RDRC S1 - Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that was fun :D

I,m really glad with my driving tonight even so i had numerous off's but had tasted what is coming for next year :) Was hoping for Sheperds Shield win but spuned:D, even so only lost 0.5sec to Jakub at the finish:cool:. Had to restart pc after ss.6 and when i come back the game gave me another chance to run ss5 & 6 lol ( they wont count obviously lol ). Then wins in both Harwood forest runs ( who would have thought so with so many mistakes:rolleyes: ). My 2nd '' illegal'' ss.6 run was aslo another win, wont count, i know lol.
WRC for next year:cool: so watch out guys:tongue::wink:
Let me know if you haven't got my correct times Senad.
And well done Rick for EU win:cool:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/25821196/R5_ss3.rpl
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/25821197/R5_ss8.rpl
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/25821198/R5_ss12.rpl

Great fun :D

Fun rally!

I was having a really good clean run up until SS8 where I fell off a bridge in the beginning. Just was not driving well in the middle there because I had a huge off at SS9. I thought I could drive out and spent way too much time trying. Ended up taking the CFH anyway and losing over a minute compared to my practice run.

Finished up the last 3 stages very clean, so glad it didn't all go to poo.

Nice battle with Rick. You were very fast yesterday, it was driving really on the limit for me.
I'm happy I didn't make any bigger mistakes (only on Tervaniemi retired, but it is not counted)

The last round was perfect. I mean good stages choosen, they fit each other ( atmosphere like in stages in forest of Wales )!!!

Thanks all rally stuff who had prepared whole season, hope the next will be as good as this, or better!

BTW Happy birthday Rick!

I should have try the WRC just before to the rally, I thought (naively) that it would be like the N4 a bit faster.
I should have also make at least once any the specials, because it does not look serious when we drive to the wrong way :p
I do not know how you manage to remember what happened to you in each special.
For me, I know I made a barrel (translate from french to say when your car make a move on the top and roll, I don't know the name in english) at the finish of SS2 and SS3.
Only for the lastest spéciales, when I had already done it once and I was accustomed to the car, it was not too wrong. Apart from that I took the wrong road at a time and I dropped to SS12.
But I laughed anyway, I'd give my replay later.
I did not make SS1 and SS4 because I had to wake up early (I managed to sleep 5 hours , that is something gained)

Thanks for event ;)

Well, that was a mixed bag again, but overall pretty shocking. At least I can hand the keys to the Pug 307 back now (never want to drive it again :frown: ). The car is very second hand now though, so the keys are almost useless for anyone else.
In an attempt to minimise the "I'm going to kill you" tendency of the 307, I decided to try some radical set up changes but really didn't know what I was doing, more in hope than anything scientific. :rolleyes:

I actually did a few good stages, but threw in a couple of shockers.
Terveneimi second time round, I bounced off the track on the looong fast straight (the very early one) and ended up crashed in the woods. After eventually digging it out, I found a road and took off, only to come across a roped off barrier. OK, must have gone the wrong way then, turned around and went the other way only to come across yet another roped off barrier. Cruised along the road again looking for a side road, none to be found. Somehow I must have ended up on a hidden road. Had to retire at this point but at least it didn't count overall.

Harwood Forest was a nightmare both times. Crashed badly the first time after completely missing a bend in the fog, and had to crawl home with all sorts of engine failures. Second time around Harwood, I was flying along ( even a few secs in front of Eddie) until late in the stage, I suddenly had blood all over the windscreen. Obviously I must have hit a spectator, but I cdertainly didn't see one. I then was placed back on the road, but was convinced it was facing the wrong way. Took off, only to get the wrong way message, you're lost again you idiot. :poke:

Most of the other stages went ok ish.

Well done to Eddie for plenty of fast times, seemed like only one stage brought him undone.

Thanks to Damien for the TS company, we had a few laughs.

Thanks to Rick and Senad for the RDRC organisation, and best wishes to all our Rally fans for the festive season and see you all in the New Year.

:can::can::can::peace::beer::ups:

Just Lukasz and me left, I believe? This will be the last session then, results in a couple of hours.

Zero preparation for me again, I hope I manage to drive reasonably well, and get at least 1 point in the championship :D

Yeah a few good clean run's for me, wet gravel took a bit of getting used to, but once i found the limits of my brakes i had better control.

SS1: Pretty clean overall, find the gravel on this stage like marbles, so i was doing a lot of heavy braking to start with and eased up once i found the grip levels and braking limits. Kept the engine out of the red as much as i could, didn't take to many chances finished incident free.

SS2: Had a clean run mostly with the exception of that left hand hairpin on the hill near the end of the stage, had to use reverse.

SS3: Felt i was off the pace a bit, lot of sideways action loosing time, screwed up a bridge entry and spun out, luckily no damage finished ok.

SS4: Ultra Clean run until the down hill left hander before the final bridge, slid off the road to the right just in front of the bridge entrance. As i was digging my self out, i looked up at the stage time and watched 7.46 waving goodbye lol! finished 8.10 or something?

SS5: No major problems, felt better 2nd time round

SS6: Had to do a lot early braking for this one, locking wheels in the wet is quick way to a dnf i find. No problems overall.

SS7: Ahh this one i remember, didn't keep my eye on the ball and paid the price missed a easy left call and was not powering-on slid off and hit a tree then spun, car was o.k continued on.

SS8: Falstone, same as all the other wet stages, heavy braking to start with then easing up. Also trying not to lock the wheels helps to.

SS9: Yeah a lot of early braking, 6th gear corners in the dry became 5th gear in the wet, slowing down a wee bit helped for me and not powering-on to much for the Easy Right/Left corners gave me better control. However that med right after the jump (chirdonhead) took me out, locked-up and into the trees, called help.

SS10: clean
SS11: clean
SS12: clean

Overall good times. Thanks to the organisers for the setup and results and already looking forward to next season.

SS1
Wow, what a great looking stage, love it.
Pace notes are a bit off. Missed several turns, literally. Didn't even know there was a road there the first time I passed it :D
Retired in the end.

SS2
Scary, don't know the stage, was very careful.

SS3
Stage win, but was crap and messy.
Nice slide into that 90 right in the middle of the stage :)

SS4
Skipped

SS5
Went flat out over that "jump long" bit this time, went off a bit :D. But still, a stage win
:woot:

SS6
Wasn't prepared for wet... Understeered like a barn, hit the stone fence on the outside of the bend, and did a 360. Lost time everywhere.

SS7
Whoah... Was messy, had a couple of big scares, almost rolled twice... But got the stage win by 15 seconds :confused:

SS8
Awful... First part of the stage was okay, but that last sector... Lost 10-20 seconds there easy.
Gorgeous looking stage, in the wet, with the HDR plugin :eek:. Lovely sepia tones, and a misty background in the woods. Was amazed for the first half of the stage :D

SS9
Huuuge moment in that fast jumpy middle bit, very lucky to have made it back on all 4 wheels.
But CFH later anyway. :frown: On that downhill medium left, remembered something, and forgot to brake early for the corner :D

SS10
No major issues, but very untidy.

SS11
I hit that starting box somehow :confused:. Lost the front bumper immediately.
Not perfect, almost 20 seconds faster than the first run, but a stage win.

SS12
Nice, fun, stage win :)

EDIT: could it be? Points! Overall points! I have scored points overall! :woot:

Humm, a mixed bag, this one.

Haven't tried Tervaniemi for 3 weeks or so, so after crashing twice trying to be fast (and thinking I should have a time around 7 mins flat to make it worth anything) so I just decided to sit this one out, both times aroud. Also the Steering Lock value I recced with didn't seem to work on this fast stage.

Started off nicely, by matching my recce time on SS2. It wasn't fast, braked much and early. Something around 7s slower than top drivers, so meh ;). SS3 was very nice despite some shenanigans early on (almost went into the woods after the first bridge). Surprisingly I just missed winning this one, bummer.

I wanted to "experiment" on the second run of Sweet Lamb (SS5), decided to brake a bit later for the "K right wideout" (not many braking marks around there) - that ended up in the Focus just blasting away from the corner. Fortunately the plain terrain meant no crashing into trees and the grass was grippy enough to allow me to climb back on the steep hill and avoid calling for help. Surprisingly I was only 6s off the SS2 pace, so that was a relief.

SS6 was quite a failure. Was going slow, made some minor mistakes and to top it off I've hit a small tree that stopped me dead in my tracks, costing me a few seconds. On SS7 I had VERY big problems. Only Simone and Senad seemed to somewhat sense by spidey-sense where the road is going (or maybe it was a benefit of memorization/3d notes :]), but I missed a junction (you just don't see the road without the help of the visual notes) and had a big off and got stuck just before the finish line, spending good 10 or 15s on the side of the road. Ah, bummer.

On SS8 it wasn't all peachy either - I got overzealous on the flowing fast section and rolled it multiple times, surprisingly landing on the wheels after a while that felt like eternity. Later on I pressed an accelerator pedal by mistake/stupidity on the fast corner and ended up spinning after nudging a tree. Not my stage clearly :).

Dang it. It felt nice on wet Chird (SS9), but on the very last EXIT of the last corner I overcooked it and span. Can you imagine? I crossed the finish line trying to get out of the ditch, wheels sliding, car going 90-degree sideways, 2kph... Failure.

SS10 was disappointing. I caught the ditch with two wheels and hit a minuscule tree, the kind that WRCs plow through by the dozens. Immediate stop and engine dead. Rubbish :/.

SS11 and 12 were very nice, I tried to push as hard as I could, looking for a way to get a hold of a WRC. SS11 was clean and nice, but Rick outdone himself and I was behind him and Eddy here. SS12 was going to be my swan song of sorts and I had a very good feeling about it, but the potholes right around the 2/3 of the stages threw me off despite driving carefully through them and I half-span, loosing couple of seconds here. On the flipside it was probably one of my fastest (if not THE fastest) runs on Chirdonhead :).

Highlight of the round is the fact that if I wouldn't hit that tree I would probably place very close to Damien and that is very good news for me :). Unfortunately I'm still not consistent enough with a WRC to be fast, but it gave me a tough decision to make: whether I'm going to argue about me being put in the faster division or not ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%