RDRC S8 Round 2 - Rally Sweden (13th - 19th February 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the boat of those who agree that the co-driver needs a swift kick in the nether regions from time to time around Sweden. I am practicing for Day 2 and have learned that "4 right into 4 left" can mean anything from a flat out in 5th gear pair of simple kinks, but it can also mean a 2nd gear chicane

yes Ole thank you very much for your assists to me i am obliged..
also, please if you do not mind.. check in the RD entry list that my racenet name is still jonnis13 (driver john gouzouassis).. I am visible on #408 in the list. Please verify this because i sent a change for my racenet name yesterday. Instead of jonnis13 to r2d213 which is not valid anymore.. if you see me in the entry list, check me please if my racenet name is r2d213 or jonnis13 which is the correct racenet name, so for me to enter the change name thread again to put the correct one : jonnis13.
thank you very much again..
greetings
John

yes Ole thank you very much for your assists to me i am obliged..
also, please if you do not mind.. check in the RD entry list that my racenet name is still jonnis13 (driver john gouzouassis).. I am visible on #408 in the list. Please verify this because i sent a change for my racenet name yesterday. Instead of jonnis13 to r2d213 which is not valid anymore.. if you see me in the entry list, check me please if my racenet name is r2d213 or jonnis13 which is the correct racenet name, so for me to enter the change name thread again to put the correct one : jonnis13.
thank you very much again..
greetings
John

This is something that Michael have control over, so he'll get on this when the New Zealanders wake up :)

I'm in the 95 Subaru. I did 7 Stages with a total time of 33:2. How am i against the others in my Division? I think i have been babying it so far. Trying to keep the Car in one piece right now!!

first four sunny stages done, find it really hard to figure out where to go among all the light and shade flicker. Stuck on a snowbank in stage01, probable loss 15 secs, two smaller incidents in 2 and 3, 4 was clean. here's me crossing the finish line after each one thinking: blimey, that was awesome, only to find out i rank 75th of 83 or something along those lines in my 4wd-, lol. Will love seeing how this develops; speed of all you other guys is nothing but blistering!

this is me about 30 secs into stage01, thinking: oh no, not at the start ... But after about 50m on two wheels, the lancia dropped back on all fours and i was fine, phew.

ADEE5C262D2DDA5E54A2CDFA93D92DDE3AA2B33D

I am in the boat of those who agree that the co-driver needs a swift kick in the nether regions from time to time around Sweden. I am practicing for Day 2 and have learned that "4 right into 4 left" can mean anything from a flat out in 5th gear pair of simple kinks, but it can also mean a 2nd gear chicane
Not only that, mine was so scared that it started blurring out instructions a hell of a lot too early on some stages.

finished the rally this evening..
It was one hell of a rally and i had about 100 spins and over 20 rolls i guess :p
The last three stages the car had engine light on and the radiator was gone.. so not much speed there :)

These pictures tell most of the story :p
16722388_10158183246445534_3521743539867507808_o.jpg

16707518_10158183247250534_4450306475747114452_o.jpg

16797186_10158183247245534_8392551598296368931_o.jpg

Last edited:
Reached Stage 8 and Checkpoint 1, apparently the Rudolf the Reindeer snow-a-rama lessons kicked in fine tune. Especially on not caring about that the snow is falling down and that the snowbanks can be your friend.

Result: 4 seconds behind Tommie and second in class, 16th overall.

#KEEPONTHECHARGE
#CAIPIRINHAONTHEICE
#POPPINGBOTTLESINTHEICELIKEABLIZZARD
#THESTRUGGLEISREAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back