RDRC S4 Round 3 - Rally Mont Blanc (14th - 17th April)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • SS01 - sigh, went off into the field, and slightly hit that bale of hay. Still, second fastest of the non-WRC cars, so that's good. I just hope there was no major damage.
  • SS02 - crap. Was going fine. Slow, with some hairpin issues, but fine. Until that fast left, medium right near the end. Locked the brakes, and spun :(
  • SS03 - not bad. A small lapse of concentration early on, but after that nice and clean. Wish I had longer gears though.

• SS04 - aaaaaa, forgot to change tires, have dry tarmac on :mad:
  • SS05 - dry tires in bad weather. Not as bad as I thought, but still lost a minute :(. After one hairpin, I just slid down the hill, and got an automatic call for help :(
  • SS06 - dry tires on Covered 'damp'. Scary. Very paranoid drive, tried to be careful and finish the stage. Still managed to catch a bit of grass with my rear left wheel -> instant spin.
    Luckily, seems that dry tires on damp work well, because I was half a minute and more ahead of my closest rivals :eek:
  • SS07 - good.

• SS08 - a couple of very bad hairpins, but overall okay.
  • SS09 - well, that's it. Killed the engine. Wasn't a big impact, 2nd gear, heavy braking. 1 and a half minute advantage -> 3 minutes behind. Sigh.
    Ah, well, at least my best ever result won't be on tarmac :p
  • SS10 - okay.

• SS11 - hit a tree in one hairpin -> steering damage. Call for help later.
  • SS12 - okay. Was very careful not to hit that same tree again.
  • SS13 - okay.
  • SS14 - okay.

Could've been my best result so far. Shame.
Good fun though. I might practice a bit for Round 4 too :D

ss1: stage went ok, a few small spins and hit the barrier and lost the front spoiler
ss2: went slow but steady
ss3: a bit shaky in the start, went slow and steady trough the stage, almost scared myself to death a couple of times near the end after going to fast :p

ss4: OK run :)
ss5: really fun on intermediates :D
ss6: went flying trough the stage! :D really happy
ss7: ok run

ss8: one word.. oversteer :D
ss9: ok run
ss10: ok run
ss11: oversteer light..
ss12: a couple offs but no cfh
ss13: ok run
ss14: went really fast on this one :D

Overall
0 cfh
0 retirements!
REALLY HAPPY!!! :D

SS1: Uhm... lol?
SS2: Wrong tyres ofc. But it went OK, didn't make more than one little mistake, pretty happy :)
SS3: Spun in S2, then floored it, just to realize the rear tyres refused to spin the car around. So I had to do a 3-point turn to get going again. Looked pretty idiotic in a RWD I guess :p

Service 1: Pretty happy overall. This is FAR from a RWD rally!

SS4:"I got a brand new Combine Harvester". Oh well, this was just lol again... this car, in these corners...
SS5: First hairpin, and it went straight ahead. KADUNK! Oh well, the car was fine. However, when I backed up, I was on the grass, struggled to get away again.
SS6: Went well, just 4 secs slower with inters than on dry. Pretty happy!
SS7: Hahahah... Inters, Alpine, dry asphalt and hairpin = Epic LOL.

Service 2: Ok, nothing more, nothing less.

SS8:Hairpins, hairpins, hairpins. No handbrake, and forgetting to load setup. Not the best thing.
SS9: Love the stage, made no mistakes. Got a bit interrupted by a kid though (@Erik Tveit :rolleyes:)
SS10: Went OK, until the gravel, unsure if the car even runs on gravel with wrong tyres...

Service 3: Going goooood!

SS11: Hairpins, hairpins, hairpins. No handbrake, but dry weather, dry tyres, and setup. Went better
SS12: Made no mistakes, but somewhat, this stage was as slippery as d'Arbroz wet and Lac-dry (with int. tyres)
SS13: Damn, decided to take it easy. CFH.
SS14: Oh well, I have to put the darn car in reverse in that hairpin!

End of Rally: Except the CFH, it went BRILLIANT!

Wooo, glad thats over with :S

SS1
only 1 spin but im having a hell of a dificult time on that stage. it seems when im just a wee bit of the tarmac my car goes a-wall on me :S Managed to get through with a crappy setup at recce speed. Bad start.

SS2
Better stage, one spin early on and one spin late. no practice on those conditions with the weather.

SS3
Started out with a good pace, got abit too good too fast and I ended up in a wall pretty hard. Damaged one of my wheels so the car was horrible to control at high speeds. Still managed to get to the finish after a while.

SS4
New car! yey. But still the crappy stage that bumps and slips like crazy. Pushed abit more, had a spin or two but no biggies.

SS5
Clean run, no mistakes but slow speed due to no confidence in grip on the tarmac.

SS6
Clean run, one spin only. and the tires where good.

SS7
No mistake but the stage was very slippery for me.

SS8
Overall good, had a stall and hit a tree at the very end, radiator seemed broken but codriver said nothing about water temperature.

SS9
had a decent run, still no complaints about the water temperature for.

SS10
Horrible stage again, struggeling A LOT with grip of the tarmac, it seems that if more than 1 wheel goes off the tarmac the car just slides off. Had no practice with the damp conditions.

SS11
Good clean stage, fun to drive with lots of nice hairpins. Had only 1 stall in a hairpin at the end.

SS12
Lost focus for a second at the beginning and ended up in a tree, very slow but still enough to break my engine. Stupid mistake that cost me valuble points in the championship. I had a slow pace the whole rally just to finish it, and with this stage retirement, my overall time will just be too much for any good position.

SS13
Drove abit more careless seeing as the rally was over for me. still I had no confidence in that stage so i just wanted to finish it.

SS14
Clean run, had a stall in the hairpin because of the noneslippery tarmac and no clutch :p

Guess im overall pretty happy with my run. Ive never been any good at tarmac, and i dont practice on it at all. I see Chris and Senad setting some really good times with the S2000 so its no my car, just my skill :p
Good luck to all!

This was my worst rally so far. Can not control the Lancia on tarmac or is it Lancia which cannot control me. We were sliding all over the place...
SS1: Had decided to go safe and save the car for the next two stages, but my plan was ruined with a roll in the first hairpin, resulting in a bent steering. When I crashes a couple of corners later the steering was luckily bent in the other direction and after that the car was OK. But the time had ran away...
SS2: Again a big mistake in the first tight corner. And a second mistake in the second corner, Crash into the Armco. Car dead.
SS3: Kept it well together until the very end when I suddenly found myself deep down in the forest. Some unfamiliar trees killed the car.
SS4: These roads are to narrow for a Lancia. Should only be for cycling or rollerskis. A wheel onto the grass under braking, made me a passenger into a tree. Third retirement out of four possible.
SS5: OK Stage
SS6: OK but very slow
SS7: Had to reverse in every second corner.
SS8: Lost control. 4th retirement
SS9: OK
SS10: Went off but OK anyway
SS11: Felt good but crashed in very end of the stage. 5th retirement.
SS12: A real catastrophy. Dont know how many times I crashed and rolled. The car was a total wreck and towards the end I could hardly not drive the car.
SS13: Thought about having the car repaired instead of driving the stage. But nothing to loose, I tried anyway and surprisingly the car was working much better than the stage before. Drove safe and came home unhurt.
SS14: Should be simple, but couldnt keep it clean this time either.

No points for me this time I suppose.

That was fun! shame i kept retiring though!!
Ss1- set fastest Non wrc time i believe?
SS2 i kept getting distracted as i was watching tv ( :( ) rolled..
SS3 Rolled once again!
SS4 i was very messy, and kept crashing and killing spectators :(
SS5. i crashed on the first corner!!

i didnt keep track of the rest, im sorry!
but it was very fun... and i reckon there's pace somewhere with me!! if i can keep it on the road ofcourse!

SS1-3: Had a couple of minor offs in the first two stages, but relieved to have got through them without too much time lost. However SS3 proved to be my worst of the rally as I span at high speed going into the first wooded section. Half caught the spin and avoided damage, but I was facing the wrong way on a narrow section of road as a result. Had flashbacks to Mineshaft on the last rally as I completely messed up turning the car again, plunged off the road and had to call for help. To add injury to embarrassment I'd cracked my radiator slipping off the road and had to nurse the car home. Finished the stage but easily lost over 2 minutes with all that.

SS4-7: Despite the wetter conditions these stages went a lot smoother for me, although I did suffer another call for help on Joux Plane (this time without damage though). After Andrew's problems I'd climbed to 2nd in class on EU3, but Senad was doing well and I couldn't do much to close the gap to him at this point.

SS8-10: This 2nd set of stages suited me much more and I was starting to feel a little more confident with the car. A couple of small spins, but didn't lose much time from either of them this time. To my suprise I took the class lead as Senad had his retirement.

SS11-14: No dramas on these stages and manage to maintain the gap ahead of Senad and Daniel. Very nearly lost it at the final chicane at Lyon though. :oops:

Overall I think I could've done a little better, but still nice to maintain my 100% finishing rate so far this season. I just hope the errors on Joux Plane haven't cost me too many positions.

Well the 1st 4 stages went okay but then on SS05 I lost the brakes near the end . I still finished the stage and forgot to hit repair so I start SS06 without any brakes. About 8 mins in and 500 meters to go I hit the wooden fence and the car died on me. The next short stage starts and the co-driver saying nothing about the brakes and the dash light is not on. I take the first left and discover - still no brakes. So now approaching the hairpin I grab the hand brake out of instinct and it works on this stage for some reason. I lost about 10 sec. on what should have been a sub 40 sec. stage. After those 3 horrible stages I lost my lust for competition. Two dnf's and several cfh's and finally it was over. Wold it have made any difference if I had found time to practice last week - I doubt it.

Rally to forget.
In first the one with very careful and the game crashes down because of the avast.
After that my pace was never the same...
Many retirements because of engine...damn it trees...
So because of all that i didn´t make the 2 last stages it was many retirements that i´ve already have... So...one more rally that was DNF...
Bring the next rally...:)

Same here.
FIrst stage I had about 10FPS due to DX ripper randomly monitoring
Had a hell of a lot of stalling problems this time round, and then the battery randomly deciding it wanted to die in Joux plane >_________>
Rest of the rally was mediocre, except the last few france stages :D
I have never revved that car so high hehe
hopefully it shows in the results. I doubt it would though.
Thanks guys for setting up the rally, great choice of stages!
Cant wait for the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play