Red Bull 2019 F1 Livery Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Red Bull 2019 F1 2.jpg

The Red Bull team have revealed their new 2019 Formula One livery prior to the start of pre-season testing.

Joining rivals Alfa Romeo in revealing a new car livery in Spain, the Red Bull team have taken the wraps off of their 2019 Formula One car following its initial debut in a special one-off red design - revealing the more traditional Red Bull colour scheme that Formula One fans have become used to in recent seasons.. but in matte.

Now powered by the same Honda engine as sister outfit Toro Rosso, and with young Frenchman Pierre Gasly joining Max Verstappen behind the wheel, it could be a big year ahead for the former World Champion team.

Red Bull 2019 F1 1.jpg

For more from the world of Formula One, head over to the RaceDepartment Formula One sub forum and join in with fellow fans of the top level of open wheel motorsport.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

What an absolute yawn-fest. F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle of motor racing. The pinnacle of technology maybe, but certainly no innovation whatsoever in terms of liveries. Same boring poo, different season.

Wake me up when someone dares to do something different. :sleep:

Why change what looks good?
Because in my opinion it doesn't look good. It looked ok when the general colour scheme was first introduced, but after X years it starts to get very stale.

It's strange because in the world of advertising, brands routinely change their look and feel in order to grab people's attention, and appear fresh and appealing. Yet in F1, teams stick with the same old liveries for years on end, boring us to death instead.

That's a matter of taste. I prefer when they keep their identity, like in Super GT or Nascar.

I am not a fan of RedBull's but their livery is very good and I think it's great they stick to it.

What an absolute yawn-fest. F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle of motor racing. The pinnacle of technology maybe, but certainly no innovation whatsoever in terms of liveries. Same boring poo, different season.

Yea tell me about it. Very disappointing in general, it's almost as if they are too afraid to do something different to the previous year.

Is it just me or does this year feel like dejavu, you could make a kiddies F1 phone game, spot the difference :)

The funny thing is that if Marlboro could still appear as sponsor everyone would be happy to have a McLaren in that classic design...
Inb4 "I wouldn't" Joes appear so they can feel different.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 120 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000