RDRC S2 - Round 1 - Rally of Norway

Status
Not open for further replies.
45 drivers entered for the first round of the RDRC S2 and thats almost EVERYONE that is signed up for the championship. WOW.

Thank you to everyone that has signed up for this year. I hope you all enjoy what is in store over the coming months.

Good Luck all and have fun.

Hadn't noticed, that's a nice number :)

Anyway, I'll create a practice session for 20GMT tonight, to see if I got everything right. Everyone is welcome to join and make sure there are no issues on their end.

Warren might be interested in the fact that about 2/3 of drivers chose to drive on Monday. I guess that means the current rally club schedule is the best.

Warren might be interested in the fact that about 2/3 of drivers chose to drive on Monday. I guess that means the current rally club schedule is the best.

That is quite interesting, I've sometimes wondered about our Rally Club nights scheduling.
However, one of the main considerations has been trying to avoid clashing with other regular RD Racing Club events.

Yep, I didn't think the regular stimes would be ignored but by opening it up it means more people have the option of joining in. So far i think it works but we will have to see what happens as the season goes on.

I'd guess that if the top guns will get on with practicing the 3:40 barrier will fall down easily. Seb wasn't going with world record breaking pace through the entire S1 (for me it was out of reach, but still), also he mentioned it was still 80-90% of his maximum. If he's pressed, and if Dariusz or Ben will get a firm hold of their cars (note: I am not even remotely condemning that, just to clarify. In fact I'm slowly starting to make a few practice runs from time to time. When I'm not sick, that is :p) we will see some seriously faster times this time around :).

yeah time with 3:40++ will be possible for those aliens, I've tried it and with luck on my side it is possible, though I hope they won't try to achieve that time so we can all have a good 4min+ time lolx :D

I did a practice rally yesterday and this cumulative damage will play top role. In ss3 i clipped a poster board and damaged the radiator. In ss4 the car got hotter by seconds and about 1min into the stage i got the oil lamp coming on and finally the engine died. Red ink will be common sight i think and the times will be slower.

Rick was thinking about something like that for the A league, but it didn't pan out. So it's just like a club rally, a retirement is just a retirement, you carry on with the rest of the rally.
Whaaaa, I missed that. I was sure we retire from all the loop/day stages. Meh :/.
I did a practice rally yesterday and this cumulative damage will play top role. In ss3 i clipped a poster board and damaged the radiator. In ss4 the car got hotter by seconds and about 1min into the stage i got the oil lamp coming on and finally the engine died. Red ink will be common sight i think and the times will be slower.
Don't have to remind me about that. I'm the Rally Club's main cook when it comes to roasting engines! [from my experience 7-10kms with a shut radiator is all that an engine will take. It varies depending on how high you rev it, of course].

About the Monday turnout - I think that one of the factors coming into play is the fact that regular club is on Mondays. At least I chose Monday because of that, already got accustomed to the time and I kinda plan my time around that :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back