RDRC Season 4 Rules discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one recommendation for Season 4. BTB stages. I recommend not using BTB stages and using the "converted" stages (Peklo, Sweet Lamb, Mlynky, etc.) instead of the BTB stages, that way we would keep non-original RBR stages (i mean stages made by people that don't come in the original RBR) and have less problems regarding PC crashes, lagg, strange time penalties, etc.

I say this because :

BTB stages have problems with most computers some times.

Some people can't run BTB stages at all. (i include myself in that group)

This is just a recommendation :)

Also i think the power stage idea sounds very interesting.

Good luck on season 4, i really enjoyed season 3

Can we have the current WRC specs cars, the A8W-11 pack cars.. it will be fun to drive those.

Also, let there be WRC manufacturers like team points too, if possible. Will be exciting to watch the teams clashing like in real world! I can do some volunteered official duty, if it is okay with the organizers to ease out any excessive work loads!

Also, let there be WRC manufacturers like team points too, if possible. Will be exciting to watch the teams clashing like in real world!
I think this would be a great addition! :thumbs: . The only problem would be that some manufactures are in some classes that others aren't. (e.g. We have Ford on Junior, Production and A Class; but Citroen is only on the A Class; etc etc.) Unless we would have a manufacture championship for each class

And I support Warren's idea of Realistic & Cumulative Damage

I don't mind the idea of running with realistic/cumulative damage in the league next season. But just as long as we do whats right to keep the majoriity of people interested in the league. I think everyone will agree this is most important for our community.

It goes without saying this change will most likely result in more retirements. Now I am all for change, but the only thing I must say is although we have been testing realistic damage in rally club events. Where we have services to repair/change tyres after every stage. When this is put into an actual event over 14 stages, with varying weather conditions or surfaces. We will all inevitably have to make tyre choices which will not suit all stages between services, and this is when I think we will see more people struggle with barely any margin for error due to the realistic/cumulative damage. That being said, I can see many people relishing the more realistic challenging approach to the league. And I think I'm one of them. Just trying to see things from both sides. :)

Is there even a rough idea when S4 will start, we talking kinda before the end of February or maybe later than that? Also is it being considered to change the A class cars? Not that I'm saying they need to be changed.

EDIT: Love the idea for the power stage, if it wouldn't be too much extra work. Can hardly imagine a rally without one after this years WRC. :D

I think the R3 pack cars should not be allowed in J class(assuming we are using the same car classes as this season), and i'm not just saying that cause Jani beat me in one. The R3s are way faster than the A6s and A6ks and have 2000cc engines where as the A6s only have 1600cc. If anything the R2 cars should be included instead as they are more in line with A6 specs.

to minimize admin work, I would do the following changes:

three classes as in real life: WRC, N2000 and Junior with 1.600cc (I'm hopeless with these technical specs, hope you know what I mean)
only three event days (Sat, Sun, Mon), everyone should be able to choose one of 12 sessions, results up earliest by Thursday noon
only three driver levels: pro, intermediate, rookie cars need to be picked from the corresponding class
compulsory testing of all chosen BTB and other add on stages before season (before entry for late entries), if a player does not give his ok for each and every stage, he cannot participate. to do this, there is a test event with the usual 12 sessions in which all extra stages are run online to see if they all work online for everyone. late entries have to make do with running them on their own pc

I think this way, admin work can be minimized

I also favour some sort of slightly tougher, maybe even randomized penalty for DNFs (would be more like real life), though how to do this without extra admin work, I have no clue
also, the stages should not be posted earlier than Friday before the event, real life drivers also only have one shakedown, while some guys here do every track time and time again, which is not realistic at all.

Here is a little teaser for the season 4 rules just to give you all an idea of where we are going.

1- Realistic/cumulative damage will be used.
2- Only Original format stages will be used. (No BTB stages, but will include stages like sweet lamb, Peklo etc)
3- Grade qualifiying criteria is being changed.
4- Car classes are being changed. A8W11 will be introduced, only for an ELITE grade above grade 1. The J-RDRC and Rookie classes will be dropped and replaced with S-RDRC and P-RDRC classes, but we will run a 2WD class open to drivers from any grade.
5- First round should start late January

Hope this keeps you all interested in the mean time;)

Sounds groovy, will I be able to use the aw811? (I think I was 5th in class WRC and 10th overall..Hope so cos the only way I wanna go after wrc is Group B lmao).

2 wheel drive = rear-wheel drive??? ;)

Anywhooo have a great crimbo Rick

jc

3- Grade qualifiying criteria is being changed.
4- Car classes are being changed. A8W11 will be introduced, only for an ELITE grade above grade 1. The J-RDRC and Rookie classes will be dropped and replaced with S-RDRC and P-RDRC classes, but we will run a 2WD class open to drivers from any grade.

So I'm trying to figure out what class I would be in. I have only ran the Wales GB rally in the J/FWD class and I got 2nd in class and 17th overall. Now going into Season 4 which classes would I be allowed to drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back