Resource icon

MGP17 Realistic gear ratios and brake force for MotoGP class v99a

Login or Register an account to download this content
standard folder changes (AI bikes):
defaultmotogp.bml: brakeforce/rearbrakeforce - gear ratios - upshitfttime/downshifttime (seamless) - LCS (launch control system)
every single file/bike inside standard/motogp_17: brakeforce/rearbrakeforce - gear ratios

please DeinGott, you ask a lot of questions, which answers can be found already around here... use a little more of your time finding your answers so I can use more of mine improving my mod ;)

standard folder changes (AI bikes):
defaultmotogp.bml: brakeforce/rearbrakeforce - gear ratios - upshitfttime/downshifttime (seamless) - LCS (launch control system)
every single file/bike inside standard/motogp_17: brakeforce/rearbrakeforce - gear ratios

please DeinGott, you ask a lot of questions, which answers can be found already around here... use a little more of your time finding your answers so I can use more of mine improving my mod ;)

Ok, no problem :thumbsup:

surfer78z updated Realistic gear ratios and brake force for MotoGP class with a new update entry:

Realistic Tyre Grip and Bike's engine power and aerodynamics

Update v0.99 notes:

- Tyre Grip: adjusted to match real corner speed (all tyres for all conditions. Warning! Grip values still not adjusted for all surfaces outside track boundaries)
- Engine power and bike aerodynamics: adjusted to match real top speed.
- Some other minor changes (small adjustments in gear ratios, LCS and Front Tyre Decay).

Now lap times are very very close to real life (tested Losail, Catalunya, COTA, Mugello, Assen, Argentina & Jerez. At...

Read the rest of this update entry...

surfer78z submitted a new resource:

Realistic gear ratios and brake force for MotoGP class - gear ratios brake force motogp

Read more about this resource...
Amazing mod! Finally it's easier to commit lowside crash and braking points are more realistic!
Just a question: I always use the Suzuki, and even with the shortest final ratio, the shortest 1st gear reachs 156kmh, I think it's hard to manage in short circuits, like Jerez or Sachsenring for example. It could be nice to have the chance to choose shorter low gears, I really like the behaviour now! It's however still frustrating watching to the AI going 1-2 seconds slower, even with this mod. Great work!

Amazing mod! Finally it's easier to commit lowside crash and braking points are more realistic!
Just a question: I always use the Suzuki, and even with the shortest final ratio, the shortest 1st gear reachs 156kmh, I think it's hard to manage in short circuits, like Jerez or Sachsenring for example. It could be nice to have the chance to choose shorter low gears, I really like the behaviour now! It's however still frustrating watching to the AI going 1-2 seconds slower, even with this mod. Great work!

Thanks for your comment!
Regarding the gear ratios I recommend watching real onboard laps with telemetry, then learn the gear for every corner and do the same while playing the game using manual transmission, it's what I do. At Sachsenring real pilots don't use 1st gear, neither at Jerez, well, maybe at turn 6 (dry sack).
As for the AI, I know I know, I'm working on it. I'm going to upload right now a new Mod Update (v99a) which includes ideal lap times (qualifying AI times) for every single track (dry conditions), and also AI ready to race at Losail (it's not the final version, I'll adjust their pace at every corner to make the races more enjoyable). Also I have adjusted the tyre decay, now soft tyres life is a lot shorter and medium/hard tyres are a real option for the race.
But currently I'm focused in the track times, with the current version of the mod there are 10 tracks where the lap times are very close to the real ones (less than 0,5% off, that's less than half a second/lap), then Sachsenring, Brno and Silverstone are a bit off (1,8% to 2,5%, that's about 2 seconds/lap), but I've discovered a pattern and I think I know how to improve even further the track times for every single track. At tracks with long corners my times are faster than real life ones, and at stop & go tracks (Motegi, Spielberg) my times are slower. So I'm testing stronger brake force with less side grip to see what happens.

And now a question for all players using this mod:
1 - Do you prefer AI to perform just as in real life or do you want more randomness? try a qualy/race @ Losail, then tell me what you think.

surfer78z updated Realistic gear ratios and brake force for MotoGP class with a new update entry:

Ideal track times, tyre decay, rider skills, and AI for Losail (not final)

v99a:

- Added ideal track times for every single track @ dry conditions, this is for AI qualy times.
- AI optimized for Losail (only race lap times, I'll plan to improve AI pace for every corner)
- Adjusted tyre decay, now soft tyres life is a lot shorter and medium/hard are a real option for the race (I still need further testing with medium/hard tyres, maybe buff them).
- Adjusted rider skills (this is for the player), if you see something wrong tell me and I'll fix it.
- Tyre grip...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for your comment!
Regarding the gear ratios I recommend watching real onboard laps with telemetry, then learn the gear for every corner and do the same while playing the game using manual transmission, it's what I do. At Sachsenring real pilots don't use 1st gear, neither at Jerez, well, maybe at turn 6 (dry sack).
As for the AI, I know I know, I'm working on it. I'm going to upload right now a new Mod Update (v99a) which includes ideal lap times (qualifying AI times) for every single track (dry conditions), and also AI ready to race at Losail (it's not the final version, I'll adjust their pace at every corner to make the races more enjoyable). Also I have adjusted the tyre decay, now soft tyres life is a lot shorter and medium/hard tyres are a real option for the race.
But currently I'm focused in the track times, with the current version of the mod there are 10 tracks where the lap times are very close to the real ones (less than 0,5% off, that's less than half a second/lap), then Sachsenring, Brno and Silverstone are a bit off (1,8% to 2,5%, that's about 2 seconds/lap), but I've discovered a pattern and I think I know how to improve even further the track times for every single track. At tracks with long corners my times are faster than real life ones, and at stop & go tracks (Motegi, Spielberg) my times are slower. So I'm testing stronger brake force with less side grip to see what happens.

And now a question for all players using this mod:
1 - Do you prefer AI to perform just as in real life or do you want more randomness? try a qualy/race @ Losail, then tell me what you think.

Thanks for your work, you're getting the point with this mod! Actually I'm learning how to use your gear "philosophy" and I have to admit that it's pretty funny. I can take advantage of the torque at low rpm and I can even do the "head trick" while exiting from the corner! Speaking about laptimes, the game's physic allows you to lean too much fast while doing chicanes or fast line changing (example: Austin T1), where a real bike take its time to move the weight from a side to another. The virtual rider here seems to be a little bit too strong. With the previous version of your mod I was able to ride in 1:51:743 at Losail with the Suzuki, now i can ride in 1:53:143, AI going in 53.8xx. Excellent work! But I can't cover the race distance with any tyre choise, tried in Qatar, 6 laps race, front medium/rear hard, the rear one wears quickly, at the 4 lap was compeltely gone.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back