RDRC S2 - Round 1 - Rally of Norway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was a DISASTER. All my fault. First 6 stages almost without problem, one great run through Pribram on SS5. Second Half of the rally was as though I had a different car and I was a different driver. A CFH on SS7 and running over a spectator on SS8 with retirements on SS9,10,11 and 12.

I may as well have not bothered driving. Thanks for organising. I will just have to come back next round with a cooler head and heap loads more practice.

Oscar. (leaves to beat face into table until lesson is learnt)

No, lots of things cause this to happen, a loss of concerntration. After SS6 I went to the toilet as I had needed to since SS1. Proof there that the need to urinate does cause much higher concerntration levels :p

Nevermind ey' Ryan. Next round and all that jazz. We cant do well everytime (although doing well once would be nice)

I can't belive it. It was a...aaaa...aaahhh, bad day for me. Really bad.

The first four stages was okay. I drove safely, attended not to crash. I had almost the same time like on my practices, but what comes form SS5, I can't desrcibe it. On the second run on Pribram, I had a hard crash, I did a really bad time (my time was 1 minute slower that I could do), and my car damaged. On SS6 I lost of my concentration, and made a silly fault, which force me to retire. On SS7 I retired again(first I pushed wrong menu, and I pushed 'Restart forbidden', but after it was reload the stage, I exited). I was thinking it could be only better, but I was too optimistic. :D I hit the photographer, which cost me 30 minutes.... Then, on first run on Sikakama, I hit the photographer again, costing 30 minutes again. On Autiovaara, I made some mistakes, lost 10-20 seconds. The next Sikakama I thought I can't hit the photographer again... but I managed to hit him, at the same place! :D :p Another 30 minutes loss. My last stage started relative good, but in head I gave up my rally = lack of concentration, making another mistake, then crash, losing so much time again.

I think it won't be one of my best rally, so I try to forget it as quick as possible. But anyway, it was a good fun. :)

P.s: Senad, the RSCenter wrote for me that I retired from the second run on Mustaselka II, whereas I finished it and the RSCenter wrote my time ( I can prove it with replay file).

No, lots of things cause this to happen, a loss of concerntration. After SS6 I went to the toilet as I had needed to since SS1. Proof there that the need to urinate does cause much higher concerntration levels :p
I guess someone could tell that you pissed your pace away. Sorry, couldn't help myself ;).
About the weather - it's a tough one. The info about the weather will be unevenly distributed always, there is nothing we can do about that and playing a "Big Brother" watching if someone is peeking into a session would be a bit ridiculous IMO. Maybe we should just announce the weather around Saturday morning? I know it would give the Tuesday runners the edge, but the most dedicated ones will probably already have the stages trained, memorized, practiced through etc. Weather doesn't change THAT much :).

BTW: just remember, when setting the rally up, that rain and fog are RARE in general (it rains/fogs for just a small fraction of time). Wet/damp surface is a different story, but last season we seemed to race in some kind of water world at times :D.

I guess someone could tell that you pissed your pace away. Sorry, couldn't help myself ;).
About the weather - it's a tough one. The info about the weather will be unevenly distributed always, there is nothing we can do about that and playing a "Big Brother" watching if someone is peeking into a session would be a bit ridiculous IMO. Maybe we should just announce the weather around Saturday morning? I know it would give the Tuesday runners the edge, but the most dedicated ones will probably already have the stages trained, memorized, practiced through etc. Weather doesn't change THAT much :).

BTW: just remember, when setting the rally up, that rain and fog are RARE in general (it rains/fogs for just a small fraction of time). Wet/damp surface is a different story, but last season we seemed to race in some kind of water world at times :D.

Water world? lol, have a look at the WRC over the years and you will find that sometimes it rains ALL weekend. The only way to keep the weather SECRET secret is for the championship to run ONE session only that everyone drives in. Something tells me there would be a lot of complaints if we did that;)
As for drivers competing in more than one session, i will take care of that with a rule update for the next round. As for Ryan, he logged into the wrong session and pulled out after two stages (he has already contacted me). Senad is right, there is no rule currently to prevent drivers running in a session before the one they are registered for. I would HOPE that no body would cheat for this round anyway.

NOTE: After some thought I have decided the following. As Ryan already has knowledge about the weather i will let you all know. As the weather for this is prity straight forward I don't think there will be an issue.

GOOD WEATHER for all stages.

Weather doesn't change THAT much :).

Lol Lukasz, you should come live in my part of Australia at the moment. "Waterworld" would be an understatement. :rolleyes: :wink: :)

Ah, that's true, innit. Hope you're holding tight there, Warren, it all looks kinda scary at times. :)

What I meant was that even if it's raining constatly for a month it's not raining constantly for a year. Ona ultra-rainy rally is OK, a season with constant rain would be a bit boring. It's shouldn't be a problem though, seeing as this one is already a no-bad-weather one :).

As Ryan already has knowledge about the weather i will let you all know. As the weather for this is prity straight forward I don't think there will be an issue. [/B]

GOOD WEATHER for all stages.

I hope that nobody will try to know the weather before his official session, with his teammate help or with a connection to an other session. It is really better if everyone have the same chance in a rally, it is only a game, we are not going to win money with this championship !

As I see from the drivers that have competed already,maybe the consistency is the key to get a top finish (not victory) :). My times are wayyyyy low in comparison with the top drivers, so we'll see.
About the weather, anybody followed the Monte Carlo rally Thursday? :)

We don't get to see the Monte here in Australia.....................................sob sob sob, cry cry cry. We just have the tennis..............WTF?

Seb,

Most of us wont go looking for the weather or cheating in anyway, we are all here for the fun of it. The issue comes up when one person LOOKS like they are cheating and it causes tension and arguments in the forums. Thats when people leave the championship because they don't like the agro (aggression) and infighting.

Its one of the reasons why we have to have the rules written in such a formal way (I also like to think i'm a lawyer some times;) ) and we don't give exceptions. Hopefully everyone understands that is the only reason we have to be strict, its so it is fair for everyone.

Its also why i gave the weather out this time so it is fair for everyone. If it wasn't ALL good weather anyway i would have had to think much harder about it.

Anyway, I hope everyone has fun and enjoys the challenge of the RDRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 50 27.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.4%