RDRC S1 - Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
ha, real life strikes but the Empire strikes back, by a turn of sheer luck I can do the session tonight after all, thx Senad for the virtual trouble anyway, I have a feeling for next season you should be far stricter, we are all behaving like spoiled brats :) Good luck all tonight!

Well I have created it,If anyone with RSRBR2011 want to join it the password it's in the first page of this forum,come on guys,let's play! :)
Senad if you want I will send you the times and the replays....make me know what you want to do.

what a disaster, I made it to the game with all of 7 secs left before the first stage and here's a lesson learned: never rush to an online sim game, it'll show:

stage1: got stuck in those deep deep ditches and head to call for help 4 times, as a consequence had to make do with only 2nd gear for most of the stage, dreadful, 3 mins off the pace at least.
stage2: careful but Ok run after the S1 disaster
stage3: another careful but basically OK run, still finished dead last
stage4: nice run until about 8:15 then concentration slipped and I did 3 offs with calls for help in 30 secs, lol.
stage5: the beginning of the end, trying for a more aggressive tack I hit one of those small trees in t1 which killed my car instantly ??? In the videos I see the Subarus knocking them down virtually unscathed. make a mental note: blame it on the car and pick a different one next time (good bye Mitsu) DNF
stage6: quite a nice run but also quite slow
stage7: finally getting into the rhythm, maybe the folg helped! still finished dead last, lol.
stage8: quite a good run, or so it felt, pushing across the finish I killed a group of spectators, luckily behind the finish line. This, however, didn't improve their lot at all ...
stage9: uninspired but OK run until I lost concentration for the second time this night, hit a rock and had another EVO6 towed back to the finish DNF
stage10: with concentration now at an alltime record low I spent ages in the bushes trying to find my way back on track at one point, still survived but dreadful time.
stage11: another rock another DNF
stage12: don't even mention it DNF

all in all a poor showing at the end of a superb and perfectly organized season. a massive thx to all responsible, cu back in season2 in a different, more sturdy ride :)

Oh, and I never remembered to take replays, but some nights are better forgotten anyway.

Not too bad for me, I am not really fast in damp condition but I made only one mistakes (call assistance) in the stage 5.
Really impressed by Mick during all the rallye.

Wait for the next session and final result...

Thanks to all drivers and to the staff for their fantastic work !

Thanks to all, great fun as usual. Clean run tonight, just a few moments, second run on Tervaniemi got sucked into a ditch, then a masive slide on last stage in fifth. Dont no how i got away without a major crash!
Looking forward to next year.
All have a great Xmas / New year

Ok here I am.I have ended this final race of the season.I have fun during the race but I have do some errors that can have ruined my final result....the new utility it's iteresting,the voice of the subaru WRC05 it's very beautyfull and the driving is funny! :-D
See you soon and Merry Christmas to all!!!

:parrot: My chase to the championship ended in stage 6 ,when one f..g photographer was in a wrong place :wink:, after got frustrated and made some mistakes and lost almost one minute. And to be sure that I can't reach the first position in stage 11, slipped off the bridge like a brick :mad:. All the other stages run smoothly like a watch.
I want to say hiii to my talented countryman Octy :D:letsgoracing:, hope you will join us all next season.
Last, not least important I wanna thank everybody, participants and organizers.

Happy Birthday Rick! , hope that your birthday is in 21, right?

A pretty awful performance from me, made worse by the fact everyone else in the EU group seemingly kept things relatively clean. Only Eckhart did worse than me I think.

SS1: Poor run frankly. Did my usual trick and crashed at the 2nd corner, before getting to know many of the stage's wonderful ditches.
SS2: Nice clean run, but one of the slowest.
SS3: Clean again, but fairly mediocre pace.
SS4: Much improved for the first half, but then went the much the same way as Stage 1.
SS5: Another clean run through Sweet Lamb and slightly faster than before.
SS6: Got a little over enthusiastic and had a few silly spins. Tried entering someones living room at the little chicane in the middle. :redface:
SS7: Reasonable pace despite slipping straight on at 90 left.
SS8: Terrible stage for me. Hooked a rear wheel over the side of a bridge and rolled the car. Later on I hit fence and got the car stuck in 1st gear for the last 1km or so.
SS9: Screwed up again. Entered a lefthander way too fast and flew off into the trees. Annoyingly stuck in 1st once more, this time for about 3km.
SS10: Pretty clean and about matching most of the others.
SS11: Fairly clean except for a lazy spin after running wide and clipping a tree.
SS12: Clean, but unspectacular.

Thanks again to the organisers!
Have a Merry Christmas and see you for S2. :)

Well I'm not disapointed TOO much with that.

SS1 didn't go well, get stuck in a ditch and had to call for help but still got throught the stage.
SS2 Not a HUGE fan of SweetLamb but it is challenging. dropped about 4 seconds to Jakub
SS3 This is one for the replay list. Going well in the first sector then miss judged a very quick right-left and went rolling down the road, bounce bounce bounce. Lucky for me I ended up on the wheels and going again. 14 off Jakub
SS4 WHY DIDN't we include this one sob sob. The only one the Jakub retired on all night and the results didn't count sob sob
SS5 .................now I'm 22 secs off Jakub............................
SS6 Dropped it again. I don't like this stage, wet or dry.

I've always been good in the wet (in real life) so I was looking forward to the second day. Lets try and take back the time from Jakub

SS7 No. Clean again but the Ford was a little faster than me.
SS8 YAY STAGE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SS9 YAY STAGE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Both stages only by less then 2 secs though so I am starting to think my comeback is lost
SS10 Yep, its lost. Good one for the replays again. Some stunt driving of my own.
SS11 BEAT THAT!!!!!! HA (I love Falston)
SS12 And to finish off I get Jakub one last time. Pity it was all over after stage 6.

It's a pity that once again we have been ambushed by Rallyesim, but not being an official championship means they don't know our calendar. I hope all of those that updated to RSRBR2011 get it working ok and it doesn't make too much of a mess of the results. Having not run with it yet I can only assume that the physics are the same and we wont see a massive difference in times.

Thanks to everyone that competed in the first RDRC season. It has been a lot of work, some heart-ache and pleanty of fun.

A MASSIVE thank you to Seand for everything he has done. The series just wouldn't have worked without you.

First-ever finished Championship Round, yess! :)

I haven't got too much time to practice for this rally. I only have one run at Tervaniemi yesterday, after I downloaded the car pack (thank you very much Aaron!), and one at Sweet Lamb today (I think it's a really great stage). Beside that fact I couldn't practice enough, I was loooking forward the rally. :)

The first stages weren't bad, but they weren't so good, I can say about that I had an average run on them. I haven't made a big mistake, excluding the second Tervaniemi stage, where I damaged my engine, and then I had to drive with that engine at least 3~5 km. But the second part of the rally... it was a nightmare for me! :D I can usually find right now the proper braking points at the stages by dry conditions, but I could hardly find them by wet conditions. I made several mistakes on that stages, especially at the first Harwood Forest stage, where I couldn't see anything because of the fog. :D But in the end, my SS12 was so good, I only did one mistake - before 10m from the finish, and that mistake costs 10-12 seconds. :)

It was a really difficult rally for me, but that's why it was enjoyable. :)

Thank you for the rally, and congratulations to everybody!

Senad: I'm so sorry about the session request, next time I will ask for it in time. :)

Happy Birthday Rick! :)

(P.s: will be there any Club Event this year?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes