RDRC S8 Round 2 - Rally Sweden (13th - 19th February 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
skPkOYX.png

uNAQnrC.png

Important Notes:
  • The Rally is from 13th February 00:01 GMT until 19th February 23:59GMT. You must've finished and uploaded your time on the last stage before the end-time.
  • Remember to join the correct RaceNet League for the system you play on. If not, you will not be able to participate in any rallies. Find your correct league here
  • Control that your RaceNet Name is the same you signed up with, if not, please inform us of your new name here
  • If you drive with another RaceNet Name than you have on the Entry List, and not have given us any notification on the name change, you will not get any result from the rally. There will not be any exceptions to this.
  • If you have not signed up, you can do so here. You must sign up to be able to participate.
  • Feel free to take screenshots and videos and share it in our Rally World Thread :)
  • Feel free to share your experience from the rally in this thread, share your perfect runs and share your massive failures, all in the name of fun!
  • Any rule changes will be posted in the Directors Note Thread. Please keep yourself updated on any changes.

Again, you guys make me smile while reading your magazine - this whole championship is so professional...one of the reasons I became a premium member some days ago.
I've edited the Lancia Delta Martini livery with the RDRC numberplates and will give the car a try on the snowy streets tomorrow night...hoping to get your tips working for me :)
To all of you the best of luck and much fun...
Cheers, Lutz

@Ole Marius Myrvold to be mega sure, service doesn't mean save point right? the only checkpoint = save point, right?
again my work will come in the way and have to do the several days hopefully
ty

Uhm, people have been able to save at every service, but when the game crashes or similar, you will get back to the last passed checkpoint.
However - people have also had issues when saving outside of checkpoints, having to start all over again etc. so it is strongly advised not to save outside of checkpoints ;)

Ha, I'm changing internet provider tomorrow. What could possibly go wrong? :O_o:

Meanwhile, a technical question: reading the magazine for Sweden (Lindgren vs. Lindberg btw ;)), I see advice about driving in tyre tracks for grip, but does anybody know for sure if Dirt Rally actually models the grip like that or if it's all just the same? I've never detected any hint of extra grip in the dark bits but maybe that's just my inattention!

Ha, I'm changing internet provider tomorrow. What could possibly go wrong? :O_o:

Meanwhile, a technical question: reading the magazine for Sweden (Lindgren vs. Lindberg btw ;)), I see advice about driving in tyre tracks for grip, but does anybody know for sure if Dirt Rally actually models the grip like that or if it's all just the same? I've never detected any hint of extra grip in the dark bits but maybe that's just my inattention!

Everything can go wrong! :x3:

Hah, well sorry to Tommie for that, blame it on me being Norwegian or something like that!
They model different grip levels on different types of snow, I have no actual proof that they also do it with tyre tracks, and it might be placebo just for those from my part ;)

Just made it to the first service station. Decided to enter this one without doing any practice for Sweden, but rather just live on my wits and nerves. Had to listen doubly hard to the co-driver's pace notes, but I'm really happy with the first four stages so far :)

The Scoob's still in good nick and only needs minimal repairs and a wash/wax :D

20170213132432_1.jpg

20170213132904_1.jpg

20170213132951_1.jpg

20170213133932_1.jpg

I think there is a mistake too at Day 1........at the racenet league we see SS6 Björklangen afternoon snow and SS7 Älgsjön Sprint night snow, and not the opposite.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back