Red Bull 2019 F1 Livery Revealed

Seriously though...this is the 2018 car. I thought the red stripe was for Honda, but apparently it was there last season as well.

8c66774d279bb65eb38ce0aa8a53e63a.jpg

With the Aston Martin connection, honestly thought some green would eventually find its way onto the livery. No green since 2014 Caterham, and I'm not counting the little stripes from Mercedes or Force India. Every season, Blue, Red, Black, or White.

They simply don't have the ( )( ) to do it. And then people talk about Williams. If Red Bull goes like this year after year...

It may not be so different from last year’s (and years before), but I still like it. The Renault car is still my favorite from 2019 though:cool:. Let’s hope the car is fast and reliable enough so Max can fight with Lewis and Sebastian for the WC. That’s much more important than a new painting scheme!:D

It's good that Red Bull kept with the same livery, It'll make it easier to spot them struggling in the mid field with their Honda powerplant:thumbsup:. I feel sorry for Max, no WDC this year, or next, shame really.:notworthy:

There seems to be two general approaches F1 teams take to livery design:
  1. Experiment every couple years and/or change with the sponsors (Williams and McLaren for example)
  2. Make subtle changes to a general theme/color palette to establish a clear identity; Ferrari being the most famous example.
the-evolution-of-the.jpg

Red Bull may be relatively new to the game, but nothing's wrong with trying to establish their own unique identity. Hardly anyone knocks Ferrari for running red cars with subtle variations in black and/or white trim every year for 60+ years...and basically the first 20 years were only red. Maybe RBR is trying to keep it simple for their first 20 years too? :D

Last edited:
They simply don't have the ( )( ) to do it. And then people talk about Williams. If Red Bull goes like this year after year...

Can we just get something straight here, Williams have changed livery for new sponsor.....
Having said that not sure why no Honda on it, i mean that is what powers the thing... Aston maybe objected?
Is there anything on that car that is anything to do with Aston aside from a sticker?

If that Honda engine breaks down like last few seasons then pretty sure Aston won't like the connection of the brand and a busted car..... pretty sure we'll see HONDA on it by end of the season if that is the case..

Can we just get something straight here, Williams have changed livery for new sponsor.....
Having said that not sure why no Honda on it, i mean that is what powers the thing... Aston maybe objected?
Is there anything on that car that is anything to do with Aston aside from a sticker?

If that Honda engine breaks down like last few seasons then pretty sure Aston won't like the connection of the brand and a busted car..... pretty sure we'll see HONDA on it by end of the season if that is the case..
Now you mention, strange they don't do anything to promote the engine manufacturer. Especially after their claim earlier, that they partially are a works Honda team now. This feels like, yes we are not really confident about the engine, let's keep TAG heuer wirstbands company on the engine cover.
Make a damn statement, put Honda on there big time, would make the Japanese part of the engineering symbiosis more proud too.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back