RDRC S9 Round 7 - Rally Scotland (26th April - 2nd May 2021)

welp, that went as expected. Right shoulder couldn't handle big steering movements. So i steered with left arm only. Couldn't paddle shift because of that so i used H pattern instead. Ooohh boy...
First day, picked mediums to see how far they would go, was terrible, plenty of smaller mistakes running wide etc... but at the last stage before service i completely missed a left right call and smacked into rocks sideways, losing both right side tires. Fixed the rear one. 4minutes lost on that stage alone. Service... lots of quick fix to avoid a penalty. Day 2, despite the game telling me that mediums wouldn't last, i went with a fresh set anyway. Did the night stage very carefully but..... rolled the car anyway. Tried saving as much tire as i could. Final 2 stages though, it was bad. The car tried helping me with the bald rears by cutting power from the engine after wrecking the radiator. I did make it across the finish line. Don't think there was any rubber left on those rears, just the metal wires.
C66B0B25ECA0CAC215EB4E6279F6E44835537488
BBAB597FBBD32552BD32A06A27ABEDAE8A608B42
4D9072E66F2BEF7F3203962EB4688FD967107AB7

@Thomas Lambaerts On my R5 Turbo the first 5 five stages were bearable on mediums, as the car was fairly predictable under my slow pace. It just understeered terribly on entry but held the boost kick fine (I had only used softs on all other events). So, I decided to keep on mediums, as I didn't expect them to degrade abruptly after that like softs do. A terrible choice.

By the second leg, mid SS11 it started to have a dangerous mix of chronic understeer followed by a sudden snap, due to heavily worn tyres. By SS12 I couldn't do anything about it from the first corner, so I either understeered and fell off the track (causing major damage on my first exit), or failed to grip the rear powering out of corners I even took special care to enter slowly to exit in a straighter line. Then I still hit logs and stuff not expecting to exit so wide. It was torture.

Best of luck to BlueSpearman for his green R5T run (oh, and all other crazy brave MR contenders :thumbsup: ).

PS: I tip my virtual hat to roth8588 on his 240Z temporary leading. One of the very few pad users I've had the pleasure to trade timetable positions on early runs.

Last edited:
Well I managed to keep it together so far until the end of SS7 of this hell of a rally. To celebrate the last event of the championship and hopefully the one where I'll get my first points, here's a few screenshots.

DiRT Rally 2_0_20210427131907-2.jpg
DiRT Rally 2_0_20210428194149.jpg
DiRT Rally 2_0_20210428193120.jpg

DiRT Rally 2_0_20210428193833.jpg

On the next picture I found a coin in this ditch, I think there was more so you should totally give it a try.
DiRT Rally 2_0_20210428193024.jpg

And here's a real Code Brown moment of SS7 at around 140 mph
DiRT Rally 2_0_20210428194453.jpg

Last rally of the season. Last rally for my PC! The last Huzzaah! It's going to be a proper send-off, most likely also literally!
As always, I am livestreaming my failures and drifting on YouTube! With wheel and input overlay, to really show how much I am messing around!

Ferdig! Finished! Finito!
That's it from me in RDRC S9, and that's it for "Pinky-Power" (which my PC is called). It's been an absolute blast! :)
Damn this last rally was hard.

Jack said he kinda liked the Stratos in Scotland I think.

Yeah I really liked the Stratos here. It shines on twisty gravel imho.

So did all stages today (real life dictated that I had to get them done by tonight :sleep:)

Day one:
Stages 1-3 I was feeling out the grip on the softs trying to keep a reasonable pace. Stage four I got too greedy in a hairpin and got my nose stuck in some "Rocks inside!". Lost a few seconds reversing out but no major damage luckily.

Day two:
Struggled in the dark, pace felt super slow.
Really enjoyed the golden afternoon light and dry gravel on stage seven.Slightly less grip on the mediums for day two but really got into the groove here.

Rainy stage eight made me slide off into the weeds on a hairpin, lost some seconds there. Mediums held up until midway stage 11, and by stage 12 car was very sideways.

Got to the end with no major issues so could prob have pushed a little harder, but very happy to have finished my first RDRC season. Thanks for all the work done by the team on the organising and the magazines, really really enjoyed the experience :thumbsup:

20210427231618_1.jpg

20210427231936_1.jpg

20210427232435_1.jpg

20210427232513_1.jpg

20210427232033_1.jpg

20210427232557_1.jpg

Of the 10 who have attempted to finish the rally in JRDRC so far, only 2 actually saw the final finish boards!

The second day is a killer without services, but I'm delighted to have got to the end of every rally this season (yes, I've covered every metre of season 9 in the junior class, as well as some bonus distance understeering round the outside of hairpins in Argentina and here on old tyres!). Whilst this sort of stint isn't that enjoyable to drive it may well have given me an advantage.

Some good battles with lots of you during the season, and thanks a lot to the organisers for putting it all together and doing all the magazines, the competition has really given me something to get my teeth into during the lockdowns here in the UK!

I hope my drive has sealed 4th in the championship and put some pressure on Edgars to reach the finish and ensure 3rd, good luck to the rest of you whilst I put my feet up and monitor the times ;)

sc1-01.jpeg
sc6-01.jpeg
sc4-01.jpeg

Day 1 completed.

So far it's been alright. Couple of mistakes but I'm glad I at least did not have a huge accident. This rally is so dangerous.
I was really suprised how wet and slippery it was. Trying to figure out how to drive on SS4 with worn tires on wet surface was really tough.
Not much damage to the car. It should be as good as new for the last 7 stages.
I really wonder how I will do on them. It's going to be one hell of a challenge.

The first half of Scotland, stages 1-5, went really well for me, no damage, save for barely scraping a rock costing a couple hundred to fix. Did that half last night, was just a little slow trying to make sure I hit my braking/turn in points.

Wellp....I probably should have stuck it out and finished the rest last night. I could rip my own eyes out, I'm so disappointed! Lol.

I somehow managed to flip my car near the beginning of Stage 6, right after the Service Station. Not sure what I did, but popped a tire off in the process and lost 1 minute there.

Stage 7, again managed to spin myself and almost careen off a cliff, first gear, full throttle wheel all the way to the right managed to save me! Then spent the next few stages sliding into ditches and spending I dunno how long getting to know their families and friends, you can imagine how much time I lost there! And don't think for a second all that ditch work and flipping like a dolphin didn't damage my poor Delta. Car was all but trashed by stage 7 after all the work we did digging ditches for our friends.

STILL...I did manage to finish, second place for now. Large gap from first to second so I'm sure someone will claim it soon enough! However, my saving grace is somehow managing to keep the car alive, finishing 2nd, and I set, iirc, a total of 6 of the fastest segments! And when I wasn't busy doing litter patrol in the ditches and tossing pieces of my car in the process, I was actually keeping up decently.

I fricken love rally.

Well that went horribly wrong really quick.

Introduced my front end to the logs at high speed halfway through SS6 after misjudging a fast corner, rendering the car undriveable and had to retire then. Didn't even think about taking screenshots, that's how pissed off I was at my mistake. Oh well, I guess I am gonna get paid in instant noodles after all.

That being said, I wanna say a massive thank you to the organizers for their incredible work this season. My first time joining a community championship and it's been a blast trying to catch up with the faster guys here. At least the game itself gave me points as consolation prizes :roflmao:.

I wish I had a printer so that I can print all the magazines for myself. Would be a good item to collect, and they're all good reads as well. The work being put into them is genuinely top-notch.

After logging 500+ hours into this godforsaken game, maybe it's time for me to hit the uninstall button now. Unless the organizers are planning to run the next season with the same game as well, I think it's time to make room for another game in my trusty hard drive. I heard the WRC games have been really good recently.

Thank you, and (hopefully) see you all next season!

I have just finished the first leg, and as usual I have made notes along the way :)

20210430120131_1.jpg

Showcasing my new scottish rims for the rally :D

ss01 - Outdrove the pacenotes on a series of fast corners leading into a tight corner, but saved it. Trying not to be a hero on the opening stages and avoid crashes.
ss02 - Hit a logpile early, but avoided the puncture. Got scared and drove way too safe after that.

20210430110612_1.jpg

ss03 - This one felt a bit better, found a better flow on this stage.
ss04 - The tires are starting to wear out, but I still felt like I could push a bit.

20210430111620_1.jpg

ss05 - The tires are shredded, incredibly difficult to estimate the understeer into the corners. But it still looks like an okay time :)

20210430112839_1.jpg

10 minutes of repairs is perfect to get the car back to 100% for the next leg.
Laying in 3rd at the time of writing, but there is still a lot of fast drivers left to drive. But I am happy with my performance so far regardless :)

20210430114110_1.jpg

Those rims would make William Wallace proud! :roflmao:
I have just finished the first leg, and as usual I have made notes along the way :)

View attachment 470294
Showcasing my new scottish rims for the rally :D

ss01 - Outdrove the pacenotes on a series of fast corners leading into a tight corner, but saved it. Trying not to be a hero on the opening stages and avoid crashes.
ss02 - Hit a logpile early, but avoided the puncture. Got scared and drove way too safe after that.

View attachment 470296

ss03 - This one felt a bit better, found a better flow on this stage.
ss04 - The tires are starting to wear out, but I still felt like I could push a bit.

View attachment 470297

ss05 - The tires are shredded, incredibly difficult to estimate the understeer into the corners. But it still looks like an okay time :)

View attachment 470298

10 minutes of repairs is perfect to get the car back to 100% for the next leg.
Laying in 3rd at the time of writing, but there is still a lot of fast drivers left to drive. But I am happy with my performance so far regardless :)

View attachment 470299

What a tough rally - got to the finish alive. Since we are dealing with an endurance rally this time and I've secured the overall victory, the goal was to get through without taking many risks and be as clean as possible. I was pretty clean until I suffered from two punctures which costed me some valuable time.

Puncture on SS5 after I slow rolled my car on a square right corner and another one on SS11 where I clipped a rock on the fast section.

An epic event to end the season, huge thanks to @Ole Marius Myrvold and the other organizers for organizing everything. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Quick question, how do you guys take screenshots without the Dirt Rally 2.0 watermark?

First 10 stages went fine, I was genuinely driving carelessly as I really had no hope of even finishing this rally based on how my short preparation went. Sure, I visited a few ditches here and there and maybe a puncture or two needed to be repaired but, I'm still here. Damage in the service were almost all repaired!

So, with 2 stages left to complete, I'm surprisingly sitting pretty in 6th place just 8 minutes off the lead. I'm going to throw it around like mad in hope of a win, I think that is a reasonable goal.

Good luck everyone!

Quick question, how do you guys take screenshots without the Dirt Rally 2.0 watermark?
As @Eckhart von Glan said, if you look at Pinho's video, where his square button is on the replay control, that is "options". If you click that you will be able to remove watermark. Also, I cannot remember what but @Roy Magnes told me something about "broadcast mode ON" was smart.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back