The Mod (current version v0.99a):
Basically I changed some parameters based on real telemetry (only MotoGP class):
- Gear ratios: longer 1st gear and adjusted all the others. Now you can make use of 1st gear like riders do in real life (i.e. Circuit of the Americas turns 12, 13, 14, 15 http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2017/03/09/onboard-lap-circuit-of-the-americas/220464 this is imposible to reproduce with the original game, now it's a joy). Default gear ratios/final gear adjusted for every track.
- Brake force: reduced, ajusted to match real braking reference points.
- Gearbox shift time: reduced to match seamless gearbox.
- LCS (Launch Control System): adjusted to match real MotoGP acceleration.
- Tyre Grip/Decay: adjusted to match real corner speed (all tyres for all conditions. (Medium/Hard tyres grip need further testing)
- Engine power and bike aerodynamics: adjusted to match real top speed.
- AI qualifying times for every track (dry conditions only)
- AI race pace for Losail.
Now lap times are more realistic, overall gameplay has improved, feels more natural and fluid. The bikes feel easier to ride but at the same time it's very difficult to beat the real track records. I like it. (tested only in PRO physics and MANUAL TRANSMISSION, no helps, I play with keyboard)
With the current version of the mod there are 10 tracks where the lap times are very close to the real ones (less than 0,5% off, that's less than half a second/lap), then Sachsenring, Brno and Silverstone are a bit off (1,8% to 2,5%, that's about 2 seconds/lap), but I've discovered a pattern and I think I know how to improve even further the track times for every single track. At tracks with long corners my times are faster than real life ones, and at stop & go tracks (Motegi, Spielberg) my times are slower. So I'm testing stronger brake force with less side grip to see what happens.
The changes in the Brake Force caused the AI to overshoot some very slow corners after long straights, I'm currently fixing this issue.
Also made changes in some MotoGP rider skills (i.e. Zarco's Agressivity - original game: 0,3 / mod 1,0)
Feedback and constructive criticism is always welcome.
1. Backup the original data.mix file (.../motogp 17/data.mix)
2. Extract "data.mix" from .rar file
3. Replace original data.mix with it
This mod only works in offline modes! Changes at data.mix invalidate the game for online gameplays.
This is my first mod (well, tbh it's the 2nd one, the 1st was a sound mod for RBR, Sainz/Moya audio pace notes, which I did many many years ago, very funny indeed )
I'm always looking for realistic mods and since I started playing the MotoGP game series I noticed that there wasn't any of them fixing the original gear ratios, so I decided to make a new one from scratch.
Dyego JhOu http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mgp-bml-file-editor.10939/