RDRC Season 4 Rules discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you testing these cars under Championship conditions?
ie. Realistic, Cumulative Damage, and one run only (not hotlapping with multiple restarts)?

Yes, i have tested them in championship conditions and in different championships.

From a personal point of view, as a Grade 1 driver, I don't have any issues, even if the Grade 2 drivers had a car with a slight performance advantage. I would see myself competing with the other Grade 1 drivers, and if I have to work a little harder against Grade 2 drivers, that is good for me and the Championship. I don't believe that Grade 1 drivers should have ALL of the odds stacked in their favour, it should come down to driver skill and consistency over the full Championship.
Maybe I'm different.

No idea how that's good for the championship but ok, as an example you can see our current champion who won the championship not by winning many rounds but by consistency, now see the highest placed S2000 driver who was very very consistent too and he still finished behind the WRC champion because he had a slower car, in that case then they should give the S2000 cars to the World Rally drivers and the WRC cars to the S2000 drivers in the WRC. If the top drivers aren't going to drive the top cars, then they shouldn't be called "grade 1" they are meant to be fighting for the top possitions.

The grade 1 drivers should have the best car and everything in their favor to compete between themselves, that's why there are classes, so that everyone can compete against drivers with the same cars and the same skill, if someone except the grade 1 top drivers had better cars than the top drivers it would be much easier for them to get better results. That's why they are called grade 1. If you want a comparison of the old WRC cars and the new ones check the rallyesim championship results where both are allowed and there are drivers off all skill levels driving them both and see that the old cars win in almost every stage. And sorry but the new WRC cars haven't broken many records as people think. Here is an example from a stage in Rally México in 2010 and in 2011.

2010 - Ibarrilla stage best time with the old WRC cars was :

1 S. LOEB 18:18.3 0.0

2011 - Same stage with new cars time was :

1 S. LOEB 18:25.8 0.0

Conclusion, in some stages i admit the new WRC cars are a little faster than the old ones. In most stages the old WRC cars are faster than the others. Overall in all conditions, old WRC cars are faster than new WRC cars and if you have old WRC cars competing against new WRC cars, old ones will go faster, you need a big skill difference to compensate. IMHO i would give old cars to grade 1 drivers and new cars to the others.

Again, i'll go with whatever car i have to, that's an oppinion.

Happy new year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back