RDRC S4 Round 3 - Rally Mont Blanc (14th - 17th April)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well surprisingly my computer worked fine! Managed to try and do all the stages as well.

SS1 - 11: Bit of a mix really. Pay deu Lac (sp) isn't one of my favorites, I don't like how narrow and blind the corners are, plus I always push to much lol, as can be seen by going off into some of the fields! The 'original' stages went ok I quite enjoy them with the hairpins but maybe the Fiesta is a bit under powered for them although it does handle well. Pleko tarmac was ok another stage I'm not familiar with so maybe a bit to cautious then pushing too much!

SS12: Was enjoying the stage as it was quite tight and I thought suited the Fiesta. Got through the tight section just about half way through then going flay down the hill went way to fast and straight into a tree! Game over on that one!

SS13: was trying to push a bit more than the first run and was doing pretty well I thought too till I clipped a bollard and set the car on fire! another DNF!

SS14: Not a problem, really like that stage, bit short but fun!

Over all not to bad, need to play around with my settings to get the car handling well and extract every last then out of the car! Happy with 4th in class and a 2WD stage win some good points early on in the championship which I'm hoping to improve my position on!

Thanks to the organizers and good luck to everyone else!

Sion

(edited after results for report)

I was wrecking every time practicing for this rally. Got to the main event and made it through without a DNF or a CFH or an "OMFG, get out of the road you GD MF spectators."

Slow but clean run.

SS1 - Hit a tree the car is steaming but running fine. Codriver didn't saw anything about the water temp so I think I can make it through the next rallys before service.
SS2 - Spun the car around, finally the water temp is high and hit a spectator right at the end.... not my stage :confused:
SS3 - Didn't push it very hard at all.. with the car hissing at my and steam rolling out of the hood, I drove safe and finished. Service time :)

SS4 - Retired.... There goes my outright points....
SS5 - Very good run but still thinkin about SS4 and how the smallest mistake on that track can ruin a rally.
SS6 - Solid run no mistakes at all but slower then my last run... damn tires! :D
SS7 - Short little track, no problems.

Hope I can keep my speed up to make some points, having no practice is really kill my rally.....

SS8 - Retired.... for sure out of any points... very disappointing right now.
SS9 - Good run, just a small mistake.. probably took 5 seconds er so..
SS10 - Def a good run I think I may gain some time back on that stage.

SS11 - Solid run fast pace n' no mistakes this time!
SS12 - Hit a tree soon followed by my water temp being high.. Hope I can make it to the end of the rally.
SS13 - Felt slow but it was faster then my first run..
SS14 - Finished strong... rammed my car strait into the barrier... that el teach it... lol

Overall.... I have been really busy lately... haven't really played for 2 weeks or so now, and had literally an hour or so of practice tops for this event... I think with that said I had a solid performance today. Still no excuse for the two retirements and sending a spectator to the hospital.. :D I'm not a huge fan of tarmac but the car handled better then I thought especially SS11 - 14 having good conditions and all. I'm going to try and make some more club rallies but its getting nice here so well see. Thanks to the organizers, had a blast! Good luck to those who still have to rally!

One corner on Bisanne cost me a shot at overhauling Paul Newton :(
Apart from that I had a good rally again no CFH but trying to overturn a 3min gap in 9 stages was always going to hard.
I gave it everything but i could only get it down to 1:55 I think, I should still get some decent points though.
Thanks guys for setting everything up

Had a wee pre race lap, I'm donald-ducked!

I thought I would b sensible and aim for a speed I am comfortable at, that appears to be mid to low throttle in anything up to 2nd gear. Its gonna b a short rally for me.... Cant believe how quickly I go off the boil with no practise, tis shameful.

Race report:

I was lucky enough to be asked to drive Miss Daisy on her French European leg. I took this option rather than rally.
It was a pleasant couple of days drive around the beautiful mountainous regions of France. I made sure as to go so fecking slow that there would be no chance of crashing and upsetting my estemed passenger, this went to plan.

I would say that there is a slight complaint to the organisers as there did not seem to be too much in the way of pre-advertising of Miss Daisy's run. There was couple of rude French spectators who must of thought I was racing and where seen to throw baguette s and garlic at the car in disgust at my slow pace... Miss Daisy was not amused.

jc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back