RDRC S9 Round 7 - Rally Scotland (26th April - 2nd May 2021)

Had some time this morning to run the first day before I head off to do some real-life stuff, here's an update.

I'm actually quite surprised by how things turned out today if I'm being completely honest. I smashed the front left and the radiator during shakedown and I wondered if I can even get to the end of the day in one piece.

Turns out, I can.
20210427084345_1.jpg

Smashed the car here during shakedown. Lesson immediately learned.

The car felt fast throughout the day despite running in the wet with hard tires (whoever came up with the itinerary of this event deserves a 30-minute penalty realistically). The Newhouse Bridge loop is one of my favorites to run in the game with the R2 Fiesta so to run it in this event with more power on tap was really fun. No major mistakes from SS1 to SS5, though I might've pushed the car a bit too much on the last stage.

20210427085111_1.jpg

Sorry PRSTYG, got your logo covered in mud once again :(

Mr. Mills is pretty much back on his rapping ways today, lowkey could outrun some cars with the speed of his pace note delivery. Reminded me a lot of this video.

Looking at the list of items that need to be repaired I don't think I need to take a time penalty to fix everything (no damage to the wheel geometry, surprise surprise :roflmao:). Will probably run the second day tonight if I'm not too tired.

20210427091434_1.jpg

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Another day one runner. opted for mediums which just about worked but they were deep in the red on the last, dry stage. Remembered to set the calls two clicks in advance which really helped a lot, Had a great slow clean run until almost the end of stage4 where there is this rock on the left hand side and a dodgy pacenote to go with it: smashed into it big time, tire and radiator damaged, limped home on three wheels, 21 secs for reset, the lot. Stage five with worn down tires and a broken engine went surprisingly well but at service I needed to pick up 2min. extra because before that ultra long last day I wanted to have all damage at least medium fixed. Hoping to do that final day over the weekend. Totally love the Scottish stages, haven't run them effectively since a short time after they came out, thx for reminding me of just how brill they are.

1064197AE8A779AEEBE607593E9AE7C303109872

9B7408302E02B51A03F6F421B120AA4A10C5F71E

33583911DFFE4E7E1D9857FBB7B109BBE298FB02

..:: PRESS RELEASE | MÜLLER MOTORSPORT | RALLY SCOTLAND ::..

After being silent during the Rally New Zealand we're back again for Rally Scotland.

Our goal was to bring the cars home, as we did all other rallies before. Get some points for the Teams Tables and bring both drivers into the Top 10 of RDRC-2.

Our drivers took their runs last night, starting with Paul in his Mitsubishi Lancer.
20210426184105_1.jpg

In the second sector of the opening stage Paul wrecked his radiator - excellent start into a 5-stage-run without service...
He kept the revs low, took early shifts and just had a spin on the third stage. He was very patient and tried to not damage the front of the car any further.
20210426185911_1.jpg

The engine kept going and the warn-lamp didn't show it's function. He made it to the service park without any engine issues. The car had some damage to the engine and turbo but got repaired without 'bonus time'.
20210426191813_1.jpg

Paul then attacked a bit but took it easy to not get the car damaged again that early. He made no mistakes during the night...
20210426192750_1.jpg

On the following 5 stages he made no mistakes and kept the car going...on the slippery ground with worn tires...
20210426200456_1.jpg

On SS12 he decided to play Ping-Pong on that narrow bridge and wrecked the car :mad:
PING:
20210426200728_1.jpg

PONG:
20210426200731_1.jpg

Over! All thrown away within seconds on a part where you have low speeds...

See it here:

Then it was Lutz in his Lancia Delta HF Integrale.
20210426210644_1.jpg

Lutz did a solid run, no maximum attack. Just one spin on SS7, nothing major to report. He was so concentrated he forgot to make many screenshots during his stream.
20210426215410_1.jpg

20210426220338_1.jpg

That's it for season 9 from Müller Motorsport so far. Let's see what the others can do - if they see the finish line :p

See Lutz's run here:

Ha, knew I wouldn't reach the end, dnf on stage 6 , started off ok then on stage 3 made a few mistakes going off track and a big barrel roll, on stage 4 i have started too lose power and just want too make it too the service but I go over a jump and hit a boulder head on and my engine is well knackered, decide too crawl on too stage 5 then it pops up it's best i retire as the engine is really struggling then I can't even move, doesn't help its mostly going uphill hehe but i keep playing with the throttle to get some kinda life and wo and behold its revving , barely tho but |'m on my way and crawl too the end of stage 5 taking a whopping 20 mins, at service it's all about priority and knew my car was too buckled too get too the finish, take a 2.20min penalty and off I struggle but I damage the car again and said I've had enough and retired. Wishing I'd made a better car choice but didn't wanna change as the season is quite short anyway, So roll on too S10 whenever that maybe, Thanks Ole and co for the work required for putting this together.

well.. this will be intense..

I was planning on doing the first half of the rally yesterday, but life meant that i have had it to easy in these challenging times so all of a sudden one of my teeth started hurting like if someone is hitting my upper jaw with a sledgehammer!
so yesterday i spent the evening in a dark room with painkillers and a soft pillow :p
Going to the dentist is insanely expensive in Norway, so me and my chronically bad teeth will have to wait for better financial times :p

This means that i have today, and maybe tomorrow to get things done since i am busy for the rest of the week..

Going live on Twitch.tv/joakimskalstad in a few minutes for those who might enjoy watching me make a fool of my self :p

well this is just my day :p

Started the rally and after 15 seconds on the first stage i had to end the stream and adjust all the graphics in the game since it suddenly was running under 20 fps!

Drove the rest of the stage but the fps never came back..
Tried different settings trough the next couple of stages and lost a bunch of time since the lack of fps made the car undriveable..

Just before stage 5 i tried rolling back the driver for my gpu and it helped a little..

So i just made it to service and the car is ready for second loop after 27 minutes of repairs

unless codemasters fixes the bug where you only have one spare wheel, even tough you chose two wheels at the start and also in the service-park.. i will not be a part of season 10..

This is just hilarious..

Made it to Stage 11 without major problems, had a small incident where the car clipped a ditch and punctured on the front right..

and since the game would not let me change the tire i kept going at maybe 80% throttle to spare the car..
Unfortunately in the last sector i slid of the road and punctured on the front left..
moments later this happened and i am seconds away from uninstalling this game..

20210427231552_1.jpg

Last edited:
It's only fitting that the season should end with me getting disqualified halfway through the final stage for literally not having enough power left from my broken car to even move anymore! :roflmao: If by the end of the rally it turns out I was in the top 20 after SS11 I will be sick.
Same here. Albeit not on the final stage, but the 5th. I had noted beforehand that maybe less than 20 people will reach the finish in RDRC2, so reaching the finish was the primary goal. (It's not i'd ever score a point on my own pace anyway, I think i have been last of the finishers in all but one of them).

Kept it really clean and then on a fast downhill section i put a wheel in a ditch and i did a 6-time barrel roll. Had to do one more stage untill repair. Did all of the latter part of stage 6 in first gear, cruising about, elbows out of the window, 1 handed steering. You know the drill.

But at the end of stage 6 there was a tiny little hill that the engine really wouldn't do.

Still, want to thank Ole and the rest of the organising team for the opportunity to race against the big boys. The magazines must be a hell of a job to make, but they're great reads. To thanks for all the efforts you guys are putting into it.
And thanks to my fellow competitors who make me realise there is a long way to go for me.

Last edited:
While I am really unsure what to do.

I get my new PC delivered tomorrow. However, I am unsure if I should finish RDRC (incl. magazines etc.) on my old PC, or if I should risk it, and go for my new PC where I can max out the graphics without any issues :p

So uhm anyway, sorry for the silence, and missing half the season. We were in the middle of redecorating our entire top floor. So when painting the walls etc, my gaming rig was unavailable. It always is more work and takes longer than expected, doesn't it? Biggest issue though near the end, i injured my shoulder, it isn't healed properly yet but i can move my arm above my shoulder again. Not having my right arm forced me to use my left more which obviously didn't like that... I am going to try to turn down FFB and go for this last rally. I haven't tested driving yet so should be fun.

My teammate though is a different story. He didn't tell me before but he told me after the missing the second rally that he has been having hart rhythm problems. Driving the rally like this was to stressfull and he dropped out.

Time for Scotland now i guess...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea