cars looked really cool and bring back childhood memories.

I wouldn’t mind if Reiza did a fictional version of the old Rio F1 GP either (a street track)!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dethrone1427

Dethrone1427

Ratings:
    +105
    A fictional street track would be AWESOME! I'd love to see the track design team just go off on one and just create something totally fictional and use their imaginations.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +221
    Sure, if you don't want any other tracks for a year while they model everything required for a complex street track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dethrone1427

Dethrone1427

Ratings:
    +105
    You must be a riot at parties.

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 2
  9. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,312

• Haha Haha x 2
  10. Timberwind

Timberwind

Ratings:
    +0
    Will the old Automobilista content be ported over to their new project or only partially? One could assume it, but I didn't feel like it was a clear cut statement.

I am not entirely convinced about the physics in Automobilista in one aspect mostly. When oversteering and braking it seems to stabilize the car. It then likes to stop or crash at exactly 90 degrees. It is clearly off and I do agree with Spin/Spinello's countless posts on this topic. And while I try to get more of an idea what is happening exactly and where the error could stem from in the first place, I am afraid this is an engine thing which is not trivially to be solved and is not some kind of typo. Perhaps the way the gmotor engine makes some of the calculations or interpolates data causes this. But this topic requres more of a seperate discussion.

Conspiracy theory alert:
    They wanted to license Rfactor 2 engine, but either saw it underperforming for their needs or another company like Kunos made a very good offer which changed the plan.

But I disbelieve 2019 will be a proper release date. While physics and modelling work takes a significant amount of time, all the small issues within the game and its engine itself take really long to solve.

11. sektorao

sektorao
    Premium

Ratings:
    +0
    It does not in formula trainer.

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +221
    Or many others...

13. Timberwind

Timberwind

Ratings:
    +0
    When I get oversteer in the Stock Car V8 I can lift off the gas and countersteer like expected, or I slam the brake and stop the slide which should not happen, but upset the car even more. I need to investigate this further though.

14. Dethrone1427

Dethrone1427

Ratings:
    +105
    How long have you been playing the game? I find that when I play different sims that they really do have there own little feels and characteristics. AMS needing quite a delicate hand, AC has decent if quite a floating physics set, the car feeling like it's sat over the tarmac and not actually connected. RRRE is ok if a little numb. Pcars 2 physics to me feel like you really have to muscle and have a huge initial input to get the car turning into the corner with much less finesse compared to AMS. One of my friends is incredible at PCars 2 but absolutely hopeless with AMS due to being massively heavy handed and rotating the car too heavily on the way into the corner and generating MASSIVE turn in oversteer. Maybe just give it time? Or have you been playing for years??!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Timberwind

Timberwind

Ratings:
    +0
    Indeed I have not played too much, that is why I said I need to take a closer look at it and the observation's I made were with gamepad. So perhaps the fact the stick does not rotate on its own creates unnatural feeling behaviour.

16. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +512
    LOL! Sorry, even though gamepads are useful, you won't get much credibility about lack of realism from me when you don't use a FFB steering wheel.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. RallyeBoy

RallyeBoy

Ratings:
    +4
    I was going to make a funny comment but I really don't see the need. :)

18. wbgs_broadcasting

wbgs_broadcasting

Ratings:
    +0
    So what about Formula Truck racing, Well in the new version? I say this if there is no FT whats the point.

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +221
    Did someone say there is no FT in the new version?

• Like Like x 1
  20. wbgs_broadcasting

wbgs_broadcasting

Ratings:
    +0
    No one said there will be any lol so yeah.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.