RDRC S2 - Round 1 - Rally of Norway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tested a few of the scarier stages earlier with varying weather conditions. A few dodgy moments and so on (setup needs work) But got one relatively good run through Mlynky Snow in good conditions and daylight, which equated to a 3:56:xx. Hopefully with some more runs that will improve and I will transfer the pace over to the other stages :)

Hope to have a great rally with you all,

Oscar.

I tested a few of the scarier stages earlier with varying weather conditions. A few dodgy moments and so on (setup needs work) But got one relatively good run through Mlynky Snow in good conditions and daylight, which equated to a 3:56:xx. Hopefully with some more runs that will improve and I will transfer the pace over to the other stages :)

Hope to have a great rally with you all,

Oscar.

3:56? in an S2000 car? the record for last season is 3:57............................................HOW?

well, my experiences were markedly different. First there was this nice jump at Autiovaara:

rbr_073.jpg

followed by a second unplanned one because I landed slightly off the beaten track:

rbr_074.jpg

oh dear, team management is not gonna like this.

Anyhow, progressed to do some runs on Mlynky at night, which was quite romantic:

rbr_081.jpg

up to a certain point ...

rbr_083.jpg

but my, that Punto can take a beating, actually progressed after landing and doing five (!) more flips, geez.

easy does it on Sunday, I'd say :)

I think the fastest guy will touch 3:40 (high probably), but not faster... if he does that, we must make a rule that he MUST share his setup

and I am 100% sure he can drive the stages without pacenotes, with his eyes closed...

Most of the pople hadn't bothered with it last time, since it didn't count.

Correct, but that time WAS set by Seb and i know it was line ball with my out and out BEST time in testing last year. If that is your time in an S2000 Oscar i will have to think about you driving in Premier league instead of Champions. I will be suprised if the top drivers go better than 3:45 in the WRC08 cars.

I'd guess that if the top guns will get on with practicing the 3:40 barrier will fall down easily. Seb wasn't going with world record breaking pace through the entire S1 (for me it was out of reach, but still), also he mentioned it was still 80-90% of his maximum. If he's pressed, and if Dariusz or Ben will get a firm hold of their cars (note: I am not even remotely condemning that, just to clarify. In fact I'm slowly starting to make a few practice runs from time to time. When I'm not sick, that is :p) we will see some seriously faster times this time around :).

Also: yeah, Oscar is extremely fast. If he decides not to make mistakes I'm doomed and beaten by his S2000, I feel it in me bones :D. Not gonna give up though.

Gotta go for a Mlynky drive soon, I'm intrigued and don't remember my poor pace when I tried it last time. Tricky one, even one second of non-full concentration when going flat out might be deadly there (some corners just NEED extra-extra caution that is not mentioned in the notes).

Dare I mention a time i just set as a " stage to get off to bed to ". Was Mlynky again, just about got that stage now, and a setup which rides the bumps to my liking.

3:49:7x

My time is posted if you look :| please dont put me in the WRC's not yet anyway.

Oscar. (going to bed)

LOL, fine Oscar. I posted that last one tired after a night of work.

I won't push the point untill we see what happens in the heat of competition, that will sort things out;) Good luck to eveyone this weekend.

I've just had a go at Mlynky and anyone who breaks 4:00 is superhuman in my eyes..

That first 2/3 is so technical I could see why an S2000 would be quick, It is a relief when the stage opens up a bit towards the end.

I simply can't be too aggressive on the front part. Too difficult to get that precise turn in required with my controller...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 389 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 262 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 252 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 184 7.7%