RDRC S1 - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you click "display server hour" what do you get? It should say 5.24 (or close to that)

Maybe as Aaron said, try setting your PC clock to the same as the Server?

If you can't join this session, maybe we can create another one for you, if you sort out your problem.

Just ran SS1. Not sure what is going on, I have never seen the issue you are having. If you look at x.rallyesim.com it will show the server time.

At this point you should prolly have another session setup for you, else you will be DNF'd from the first stages :(

Phew, that was quite the rally!

I really went too aggressive in the beginning, Finland does that to me. I made some silly mistakes pushing too hard, and really got fatigued trying to keep up the pace.

I feel like it was a solid rally for me tho, no DNFs and no CFHs, so excited to see the times.

I enjoyed myself. Eckhart Sorry, you had to be happy when I took the lead, especially after the halfway point I was +30 s on Ludovic +1.30 on Lukasz. I just had to ensure the last step, the most dangerous were behind us (medium fog or dusk :rolleyes:).
But this overlooks the fact that I love our "mother earth". I could not help to go kiss a tree (and maybe more:wink:). I have not been strong but it was enough to force me to retired and drop 4 min... aouch ...
It's a shame, I was gone, but hey, this is my first rally after all:tongue:
Congratulations to Lukasz, was come back from the hell, for N4 and Seb for the WRC.

When we know the results of other servers?

another great event, the choice of tracks and mods was again superb. Only one DNF, so overall I am quite pleased.

stage1 thankfully the banks on either side were more forgiving than in snow, however the track looks a bit ridiculous in gravel mod with these grassy lumps on either side, one half spin, rest OK
stage2 BTB stage, reminded me of rally games some 10 years back, very little response from ffb which makes it difficult to play, had a massive double flip pretty much at the start but ended up sunny side up and could continue. Really spooked by the trees you can go through on this one and the limited run off area
stage3 first Japanese stage, went slightly off after about a minute, trying to rejoin got stuck between two trees (?) which killed the motor 500m down the road (???) DNF and very frustrated
stage4 almost a good one, however with a minute to go my hood decided to open again and I had to switch to bumper cam, forgot which button I set so that took precious seconds ...
stage5 another run of the BTB stage, scared to death when the motor went out after using handbrake in one of the 90 degree turns. It only came back on when I switched to reverse (???) craziest bug I ever met, lol. Cost me some 40 secs to figure that one out
stage6 Japan again, this time in dusk, could have gone on for hours and hours it was truly beautiful to watch, found a really good rhythm for the first time, nearly threw it away two turns from finish but somehow got back on track
stage7 Noiker in fog!!! what a challenge, truly loved it but those were some a tense nine minutes. nice run
stage8 Tanner, completely different rhythm to Noiker, never got into the groove and just struggled through, awful
stage9 Pirka damp, went nice and easy till I put the Mitsu into that little brook close to the finish, motor died on me with 500m to go, rolled to the finish and stopped some 50 virtual metres later, phew ...
stage10 Noiker damp, my best Noiker run ever, got below the 9min threshold easily, happy as a clown
stage11 Tanner again and this time I knew how to handle the totally different rhythm, nice run except for those last turns where it drops off to the right, never get those correct ever
stage12 gravel mod felt utterly strange here, kind of sterile, very littel response from ffb, hit one of the burnt stumps early on but luckily no damage at all or at least it didn't show.

all in all atruly splendid night out, thx RD and everyone who has a hand in organizing this series, great job.

there will.. i think i have it sorted it out now. I already had my updates installed.. got on at the appropriate time and all. At this moment i see that the OC session starts in 15 minutes. I am guessing i should not try to connect to that and wait for a US one?

there will.. i think i have it sorted it out now. I already had my updates installed.. got on at the appropriate time and all. At this moment i see that the OC session starts in 15 minutes. I am guessing i should not try to connect to that and wait for a US one?

Whichever works best for you. There's another session at 19:00GMT, or you can pick another time completely.

i would go now but we are about to get pounded by a major storm here so i will hit up the 19:00 GMT session.. as that should be 1300 CST time.

oh and i realized my mistake. I forgot that instead of clicking on the rally name you actually have to click "Start Online Session" and then choose a rally from the list. I thought that button pertained to creating rallies... lol. I am a fool!

My first ever rally driven online.

THX Warren for clear tutorial how to run RSRBR!
THX Senad for letting me drive :) I know there is now side-by-side action and fight, but still thanks.

I entered with lots of respect for rallying and with strong will "Bring the car home safely".
I didn't quite manage to keep it but i tried.

I don't remember what happened on which stage so I'll write shortly my experience.

SS2 BTB track - poor quality of surface texture - like old VGA games, maybe I have some bad settings? I'm quite new to RBR world.
Same SS - very poor pace notes, got surprised twice by 90 degrees corner, which were announced just after "Caution" with no time for braking...
Surface normal - does it mean gravel tires or tarmac tires?

Dusk stage and fog stages - awesome, really to get some times You need to drive on the edge or sometimes even behind the edge...

I made quite good runs at first 4 or 5 SS than I got overconfident and try to get faster what ended with numerous spins, crashes and 3 DNF's

DNF in SS 12 upset me very much because I just touched barriers with rear-end and me brakes broke up, 20 sec later engine overheated and gave up...

I also found a problem, when I blocked the wheels under braking, I tried to regain control with lifting brake pedal but i didn't help my car slide away and I felt that wheels are still blocked, is this normal or I did something wrong, some settings?

I really do liked to take part in this rally, I think about joining championship for rest of the season! I definitely will join Club Races!

See ya on stage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back