RDRC S4 Round 3 - Rally Mont Blanc (14th - 17th April)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puy Du Lac is literally not very fun on inters in the dry. Yes those are the tyres I will use for the second run because I need all the help I can get to finish joux plane. Needless to say that Roy you can have this one. I am utterly useless on tarmac.

I'm actually practicing :D

Decided to turn the steering wheel rotation down to 460-ish, and now I'm actually driving the car and even enjoying driving on tarmac :eek:
Could be just the stage, Joux Plane. Don't like the hairpins on others :p

Almost won the EU1 session but then took an arr... retired in the first stage. And almost every other stage. Finished only 2nd and 7th stage and then just quit. Didnt save the HTML file and Im pretty sure RS Center played some evil trick on me and didnt count the 2nd stage time which was pretty OK, I think. Looking forward to the next rally.. Or actually - next season :p

Decided to go for the EU1-session aswell, since I have enough to think of tomorrow...

ss01 - Safe, very safe. Okay time.
ss02 - Faster than ss1, almost lost it when I put a wheel on the grass in a 5R. saved this to get an okay time.
ss03 - Fast but safe, no big worries of any kind.

ss04 - Very safe, had the wrong tyres for this one.
ss05 - Really slippery stage. Drove at 95%
ss06 - Slippery again. Span in the final hairpin, lost a few seconds there.
ss07 - Hit the chicane and had to reverse. Lost 4-5 seconds on that hit.

Day 1 - Very happy with my pace, a bit disappointed by the time lost on the Mickey Mouse stage.
Have been driving safe and fast all day and safe when needed.

ss08 - Reasonably fast, no scary moments on this one.
ss09 - Fast and fluent :) Really pleased with this one :)
ss10 - Span near the end of the stage when I got a wheel on the grass. Lost 6-7 seconds there I think.

ss11 - Full attack, pretty happy with the stage.
ss12 - Full attack again, good time :)
ss13 - Attack on this one aswell, and no mistakes. Enjoyable stage in the dry :)
ss14 - Took it a bit safer this time. An okay finish.

Very satisfied with my rally, felt like it was going very well from the start. Two spins and a small crash were the only mistakes,
and I only lost 14-15 seconds on it. Very enjoyable rally, hoping for a podium at least :)

A bit disappointed since I did a fair bit of practise. Somehow it lags sometimes in championship events, some stages more than others, which is annoying since when I practise offline the game is really smooth. Oh well, enough excuses, here is my report:

ss1: Was not very confident with the lagging, ended up braking on the grass several times and going off the road.
ss2: Lift off more than in practice in high speed sections because it is scary and it's better to lose a few seconds than the whole stage.Happy to be the best N4 of the session on this one!
ss3: Went ok, again scared on the high speed section but kept it tidy and made it to the finish with no worries.

ss4: After service all was to go wrong, and in Puy du Lac went off into the corn fields and hit the invisible barrier of the stage boundary. Managed to get back on track undamaged, only to slip onto the grass in the 3rd last corner and understeer right into a tree and kill the engine.
ss5: Rolled up a cliff (yes, up) and got back down to the road with steering damage. A bit later rolled down a cliff this time, braking the radiator. Had to call for help but managed to finish the stage.
ss6: Nursed the car through the stage, driving tidy. The radiator got emptied but luckily the engine kept on going strong, thanks to some the "realistic" physics from rallyesim :)
ss7: Drove careful to avoid any frustrating mistake and completed the first day of the rally

ss8: The second day did not start so well: Halfway through the first stage the inside wheels caught some grass and the car spun at high speed, going down a cliff. Some helpful spectators helped put the car back on the road but it was going nowhere...
ss9: After a disappointing retirement, the second stage of the day went better, despite a few offroad excursions towards the end. Too much speed through the flying finish meant I lost control and hit the marshall's desk, destroying the car's brake lines and loosing the brakes for the next stage in the process.
ss10: Apparently the brakes were not the only damage sustained at the end of the previous stage. Made it to the start of Peklo but the engine was very low on power, therefore I had no choice but to retire.

ss11: The car was fully repaired at service and the first stage of the second loop went well. Had a half spin at a hairpin and lost a few seconds there, but other than that it went well.
ss12: Again a good stage, no mistakes, clean drive.
ss13: Good and steady driving took the car to the finish, happy with the performance.
ss14: Clean run through the street stage in Lyon, finishing the rally.

A shame I had 3 retirements, was looking forward to having a clean rally. The lagging stopped me from enjoying the rally as much as I wanted, so looking forward to the next one. Thank you for the organisers for setting up the event! And good luck to the rest of the drivers ;)

I'm not going to be able to make it now :( my hard drive died on Wednesday and was hoping to get it sorted by today but alas not, need new everything again! Just after I got it all working pretty well! Good luck to everyone competing, I'll do a round at some point!

Sion

Great rally once again! My only real mistake happened on Bisanne when I lost consentration for some reason and drove almost full throttle to the woods. Luckily I bounced back on track wheels down but the car took some damage. :D

Overall, the pace was ok so I'm expecting a top10 finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back